Page 61 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 4025

Thread: Training Log

Yeah Aka nice work onthe hacks.....I gotta give those a crack it's been a while!

Saint Patrick and Wicked1,

Thanks. I am starting to enjoy the hack squats. I like how I can descend at angles that would not be possible with regular squats and emphasize different areas of the legs/glutes, while placing less stress on the lower back. I also feel more comfortable going close to failure than with free weight squats. The hack squat machine in my gym is located right next to the incline leg press, so I can load plates directly from one machine to the other and save time. It is a nice change of pace from my low volume, squats and lunges workout.
    Last edited by aka23; 11-04-2003 at 10:18 AM.

If there is ever a place to have some cheat days, it is in Las Vegas. I love some of their buffetts. I don't know if you have been up it or not, but take your camera on the Stratosphere. I had some nice looking pictures from up there.
    5-9 170

Originally posted by ryan1117
    If there is ever a place to have some cheat days, it is in Las Vegas. I love some of their buffetts. I don't know if you have been up it or not, but take your camera on the Stratosphere. I had some nice looking pictures from up there.
    I am glad you reminded my to take my camera. I probably would not have thought to bring it. I will make sure to take it with me to the Stratosphere when I go on the thrill rides. This will be my first trip to Las Vegas. I am not a big fan of buffetts, but I will modify my diet to some extent for the trip. I purchased the portable refrigerator/cooler at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...ance&s=kitchen for the trip, so I will be able to store some perishables during the drive and in my hotel.
    Last edited by aka23; 11-04-2003 at 02:38 PM.

On Auto Pilot:******* Huge Alke's Avatar
    nice sessions aka, good to see your still progressing.

seems we both attack our routines with military precision. For myself my routines give me something I can define since it affects only me, and it is a sense of stability since everything else in my life is pretty chaotic most of the time.

oh and have a great time in Vegas bro', I know your planning out the details, but dont forget to have some fun and splurge a bit from the normal diet, youve definitley earned it.
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's
    30MAY03 = 800 Total - Bench 230, Squat 245, Deadlift 325
    22OCT04 = 960 Total - Bench 275, Squat 305, Deadlift 380

Most push-ups in one minute = 102 (BW:195lbs)

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" - George B. Shaw

FOOD is my drug of choice

Kenn,

Thanks. I think your description is accurate. I like to plan out my training sessions, and I enjoy the stability along with the sense of improving oneself.

As you expected, I have been planning out my trip to Las Vegas in detail and leaving little to chance. I have also been spending many hours at Yahoo games practicing playing blackjack. I have the basic strategies memorized, and now I am trying to incorporate various types of card counting. All of this will probably amount to no more than a 2% advantage, yet I enjoy trying to improve my system as much as possible.
    Last edited by aka23; 11-04-2003 at 08:01 PM.

Sunday’s Training Log

Sleep
    I slept approximately 9 hours using 25mg doxlamine succinate (OTC sleeping aid).

Weights
    Push Day, Emphasis Machines
    • Hammer Strength Incline Press – Warmup Sets,
      2plates+37.5 (+2.5lb) / 2 plates+22.5 per side x 7 (+2R)
      2p+27.5 (+2R) / 2p+12.5 x 9 (+4R)

This was my first time doing two-armed HS presses since the accident. I am using a new notation since I placed different weights on the right and left sides of the machine. The right side is listed before the /, and the left side is listed after the /. Comments written in (red) indicate a PR. Comments written in (black) indicate a PR for my left arm, but not a PR for my right arm. This notation sounds confusing. I am open to other suggestions.

I was not sure what weight to place on the left side since I have been doing sets with 5 or fewer reps for the past few weeks. I think I chose well. Both arms reached exhaustion at nearly the same time. I will try to increase the weights on my left side more rapidly than my right. Once my strength is roughly symmetrical, I will start substituting barbell presses. These HS presses irritated my left arm, but less than free weight exercises.
    • Hammer Strength Flat Press
      2plates+35 / 2plates+15 per side x Abort
      2p+35 / 2p+10 x 4;
      Right: 2p+35x4; Left: 2p+10x6.5 (+1.5R)

I had trouble getting the first set started, so I dropped 5lb off the left side and tried again. I am disappointed that I only was able to do 4 reps. I was able to do 6 reps of 1-armed presses with my right arm last week, and I was able to do 2p+30x3 with my right arm. I thought that I might not have been used to doing the two-armed movement, so I tried one-armed sets. I still only was able to do 4 reps with my right arm, but I did another two reps with my left arm. Perhaps I was not able to perform at my usual level because I was worn out from the incline presses.

It seems strange that my flat press is weaker than my incline press, especially on the left side. I am thinking about dropping the flat press from my workouts since I make faster gains on all other chest exercises.
    • Hammer Strength Wide Chest -
      4 plates per side (+7.5lb) / 3plates+12.5 per side x 6 (New)
      3p+35 (+1R) / 3p+2.5 x 8 (New)

This was my first time using the Wide Chest machine with my left arm. The motion feels like a different exercise when using both arms. It felt good to finally reach 4 plates on the right side. I expect to make rapid gains on my left side, as I get used to the new movement.
    • Hammer Strength Decline Press
      Right: 3plates+40 per side x 6.5 (+5lb); Left: 3plates+20 per side x 0, …x 0, 2p+10 x 7 (New)

This was my first time doing decline presses with my left arm, so I was not sure what weight to use. I started out with far too much weight. The left side would not budge, so I did one-armed presses with my right arm. After several unsuccessful attempts, I finally was able to do a set at 2plates +10. I find it interesting that my strength is so drastically different in my two arms. I suspect that the decline press emphasizes the triceps more than the other presses, much like dips. My left triceps are much weaker than my right and probably are the limiting factor in this exercise. I wish I had done some warm up sets, so I would have had a better idea of how much weight to use. I probably could have gone quite a bit heavier if my arm was not tired from the failed attempts.
    • Hammer Strength Military Press
      2plates+7.5 (+2.5lb) / 1 plate+40 per side x 7/5
      1p+42.5 (+1R) / 1p+30 x 8 (+3R)

I am disappointed with my left arm sets. Last session I did 2p+5 x 4. I should have been able to do more than 5 reps at 1p+40. Perhaps my arm was getting worn out and irritated from all the other HS push exercises. I plan to cut out 1-2 of these exercises in the near future.
    • One-armed Dumbbell Front Raises – Right: 55x9 (+1R); Left: 35xAbort, 30xAbort
      I will move up to 60lb next time with my right arm. My left arm was too irritated to lift a significant amount of weight. Front raises, chin-ups, curls, and upright rows seem to irritate my left arm more than other exercises.
    • One-armed Lying Dumbbell Extensions – Right: Warmup Set, 60x6.5 (+0.5R), 55x7.5; Left: 30x8 (+3R), 35x2
      My gains have been slowing down on these, especially on my second set. I plan to drop down the weight on my right side next time and focus on form. My warmup for my right arm was at the same weight as my first working set for my left arm, but with more reps. My slow gains on my right arm should give my left a chance to start catching up.
    • One-armed Reverse Cable Pushdowns – Right: Warmup Set, 85x7 (+5lb), 80x9 (+2R); Left: Warmup Set, 55x6 (+1R), 50x9 (+4R)
      I am continuing to make excellent gains on the reverse pushdowns. I prefer reverse pushdowns to forward pushdowns since it is easier to maintain form and minimize cheating.
    Bold = Largest weight ever used for given exercise
    (+X lb) = Personal Best -- added X lbs to record maximum
    (+X R) = Personal Best -- added X reps to max at given weight
    (+X R) = Personal Best for left arm, below overall personal best

General comments
    This workout probably looks odd because I do not use dumbbells or barbells for my pressing movements. I am beginning a new split in which I have one dumbbell push day and one machine push day every week or so. The machine day will give my left arm a chance to recover, as well as give my lower back a rest after the previous day’s high volume leg/lower back session. My left arm is often limited by control and stability in push exercises rather than strength, so it can be difficult to get a good strength workout. By not involving synergistic muscles to balance the weight, I will be able to work my chest and anterior delt at greater intensities than would be possible with free weights. I will also be able to go near to failure without fear of further injury.

I made a number of mistakes in today’s workout. One obvious one was starting heavy and skipping warm-ups in several of the new two-armed press exercises. I usually do not need much warm-up for machine exercises, but it this case it would have helped me get used to the movements and figure out how much weight to use. At least I will have a good idea how much weight to use next time.

Another problem was doing too many similar chest exercises. I would like to cut out one or two chest exercises from this workout. I will probably either cut out flat presses or decline presses. I make poor gains with flat presses, and I feel that my chest gets an adequate workout from the other exercises. In decline presses, I am limited by my left tricep instead of my chest, so my chest does not get a good workout.

Cardio
    Cycling, Intervals

I kept things easy since my legs and lower back were feeling sore from yesterday’s workout. I did a hill program with 2min 15 sec intervals, a program with 82.5 second intervals, and a program with 49 second intervals. The final two programs were at the max intensity of my Vision Fitness cycling machines. The first program was one level lower. All three durations were the same as last week. I am looking forward to treadmill HIIT tomorrow.

Diet
    • ~3700 calories
    • Snack 1 – Oatmeal, 1 package broccoli, 2 oz haddock, a few peanuts
    • Snack 2 - Oatmeal, 1-2 oz chicken breast, a few peanuts
    • Meal 1 – Large bowl Nature O’s cereal with skim milk, small serving chicken breast
    • Snack 3 - Air-popped popcorn, 1-2 oz pollock fillet
    • Meal 2 - Large bowl black beans mixed with brown rice, sweet potato, small serving chicken breast, banana, a few peanuts
    • Meal 3 - Large bowl oatmeal, chicken breast, brown rice, apple, 1 package green beans, a few peanuts
    • Meal 4 – Grape Nuts with skim milk, succotash, 1-2 oz chicken breast, small serving banana

Supplements
    3g fish oil, 2g flax oil, 1 multivitamin/mineral (no iron)
    Last edited by aka23; 11-05-2003 at 02:06 PM.

You could do a different color to denote PR's or even lifts for your left arm.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nice workout Aka. All things considered your strength is still great! Does look like a lot of pressing in one sitting I'll bet you feel it the day after!!!

HomeYield,

I like your suggestion about using a different color for PRs with my left hand. I originally chose the default (black) color because I did consider it a true PR, being less than my overall PR for one-armed lifts. I felt the default color seemed weaker and less noticeable than the (red) color for "true" PRs that were personal bests for both arms. Perhaps I will use something between a red and the default, such as purple.

Wikked1,

Thanks. Doing so many different exercises makes the volume looks larger than it actually is. I did ~7 working sets of chest exercises for either arm, ~3 working sets of anterior delt exercises, and ~4 working sets of triceps exercises. I typically do ~5 working sets of chest exercises per workout. After I cut out 1-2 of the HS presses, I should be back down to my usual workload.

You are absolutely correct about feeling sore the next day. I rarely feel any DOMS in my chest. After this workout, I felt more DOMS in my chest than I have in months, perhaps more than any other workout in this journal. I think the DOMS had more to do with the new exercises than the overall volume since the soreness was more severe and lasted for a longer period in my left side.
    Last edited by aka23; 11-05-2003 at 02:02 PM.

Thanks for the link, I never knew they had digital ones.

Monday’s Training Log

Sleep
    I slept approximately 7 hours using 25mg doxylamine succinate (OTC antihistamine sleeping aid).

Weights
    Rest Day
    As I mentioned earlier, the combination of new exercises/movements, high intensity, and an increase in volume has left my chest sorer than it has been in months. I also have minor DOMS in my legs from Saturday’s workout (2 days ago). My leg and lower back soreness was much more severe yesterday.

Cardio
    HIIT, 60-second Intervals
    I did a ramping 60-second interval workout. The first interval was at 10.0 mph. I then increased intensity during each interval until I reached 12.0 mph (max speed of treadmill) and a 1% incline, and started a second set of ramping intensity intervals. I find these 60 second intervals much more difficult than my shorter 30-45 second interval workouts. This is especially true during the later portion, after about 20 minutes. The combination of lactate accumulation, calf/quad soreness, and physical exhaustion really pushes me to my limits.

In previous workouts, I have usually started each series at 11mph. I dropped down the intensity since I have been having trouble completing the full 60-second periods of the final few intervals. My strategy was successful. I was able to do the full 60 second period during all 15 intervals. I nearly reached complete exhaustion after the 14th interval. I surprised myself when I was able to complete a final interval, even if it was at a lower intensity. I could not have done a 16th 60-sec interval at that intensity. I could barely complete the first few minutes of my cooldown at a slow jog/fast walk pace.

My workout is summarized below. The final column lists the percentage of my maximum heart rate during its highest point within the interval. ? indicates that the readings were erratic and may not be accurate. Note that my HR reached above 100% of my MHR during interval 14. This reading was probably not an accurate measure.
    • 3 min -- Warmup
    • 2 min -- 6 mph
    • Interval 1 -- 60 sec 10.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- 81% MHR
    • Interval 2 -- 60 sec 10.5 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- 87% MHR
    • Interval 3 -- 60 sec 11.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- 89% MHR
    • Interval 4 -- 60 sec 11.5 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- 91% MHR
    • Interval 5 -- 60 sec 12.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- 93% MHR
    • Interval 6 -- 60 sec 12.0 mph +1% incline / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- 94% MHR
    • Interval 7 -- 60 sec 10.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- 91% MHR
    • Interval 8 -- 60 sec 10.5 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- 94%? MHR
    • Interval 9 -- 60 sec 11.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- 96%? MHR
    • Interval 10 -- 60 sec 11.5 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph – 99%? MHR
    • Interval 11 -- 60 sec 12.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- 97%? MHR
    • Interval 12 -- 60 sec 10.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- 99%? MHR
    • Interval 13 -- 60 sec 10.5 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- 99%? MHR
    • Interval 14 -- 60 sec 11.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- 101%? MHR
    • Interval 15 -- 60 sec 10.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- 99%? MHR
    • 6 min -- Cooldown

Diet
    • 3500-3600 calories
    • Snack 1 – Oatmeal, 1 package broccoli, 1-2 oz turkey breast, a few peanuts
    • Snack 2 - Oatmeal, 1-2 oz turkey breast, a few peanuts
    • Meal 1 - Large bowl Nature O’s cereal with skim milk, small serving turkey breast
    • Meal 2 - Large bowl black beans mixed with brown rice, sweet potato, small serving chicken breast, banana, a few peanuts
    • Meal 3 - Large bowl oatmeal, chicken breast, brown rice, 1 package green beans, apple, a few peanuts
    • Meal 4 – Large bowl Kashi Heart to Heart cereal with skim milk, 1 ear corn, 1 package peas, 1-2 oz turkey breast
    Today’s calorie total was lower than normal since I had no weight or cardio sessions until the evening. I averaged 3634 calories per day this week. 3634 is 156 calories below last week’s total. Much of the change is related to having more rest days and burning fewer calories under my new split. I am also trying to slow my rate of weight gain.

Supplements
    1g flax oil, 4g fish oil
    Last edited by aka23; 11-06-2003 at 12:35 AM.

Tuesday’s Training Log

Sleep
    I slept approximately 6 hours without using 25mg Restoril (benzodiazepine sleeping aid).

Weights
    Pull Day, Emphasis Machines
    • Hammer Strength Low Row – Warmup Sets,
      Right Arm: 3plates +15 per side x 7 (+2.5lb), 3p+5 x 9 (+2R)
      Left Arm: 2plates +37.5 per side x 7 (+2R), 2p+27.5 x 9 (+3R)

My left arm had greater ROM than my right, and it seems that I gain strength more quickly in my left arm than my right. I may try incrementing by 5lb per workout with my left arm and 2.5lb with my right next time.
    • LifeCircuit Row215(up)/301(down) x 7 (+5lb/7lb), 195(up)/273(down) x 9 (+3R)
      I set eccentric (down) weight at 40% greater than concentric weight (up). These felt much tougher than last week. I will slow down my rate of weight increment in future workouts.
    • Cybex Pulldown – Warmup Set, 285x7, 265x9 (+1R)
      This is my second time doing two-armed pulldowns since the accident. Both sets were 10lb more than last week, but still less than my pre-accident PR of ~300x7. I will increase to 295 (Stack +5) next time.
    • Hammer Curls
      Right Arm: 55x9 (+1R), 60x3.5 (+5lb)
      Left Arm: 40x7.5 (+2.5R), 45x5.5 (+0.5R)

My hammer curl is stronger than my standard curl with my right arm, but weaker than my standard curl with my left arm. I suspect that my brachioradialis is especially weak on my left side. The brachiaoraialis extends from lateral ridge of humerus, near where the plates were inserted. This area seems to get irritated easily.
    • Hammer Strength Shrugs450x7 (+10lb), 420x9 (+2R)
      It felt good to reach 5 plates per side. I can probably only fit 5p+10 per side or 470 on this machine.
    • One-armed Lateral Raise Machine
      Right Arm: Stack+40 (190)x7 (+5lb), Stack+30 (180)x9 (+2R)
      Left Arm: Stack+10 (160)x7 (+5lb), Stack (150)x9 (+2R)

I tried placing a 25lb plate in the pin, instead of two 10lb plates this time. This made it easier to balance the weights. I can not go any higher than 25lb because additional plates would hit the floor, reducing my ROM. Stack +40 may be the maximum I can reach on this machine. I will see if I can fit another plate in the pin, with the 25lbs. Perhaps I can find a longer pin. A few people stared at me while I was doing these again. I am probably the only person in my gym who does lat raises one arm at a time.
    • One-armed Cable Row to Shoulders with Elbows Out
      Right Arm: 100x7.5 (+1R)
      Left Arm: 80x8 (+5lb)

I am experimenting with new rear deltoid exercises since I cannot go any higher on the machine.
    • One-armed Rear Lateral Raise Machine
      Right Arm: Stack+20 (270) x33 (+2R)
      Left Arm: Stack+20 (270) x24 (+3R)

Stack+20 is as high as I can safely go on this machine. I kept my elbow at a higher angle, to make the exercise more challenging. These high rep sets feel very different from my usual 7-9 reps. I am limited by endurance and lactate, rather than strength. They tend to cause more DOMS than my usual sets.
    (+X R) = Personal Best for a particular arm, but not overall personal best

General Comments
    I took HomeYield’s suggestion and modified the notation used in these sessions. (red) indicates overall PRs. (purple) indicates a PR for my left arm that is below my overall PR. I am open to other suggestions that would make things more clear.

This was an excellent workout. Every working set was a PR except for the first set of Cybex pulldowns, and I had many large gains. I expect to continue to make rapid gains, as I get used to my new split.

Cardio
    Cycling, Low Intensity, Long Duration
    My legs were feeling sore after yesterdays HIIT, so I did a low intensity active recovery day.

Diet
    • 3600-3700 calories
    • Snack 1 – Large bowl oatmeal, 1 package broccoli, 1-2 oz turkey breast, a few peanuts
    • Snack 3 - Air-popped popcorn, 1-2 oz turkey breast
    • Meal 1 – Shredded Wheat with skim milk and cutup banana, small serving cod
    • Meal 2 - Large bowl black beans mixed with brown rice, sweet potato, small serving turkey breast, 2 plums, a few peanuts
    • Snack 4 - Grapes
    • Meal 3 - Large bowl oatmeal, chicken breast, brown rice, apple, 1 package green beans, a few peanuts
    • Meal 4 – Organic Oats cereal with skim milk, 1 package brussel sprouts, 1 ear corn, 1-2 oz turkey breast, small serving cantaloupe

Supplements
    1g flax oil, 4g fish oil
    Last edited by aka23; 11-06-2003 at 12:52 PM.

Westside
    nice workout man good to see your making some new pr's every workout

Originally posted by ChampionLifter8
    nice workout man good to see your making some new pr's every workout
    Thanks. I tend to make PRs frequently since I add weight or reps in small increments and rarely test maxes.

Good to see the left arm is progressing well Aka. How does it look now getting back to normal size dude?

Originally posted by Wikked1
    Good to see the left arm is progressing well Aka. How does it look now getting back to normal size dude?
    My left arm is above my preaccident strength in almost all areas, but it is has fallen behind my right arm. I am making superior gains on my left side, so I expect that my strength will eventually even out and become symmetrical, except perhaps on certain tricep exercises.

My HST type program really helped increase the size of my left arm and related body parts. My back, shoulder, bicep, and forearm are all approximately the same size. My left tricep is still smaller than my right. I fear that it may never progress like my right due to the surgical damage in that area. The left side of my chest is a slightly different shape than my right. It does not extend as far forward, especially on the upper area. Hopefully this area will become symmetrical now that I am doing the same program for both arms.
    Last edited by aka23; 11-07-2003 at 01:06 PM.

AKA, what is teh approximate split of your macros? Carb/protein/fat %'s. I was thinking that I should drop my protein a bit and replace it with some carbs. I was curious what your %'s are because we eat about the same amount of cals a day.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Originally posted by cphafner
    AKA, what is teh approximate split of your macros? Carb/protein/fat %'s. I was thinking that I should drop my protein a bit and replace it with some carbs. I was curious what your %'s are because we eat about the same amount of cals a day.
    I do not have a set macronutrient breakdown or macronutrient goals. My typical macronutrient ratios are roughly 60% carb / 25% protein / 15% fat. I get the extra calories necessary to fuel my cardio and other activities from carbs. I would not recommend that others eat this much carbs unless they did a lot of high intensity exercise, handled carbs/insulin well, and chose lower GI carbs. 15% fat might also be too low to get adequate EFAs unless the fats were from good sources and the caloric intake was high. Note that I am taking EFA supplements. Similarly 25% protein might be too low if caloric intake was low. I do not think the macronutrient ratios make much difference so long as you are getting adequate protein, adequate EFAs, and enough carbs to fuel your workouts and promote anabolism. Note that I am excluding special situations, such as extreme diets.
    Last edited by aka23; 11-07-2003 at 05:36 PM.

Nice work as always aka.

yo aka23- need yo help again. im looking for a web site for powerbands. the type used in powerlifting. thanks again

YBW

Dedicated,
    Thanks for the support.

YoBrickWall,
    You can purchase power bands and other powerlifting equipment at the following links:

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...lt.asp?cid=138
    http://www.monstermuscle.com/accessories.asp
    http://www.jumpstretch.com/Merchant2...ategory_Code=F
    https://secure.directus.net/sorinex/viewitem.asp?id=11

All of them sell JumpStretch products which are described in more detail at http://www.jumpstretch.com/ . The first two links have slightly lower prices than the others, but differences in shipping and taxes could make the other links less expensive.
    Last edited by aka23; 11-07-2003 at 10:44 PM.

Wednesday’s Training Log

Sleep
    I slept approximately 4.5 hours without using sleeping aids.

Weights
    Legs, Lower Back & Abs -- Low Volume
    • Almost Parallel Squats – Warmup Set, 315x13 (+1R)
      I barely was able to do the last rep. When I completed this set, I was out of breath and had some lower back pain. I plan to do more warmup sets next time.
    • 3/4 Squats – 240x14 (+1R)
      I felt like I was limited by my cardiovascular endurance and lower back when doing this set.
    • Full Squats with Pause – 190x14 (+1R)
    • Lunges – 180x13/13 (+1R)
    • Incline Sit-ups – BW+70 x15, BW+70 x 15
      I intended to increment by 5lb this week. Unfortunately I did not check my training log and remembered last week’s weight incorrectly.
    • Russian TwistsBW+40 x 15 (+5lb)
      The most difficult part of this set was trying to hold a 40lb of plates in a symmetrical manner.
    • Vert. Leg Raises – BW+75 x 15 and a few other types/sets in a drop set style
      This is 5lb above last week, but below my PR from before the accident..

General Comments
    I will probably starting increasing the weights used for the squats and lunges next week. I have been using the same weight and instead increasing reps for more than a month.

Cardio
    Rest Day
    I have changed my training schedule so this is a rest day, instead of moderate intensity cycling day. I plan to move my cycling day to my rest day later this week, replacing the low intensity cardio day. My complete schedule will look similar the following:

Day 1: Leg Day (Low volume), No Cardio
    Day 2: Push Day (Free Weights), Increasing Speed on Treadmill (Medium -> High Intensity) followed by Elliptical Trainer Intervals
    Day 3: Rest Day, Cycling (Medium Intensity)
    Day 4: Pull Day (Free Weights), Elliptical Trainer Random Program (Medium-High Intensity)
    Day 5: Leg Day (High Volume), No Cardio
    Day 6: Push Day (Machines), Cycling Intervals (Medium Intensity)
    Day 7: Rest Day, Treadmill HIIT (Near Maximum Intensity)
    Day 8: Pull Day (Machines), Active Recovery Cycling (Low Intensity)
    Repeat

Once I feel that my left arm can handle Push/Pull workouts on sequential days, I will switch to a 15 day cycle that has less fewer leg days and more cardio.

Diet
    • 3400-3500 calories
    • Snack 1 – Oatmeal, 10oz package broccoli, 1-2 oz turkey breast, a few peanuts
    • Snack 3 - Air-popped popcorn, ~1 oz turkey breast
    • Meal 1 – Nature O’s cereal with skim milk, small serving turkey breast
    • Snack 4 – 2 plums
    • Meal 3 - Large bowl oatmeal, chicken breast, brown rice, pear, 10 oz package green beans, a few peanuts
    • Meal 4 – Nature O’s cereal with skim milk, 10 oz package broccoli, 1-2 oz chicken breast
    I believe this is the fewest calories I have eaten since September, 5th. It was lower than normal due to the combination of reduced appetite from not doing cardio and doing a low volume weight session.

Supplements
    1g flax oil, 3g fish oil, 1.3g borage oil
    Last edited by aka23; 05-12-2004 at 04:30 PM.

Props on repping with 315 squats, better you than me dude - - nice leg work overall

u without any sleeping aids - ...and really hope they completely leave the picture.

That's some incredible squatting there. It looks like we are fairly consistent with each other between our parallel weights and our full squat weights. We both seem to have reps for our 240 full squat weight pretty much equaling our 315 parallel squat weight.
    5-9 170