Thread: thatdaveguy's journal - keep me honest!

thatdaveguy's journal - keep me honest!

Another %$^& new journal for you all to read!

This is my first attempt to let everyone know of all my successes and failures. I rely on all of you to keep me honest and on the right track.

I vow only to post important information in a brief and consise mannor so you do not have to wade through a bunch of stuff in this journal. I will post daily cal/carb/protine/fat numbers and on workout days I will just tell you the split/bodyparts worked and any personal bests.

My intent is to use this as another tool to help me reach my goals, to look my best - any help along the way is appreciated more that you know...

current status:
    body type: ectomorph I think - naturally big (fat!)
    ht: 6'4
    wt: 219
    bf: 15%
    Bi's: 15"
    (will include other measurements soon)
    best bench: 190 lbs
    best squat: 210 lbs

Current phase: Bulk

16 week goals:
    bench my body weight X5
    squat 250 lbs X 5
    get weight to 235
    eat 3500 - 4000 cal per day, 40/30/30 Carb/pro/fat
    always be INTENSE in the gym, no "sight seeing"

wish me luck gang!

dave
    the only things holding you back are the limitations in your mind, not your body.

Good luck Dave on your first journal. Reading through a "bunch of stuff" is not necesarily a bad thing, after all a little diversion can be quite entertaining. But to each their own.

Once again, good luck.

Good luck bro. And I'm with rookie on this one...the "bunch of stuff" is usually a good read, and can let people know what you are all about, strike up interesting conversation, etc. However, like rookie said, to each his own!
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

Man, I forgot that I started this thing... It has been about 6 months since that first post. Current stats:
    Weight 220
    Bf still about the same at 15%
    best bench 205
    Bis 16
    havent tested squat in a while

Spent about 3 months bulking (got up to 338 lbs) then started a cut. I have ben trying to cut for the last few months or so with the Keto diet. It is hard to follow that diet but it seems to work well. I am hitting the diet hard for the next month and will post again with progress. I will probably go to a low carb and low fat diet for the summer then start a clean bulk this fall or even a keto bulk. My willpower has been fairly week as of late, I need to get my head out of my ass NOW!
    Last edited by thatdaveguy; 05-02-2003 at 02:54 AM.
    the only things holding you back are the limitations in your mind, not your body.