The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Journal of the K

Okay, I need to start a(nother) journal. My last one had like 3 entries. I'm really just starting it to chart progress because I'm starting to put up some weight that I'm sort of proud of. No diet or anything, just probably my bodyweight and training.

Going steady at 195 for now.

Last Tuesday, April 15 (chest):

Decline bench (barbell)
    135x5
    155x5
    185x5
    205x5
    225x2.5
    225x2.5

Incline dumbbell presses
    40x5
    45x5
    50x5
    55x5
    60x5

Cable flyes (high to low)
    60x5
    70x5
    80x5
    90x5
    100x5

Friday, April 18 (back, bi's):

Dumbbell rows:
    60x5
    70x5
    80x5
    90x5
    100x5

Seated rows (isolated arms, weight for each arm)
    45x5
    55x5
    70x5
    80x5
    90x5

Hammer strength curls (close grip)
    45x5
    55x5
    65x5
    75x5
    90x5

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Simplistic
    Good luck man. Any short term goals?

Why so much volume?

Today, Monday, April 21

Weight: still like 195 (I'm 6'1 by the way) but then again, haven't weighed.

(chest again; legs were very sore from some activities last week...also some tri's):

Decline hammer strength machine thing (seated, but the motion is like a decline in that you start about mid-chest and push out)
    160x5 (80 a side; arms are isolated but used at same time)
    180x5
    230x5
    250x5
    290x7 (!!!)

Cable flyes (high to low)
    60x5
    70x5
    80x5
    90x5
    100x6

Underhand grip one-arm cable pulldowns (tri exercise, not like a lat pulldown)
    30x5
    40x8
    50x5
    60x5
    70x8

Felt good on all these. 290x7 was fun; 3 45's on each side plus a 10. Tri's felt good after I was done. Getting back into regular routine, which is normally Monday, chest and tri's; Wednesday, legs; Friday, back and bi's. Life was getting in the way the past couple of weeks but things have settled down.

Progressions are all teh r0x0r considering that I'm cutting and have been for a while. Need to invest in some straps or something for future back work (Friday) and some gloves for occasional use since even my callouses are tearing on some stuff. Maybe I just need to toughen up. Maybe I'm just a wuss. Well hey, FVCK YOU! I HATE YOU!!!

Okay, sorry. But anyway, yeah, I need something for a little better grip and I don't really like straps, so maybe gloves for stuff that requires grip.

Neil, goal is just cutting for now. Taking it really slow; I'm in no hurry. Going mainly by the mirror for when I want to change it around. As for the volume, I'm trying out a 5x5 routine to see how I like it. So far I really do like it. I guess another goal is to gain some strength a la powerlifting/low reps. I'm trying to work it out to about 10 sets per muscle group, which is why I sometimes don't work bi's or tri's directly. Most of the time I don't feel like I need it too much.