Thread: Losing fat/gaining muscle

Wannabebig Member

Losing fat/gaining muscle

Hi there, I am 28 and have been working out since I was 14... I have not had the best results, especially lately. I am a fair size, and don't have much trouble building muscle, the trouble lies in getting the definition I want. I am currently at 225 lbs on a 6 foot frame... The best shape I have been in was a couple years ago at 200 lbs, and 14% body fat... I can't seem to get much better. I generally try to eat small meals throughout the day, trying to get a relatively even compliment of macronutrients, and try to get my fats from unsaturates, omega-3s... I do allow one cheat day for sanity... If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and I also usually have a couple cups of coffee a day.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    You're trying to lose fat right? Well, I suggest you do that first first before trying to gain muscle.

It seems like you're on the right path. What's your caloric intake? And where are you getting most of your calories from? And the cheat day is good. It bumps up your metabolism and leptin( the thing that tells you you're full).

Also, do you keep a log at fitday.com? It would help.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Wannabebig Member
    thanks I will check out fitday.com... to be honest I don't know what my caloric intake would be... but I eat small portions six times a day, and try and combine a protein with a carb...eg. I will have tuna on lettuce, and an apple for dessert...
    if I get hungry and crave something between meals I have fruit, or nuts

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Your diet looks very good. Fitday.com will keep track of how many calories you eat and how much you burn.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....