Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official WBB NHL playoff thread:

Kinda hung on there at the end. Great to see the Canucks force a game seven.

Tampa Bay beat the Caps in six. Martin St. Louis scored some pretty goals in that series. The Devils and the Lightining should be a good series.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

And the Leafs keep alive,
    Leafs all the way!

Man what a game, and what a series. I tip my hat to both teams. Roenick is a warrior, and every year I think I"m going to give up on Tucker, but he just becomes the man in the playoffs for us.

I'm sure it'll be a battle game 7 tonight. Considering they've already played over 9 games of hockey in 6 games, with all the overtimes they've had.

I have to pick the leafs tonight, not because I'm a fan, but because Ottawa is the next opponent, and everyone knows it's Toronto's job to knock those panzy ass homos out of the playoffs every year.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Banned
    after that travesty of a game on Saturday it was nice to see the Leafs still had some hockey in 'em

Banned
    The Flyers have absolutely dominated every game on home ice this series. I see no reason why tonight would be any different. The Leafs only chance of advancing lies in the ability of Belfour to have the game of his life. What a joke it would be if the Leafs moved on after being outplayed, outworked, and outhustled in 5 of the first 6 games (and for the record, the only time they didn't get outplayed, game 6, the game was even).

Vido perhaps you haven't watched enough of the games, since your analysis is pretty bad. Sure the leafs have been outplayed, quite often during the game, but it comes in waves, where 2 or 3 shifts will be dominated by either team and then vice versa. Both goalies have been amazing, and only hockey layman will look at shots on goal as indicative of who is doing more work in who's zone. Leafs are not a "shooting" team. They probably outshot their opponents in maybe 5% of games in the last 4 or 5 years. As for physical play, Philly started off strong, but I would argue leafs are taking the body a whole lot more than philly now. To say it's a joke for one team to advance in a series that's had 7 periods worth of overtime is pretty far off base.

There is something called heart in hockey as well, and leafs are one of those teams that can survive on it, despite players being injured or non-existent in the playoffs. Last year was an excellent example of that.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

GO CANUCKS, LEAFS AND WILD TONIGHT!!!

Gonna be one hell of a hockey night.
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    Originally posted by orbital
    GO CANUCKS, LEAFS AND WILD TONIGHT!!!

Gonna be one hell of a hockey night.
    I agree 100%! I will be glued to the TV set, flipping back and forth between all the games

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

Wannabebig Member
    The Flyers need to get back to the phsyical game.The Leafs have been out hitting them and out hustling them.
    They are best when hitting and causing turnovers and simply the Leafs seem to want it more.Having said that GO FLYERS

Wannabebig Member
    What's that I hear? I think it's the fat lady warming up in Toronto

Banned
    Originally posted by ElPietro
    Vido perhaps you haven't watched enough of the games, since your analysis is pretty bad. Sure the leafs have been outplayed, quite often during the game, but it comes in waves, where 2 or 3 shifts will be dominated by either team and then vice versa. Both goalies have been amazing, and only hockey layman will look at shots on goal as indicative of who is doing more work in who's zone. Leafs are not a "shooting" team. They probably outshot their opponents in maybe 5% of games in the last 4 or 5 years. As for physical play, Philly started off strong, but I would argue leafs are taking the body a whole lot more than philly now. To say it's a joke for one team to advance in a series that's had 7 periods worth of overtime is pretty far off base.

There is something called heart in hockey as well, and leafs are one of those teams that can survive on it, despite players being injured or non-existent in the playoffs. Last year was an excellent example of that.
    Hope you're enjoying the game there buddy boy.

Originally posted by Vido
    The Flyers have absolutely dominated every game on home ice this series. I see no reason why tonight would be any different. The Leafs only chance of advancing lies in the ability of Belfour to have the game of his life. What a joke it would be if the Leafs moved on after being outplayed, outworked, and outhustled in 5 of the first 6 games (and for the record, the only time they didn't get outplayed, game 6, the game was even).
    Wow, this Vido guy sure knows his stuff .
    Last edited by Vido; 04-22-2003 at 07:18 PM.

Mystic Eric
    lol

Stupid Leafs. Defense!!! Defense!!!
    Last edited by Maki Riddington; 04-23-2003 at 08:29 PM.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Originally posted by AdamGberg
    LEZ GO TAMPA BAY....

a man can hope and dream, worked for my bucs!
    damn, i like to point out what i said 10 days ago...the lightning advance to round 2 for the first time ever in franchise history!!
    "Don't take life too serious, you'll never get out alive."-Van Wilder

Mystic Eric
    WHOOOOOOOO!!!!! Canucks vs Wild!!!!!! WHOOOOOO!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CANUCKS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

:alcoholic :alcoholic

GO CANUCKS!! WHAT A COMEBACK!!
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Damn, the Leafs got smoked last night.
    Flyers took it fair and square, thank got there is still hope for Canucks and Sens.

lol, the West has just become really weak with the Ducks and the Wild both upsetting really good teams.

I predict a Tampa Bay and Anahiem Stanley Cup Final. lol.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

Wannabebig Member
    For all of you Canadians, do you Canadain fans dislike American teams, even if you root for the leafs and they are eliminated, do you still root for other Canadain teams to beat ours.
    I hate vancouver.

I don't care where a team is from. The players are a mix anyway. I only would like to see the canadian teams stay where they are, but really, I don't root for any team because of which country they are located in.

Leafs disgusted me last night. Philly didn't even play that good, it was just like the leafs decided they weren't going to play or something. Defense was horrible, and at least 2 goals were a direct result of Jerky Lumme's incompetence. What dumbsh!t decided to keep him on the team should certainly be fired for this. He does absolutely nothing positive for the team, and is incapable of stopping anyone from going to the net. Wouldn't have mattered the way they came out and played anyway, but he's still a POS player and I think I could be better on the line that that f@ggot.

Well that is all for my leaf commentary for this year. It would amuse me to see the wild or anaheim and tampa go far this year.

Current FFFA Enforcer

I don't have many comments at this point. Hopefully this will answer any questions.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO

CANUCKS WIN!!!!!!

--Wordsworth

Originally posted by ElPietro
    I don't care where a team is from. The players are a mix anyway. I only would like to see the canadian teams stay where they are, but really, I don't root for any team because of which country they are located in.

Leafs disgusted me last night. Philly didn't even play that good, it was just like the leafs decided they weren't going to play or something. Defense was horrible, and at least 2 goals were a direct result of Jerky Lumme's incompetence. What dumbsh!t decided to keep him on the team should certainly be fired for this. He does absolutely nothing positive for the team, and is incapable of stopping anyone from going to the net. Wouldn't have mattered the way they came out and played anyway, but he's still a POS player and I think I could be better on the line that that f@ggot.

Well that is all for my leaf commentary for this year. It would amuse me to see the wild or anaheim and tampa go far this year.
    Toronto got thoroughly outplayed in every facet of the game last night. There are no excuses. That was disgraceful. I hoped for more, honestly, I wanted them to win, but I got a sick pleasure out of it. We hate the Leafs with a passion out here.

--Wordsworth

Now I know why the Ducks beat my Wings, read all about it here

http://boards.sportsnet.ca/article.p...=nested&tid=38

Richard Dawkins

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

Second Round Predictions anybody?

East

Philadelphia over Ottawa 4-3
    New Jersey over Tampa 4-2

West

Dallas over Anaheim 4-2
    Vancouver over Minn. 4-1
    Last edited by Rastaman; 04-24-2003 at 03:34 PM.
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.