Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The Official WBB NHL playoff thread:

Banned
    My favourite team left is the Flyers...so gotta support the boys. If Ottawa eliminates them, then I'll cheer for them and hope they bring the Cup back to Canada.

Mystic Eric
    Don't mind Vido. He's just cranky that we didn't watch Smallville and Angel together tonight

Originally posted by Vido
    My favourite team left is the Flyers...so gotta support the boys. If Ottawa eliminates them, then I'll cheer for them and hope they bring the Cup back to Canada.
    Nice of you. And if Ottawa loses to Tbay or NJ in the East Final and Vancouver is still in....? nm, we all know the answer. Are there any treason laws in this country?
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

Didn't get a chance to watch the game, had to work. I heard the Canucks played very well, even played a trap in the late stages of the game. This series may go the distance, we'll have to see...
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Banned
    Originally posted by orbital

Nice of you. And if Ottawa loses to Tbay or NJ in the East Final and Vancouver is still in....? nm, we all know the answer. Are there any treason laws in this country?
    Don't worry, I don't even have to consider that as an option as we all know Vancouver won't be around much longer .

Go the distance?? Canucks are going to win it in five. I am the master of tha predictions!!

"The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Banned
    New Jersey over Tampa in 5

Well at least I know I'll get one for sure.

Banned
    If the Canucks win this game tonight it is the biggest f'in joke I've ever seen! Whichever one of those boneheaded refs called the penalty against Zyuzin late in the 3rd should be shot! Make up call my ass! Bertuzzi hit Mitchell into the boards from behind (hmmm...sounds like boarding to me). What was there to make up for? The brutal call ends the power play and the Canucks go on to score in the ensuing 4 on 4 situation. B f'in S!!!!!!

I am speechless right now. This team right here... This team right here has the Mild by the balls.
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

If the Canucks win this game tonight it is the biggest f'in joke I've ever seen! Whichever one of those boneheaded refs called the penalty against Zyuzin late in the 3rd should be shot! Make up call my ass! Bertuzzi hit Mitchell into the boards from behind (hmmm...sounds like boarding to me). What was there to make up for? The brutal call ends the power play and the Canucks go on to score in the ensuing 4 on 4 situation. B f'in S!!!!!!
    Both the Zyuzin and Bertuzzi penalties were nonsense. The Zyuzin was clearly makeup. Bertuzzi had him lined up shoulder to shoulder, Mitchell turned. That IS NOT Bertuzzi's bad. Go over to the Wild boards, the majority of them are saying this as well. Wild fans! They don't think that that was a penalty. The Canucks won that game fair and square. I know you hate them Vido, but at least admit that.

--Wordsworth

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! CANUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Banned

Both the Zyuzin and Bertuzzi penalties were nonsense. The Zyuzin was clearly makeup. Bertuzzi had him lined up shoulder to shoulder, Mitchell turned. That IS NOT Bertuzzi's bad. Go over to the Wild boards, the majority of them are saying this as well. Wild fans! They don't think that that was a penalty. The Canucks won that game fair and square. I know you hate them Vido, but at least admit that.
    ONCE THE CANUCKS TIED IT, they won the game fair and square. I can't say anything about Kuba's double-minor in OT because that was as blatant as they come. However, I still can't believe that the Bertuzzi penalty would be deemed "suspect" by anyone. I don't have a rulebook on hand, but isn't the definition of boarding something along the lines of "hitting a player FROM BEHIND into the boards"? Well, considering that's exactly what he did, I fail to see how the call was questionable at all. Mitchell turned his head (maybe enough to see Bertuzzi, maybe not), but he did not turn his body, which was facing the boards the entire time...at least that was my interpretation.

Regardless, I don't understand the whole make-up call thing (not to mention that there should at least be some type of infringement that the refs can fake being more serious than it was, not just calling random things that didn't even happen as was the case in this game). We all understand the 2 wrongs don't make a right theory, so what is the point of make-up calls? And when the make-up call comes a minute into the power play, then that means the opposing team (that is just supposed to get back to a level playing field via this "make-up call") ends up with a reasonable length power play themselves. How can any referee justify a suspect call, by making an EVEN MORE suspect call, and putting the opposite team at an advantage? Like they're thinking "ok, we MIGHT have screwed up once...if we just screw up even worse, but for the other team, everything will somehow be even again." That just makes no sense at all.

Clearly this is just a rant because I wanted to see the Canucks get eliminated when I go to the game on Monday, and now I might see the exact opposite, which will just make me lose it!

Lol, you should have seen me last night. Me and Eric were driving around in Surrey after the game. There were so many kids out and about with their little Canucks paraphenalia(spl) yelling and chanting, there were car full guys and girls honking and screaming, "Go Canucks Go" etc. I nearly blew a ****en gasket. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Canucks basher, I like to see them win. But what really pisses me off of these piece of **** bandwagon jumpers, and these are not your typical bandwagon jumpers either, most of these assholes have no clue about hockey. These are the same assholes calling the local sports radio show (team 1040) and giving their retarded input on what the Canucks need to do. Retarded advice such as, "Cloutier sucks in net, put in Alex Auld?" These are the same assholes that suggest the Canucks make either the most ridiculous trade before the trade deadline, or try to acquire a player that the Canucks have no chance in getting. These are the assholes that piss me off, and it felt like a saw a whole bunch of them last night.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

Clearly this is just a rant because I wanted to see the Canucks get eliminated when I go to the game on Monday, and now I might see the exact opposite, which will just make me lose it!

Hahahaha, SUCKA! When the Canucks win the cup you're going to be the biggest loser in town.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Lol at cruising the means streets of "Currey."
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Lol at cruising the means streets of "Currey."
    lol.

Richard Dawkins

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

However, I still can't believe that the Bertuzzi penalty would be deemed "suspect" by anyone. I don't have a rulebook on hand, but isn't the definition of boarding something along the lines of "hitting a player FROM BEHIND into the boards"? Well, considering that's exactly what he did, I fail to see how the call was questionable at all. Mitchell turned his head (maybe enough to see Bertuzzi, maybe not), but he did not turn his body, which was facing the boards the entire time...at least that was my interpretation.

We disagree.

Al Macinnis = victim # 1

Willie Mitchell = victim #2.

Sandis Ozolinsh #8
    Mighty Ducks of Anaheim
    Defense
    Height 6-3
    Weight 205
    Shoots Left
    Born August 2, 1972
    Riga, LVA

= probable choice for victim # 3

*warning on link!*

Bertuzzi_+_NHL_Defenseman_=_Pure_Asskicking
    Last edited by orbital; 05-04-2003 at 12:57 AM.

--Wordsworth

Sandis Ozolinsh #8
    Mighty Ducks of Anaheim
    Defense
    Height 6-3
    Weight 205
    Shoots Left
    Born August 2, 1972
    Riga, LVA

= probable choice for victim # 3

Bertuzzi is going to make pate paste out of that softie.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Canucks can end it tonight......

Richard Dawkins

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

......Looks like the Canucks are getting their asses handed to them as we speak, 5-1 for the Wild.

Richard Dawkins

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

Tough game. We'll get em back on Wednesday. No question in my mind.

Dallas might pull it out tonight and force a game 7. Thats good news.

Congrats to the Sens. That franchise stepped up to the plate tonight...finally.

--Wordsworth

Sens and the Canucks in the finals..... that would be too sweet.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

The Ducks are up 3-2. Uh oh.

Richard Dawkins

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

Originally posted by Mystic Eric

Ducks over Stars 4-2
    Hey Eric, congrats. Thats an absolutely AMAZING call.

--Wordsworth

Mystic Eric

Hey Eric, congrats. Thats an absolutely AMAZING call.
    What about my Sens call as well? I'll also end up being right about the Canucks series as well