The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Originally posted by Mystic Eric

What about my Sens call as well? I'll also end up being right about the Canucks series as well
    I called that as well along with the NJ series and the Nucks if they win game 6. Don't get too cocky punk

Ducks in 6 was unreal though, hell, ducks even winning, nobody considered.
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

Lol

TSN is re-playing game 7 between Calgary and Vancouver from the 1994 western conference quarter final as we speak.

You can notice a huge difference in play comparing that playoff game to playoff games played today.

Lol, the goalies look so funny with their small gear.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Banned

What about my Sens call as well? I'll also end up being right about the Canucks series as well
    No you won't...that would require the Canucks to win tomorrow...not gonna happen.

On a brighter note, AMAZING game yesterday. I must have been the only one in the whole building cheering for the Wild. I can't even begin to explain the pleasure I receive from looking around at all the bitter, disgusted Canucks fans that wonder why they threw $100 down the drain on tickets to such a stinker of a game. I also loved how everyone there was blaming the refs for the loss. Sorry guys, maybe if you lost by 1 or 2, but when you lose by 5 goals, you have bigger problems than the refs to worry about .

Blah, blah, blah. Hopefully the Canucks shut yo mouth tommorow night
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Tomorrow...
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

Banned
    12 goals allowed in 2 games...against a defensive team no less. LMAO!!! I hear Crawford and the boys are teeing off at Northview early Saturday morning. That might be speculation though...it could be Morgan Creek .

Originally posted by Vido
    12 goals allowed in 2 games...against a defensive team no less. LMAO!!! I hear Crawford and the boys are teeing off at Northview early Saturday morning. That might be speculation though...it could be Morgan Creek .
    What's Iginla's handicap these days?

--Wordsworth

Originally posted by orbital

I'm not sure, but it must be pretty good considering all the practice time he has every year.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

I learned today that Arena Football League games are drawing better ratings than the NHL.

Not good for a league w/ some players making 8 mill a year.

Time for a salary cap, and rules changes.......

......oh wait, I already said that.........

Holy jeez, talk about a come back. Looks like the Wild are going to the conference finals. First team in history to come back from two 3-1 deficits.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

Well, theres always next year. The Wild just never give up and they really played their hearts out.

Oh man...
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Mystic Eric
    **** I'm snapping. Look at those ****ing Canuck band wagon hoppers. Most cities with real fans stay t'ill the very end and cheer on their team for a great season even though the team is gonna lose the series. But the friggin Canuck band wagon hoppers left with like 30 seconds left. The place was ****ing empty. Just so disgusting.

As well, there is no way a team should give up a 3-1 lead and then give up a 2-0 lead in game 7 with home ice advantage. ****!!!!!!!!

I am stunned. Good season by the Canucks. Nothing for us fans to hang our heads about. It is bitterly disappointing but there is always next year...

--Wordsworth

I thought that as a leaf fan I'd have no more interest in these playoffs, but the more I watch the Wild the more I am getting back into the playoffs.

I've been rooting for them in the canuck series, and they truly are a team that deserves a hell of a lot of respect. People keep saying that all the clutching and grabbing gives inferior teams a means to equalize against more skilled teams. Clearly this isn't the case in the series that just ended. Watching the games, vancouver is the team that is doing the majority of clutching and grabbing, and setting rediculous picks and running so much interference, despite them having two of the top scorers in the league. So much for skill. It isn't the rink, it isn't the rules, it isn't that minnesota is fluking wins. It's simply the fact that hockey is a team sport, and no matter how many superstars you have (please look at the rangers) if you can't play as a team, you will go nowhere. And to add to that, if you take a bunch of throw away players, and add in a few pretty decent skaters, and they gel and play superbly as a team, and believe in their gameplan, the whole is significantly greater than the sum of their parts.

The wild simply play their style of hockey, they never seem to panic, and just keep on coming no matter what, and regardless of the score they seem to play levelheaded, and don't let their emotions get the best of them.

Down 3-1 to Colorado? They come back. That is unheard of. Same thing in vancouver, especially with the emotional baggage of blowing a game that they had in the bag with one second left.

This team is keeping me interested in hockey, because it's just a buncha blue collar guys, that work hard, play their roles to perfection and play hockey pure and simple. They don't have any size whatsoever, and are simply winning with speed and determination. So perhaps this will start a new era in hockey, of abandoning the huge heavy hitting lineups that the flyers popularized, and show a return to more speed/skilled lineups. It's kinda funny that most guys 180lbs or less are handicapped in the draft because they are too small. 200lbs used to be huge in the NHL less than 10 years ago.

Anyway, this has becoming a diatribe, and i forget my point, so that's all for now.

Minnesota vs anaheim, man who woulda thunk it. I wonder how many millions coulda been made with those odds in vegas.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Go Wild!!!! I called all three of the Canucks losses. Now, if I only had placed some bets.........

The Canucks as usual showed that they are a inconsistant team. They need to work on that. They just can not show up when it counts. That is why I have never been a fan of the team.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

**** I'm snapping. Look at those ****ing Canuck band wagon hoppers. Most cities with real fans stay t'ill the very end and cheer on their team for a great season even though the team is gonna lose the series. But the friggin Canuck band wagon hoppers left with like 30 seconds left. The place was ****ing empty. Just so disgusting.

As well, there is no way a team should give up a 3-1 lead and then give up a 2-0 lead in game 7 with home ice advantage. ****!!!!!!!!
    Exactly, I can't believe fans didn't stick around to give the nucks at least some sort of an ovation for an otherwise great season.

Richard Dawkins

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

Mystic Eric
    Originally posted by Maki Riddington
    Go Wild!!!! I called all three of the Canucks losses. Now, if I only had placed some bets.........

The Canucks as usual showed that they are a inconsistant team. They need to work on that. They just can not show up when it counts. That is why I have never been a fan of the team.
    Oh my god. You're such a band wagon loser! A few days ago, you wrote in your journal that you were watching the hockey game and said "GO CANUCKS GO!" tuttut

Fat pete is right though. The Wild play an awesome team game. I think a lot of it has to do with Jaques Lemaire and his system though. They are so well disciplined and rarely ever miss on good opporunities. They are very patient and move the puck extremely well to get a good scoring chance. Although, I still hate them.

Losing in the second round in game 7 really sucks. I guess its farther than 25 other teams in this league made it this year but that doesn't give me much comfort. The bitterness of this one will take awhile to get over.

GO SENS!!

DEATH TO THE WILD!!

--Wordsworth

GO SENS!!

DEATH TO THE WILD!!
    :withstupi
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Banned

He's got to be close to a scratch by now

Guy, you didn't even watch the game! How can you, of all people, criticize the fans? I'm not even a fan of EITHER team and I postponed my workout a day so I could see it. I can't see how an "actual" Canucks fan couldn't do the same.

In reference to the second part of your post, you are making the same mistake that all disgruntled Canucks fans have in analyzing the series. The Canucks DID NOT deserve to be up 3-1...PERIOD. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a less commanding 3-1 lead in my life, so it really shouldn't have been as big a surprise as it was to most. I think what SHOULD be hard for Canucks fans to swallow is the way their team went out. Two absolutely feeble efforts in games 5 and 6, and then a "decent" effort in game 7 just doesn't cut it.

ElP...great post.

Now just a couple of my own thoughts:

1. I don't think you can blame Cloutier for the fact that the Canucks are hitting the links this weekend, but he certainly didn't help at all. I've been saying it all year and I will continue to do so...the Canucks will NEVER win a cup with Cloutier as the goalie. Burke has to bite the bullet and realize this, or it's going to be a very frustrating few years coming up here. The Canucks are improving each year and are turning into a Cup contender, but they'll just be pretenders as long as Cloutier is backstopping them.

2. Just thought I'd point out that 2 former Flames goalies are going to be squaring off in the Western Conference finals (Giguere and Roloson).

3. And finally....WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mystic Eric
    STFU Vido! I did watch the game!

Speaking of games though, this Ducks vs. Wild game is friggin awesome. I hope it keeps going.

A shot on goal! The Wild just got a shot on goal! This is amazing hockey! I don't want to jump the gun here but I am starting to believe that somebody might even score a goal in this hockey game!

Spoke to soon, back to the neutral zone...

--Wordsworth

Mystic Eric
    LOL game's over.

Sykora just scored a beauty.

Those damn ducks are gonna win the cup, and just to think they finished 13th in the conference last year.

Richard Dawkins

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

Originally posted by Manveet
    Those damn ducks are gonna win the cup, and just to think they finished 13th in the conference last year.

Don't think so buddy boy. Neither NJ or Ottawa will roll over for the Mighty Ducks. I think either team could take the Ducks.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.