Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official WBB NHL playoff thread:

Hybrid View

Mystic Eric

The Official WBB NHL playoff thread:

So, the playoffs have been friggin great so far. What are your picks?

The sens are looking great right now after that loss and I'll see how the Canucks play tonight after that humiliating loss the other night.

Wannabebig Member
    If the Flyers keep playing like they did last night they will be hard to beat....I hope

Lets go Wings!!!!!!!

damn old bastards dropped two already to those Ducks.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Totally, dude!
    GO ANY TEAM THAT ISN'T CANADIAN! WOOOO!

LEZ GO TAMPA BAY....

a man can hope and dream, worked for my bucs!
    "Don't take life too serious, you'll never get out alive."-Van Wilder

Lets go WINGS!
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Originally posted by Pup
    Lets go WINGS!
    I like Wings.

What's NHL?
    AIM: RyanNSIT
    MSN: rlambert@netsourceit.com

sharks arent in it so i dont care
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Originally posted by Pup
    Lets go WINGS!

Pup, they're killing me. Down two, against a hot goaltender. Let's hope they can get it turned around quickly...........
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Jack Burton - Owner of the Pork Chop Express

If need be...i will send in the killer ninja attack ferrets.
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

that might just be necessary the way it's going so far........
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Jack Burton - Owner of the Pork Chop Express

Detroit Rock City

Originally posted by Pup
    Lets go WINGS!
    :withstupi they have been my team for the longest time and I would like to see them with the cup. Either that or a canadian team other than toronto.

Originally posted by AJ_11
    :withstupi they have been my team for the longest time and I would like to see them with the cup. Either that or a canadian team other than toronto.
    They won the cup last year. They won it in both '97 and '98 as well if I remember right

The Deadwings, knocked off my Nucks last year on the road to their pre-ordered and paid for Stanley Cup. For that they must pay. I could say go Anaheim but they don't seem to need my help in setting up the tee times for the Wings in round two.

Go Canucks! and Go any other Canadian team, pfft...even Toronto
    Last edited by orbital; 04-13-2003 at 08:24 PM.
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    ToRonto is going to make your haters suck it down. They are going to toss the sens out like the trash they are. Just like the last 2 years. Barring Toronto losing any canadian team is good. BRING THE CUP HOME GUYS!
    w00t

Banned
    Originally posted by GonePostal
    ToRonto is going to make your haters suck it down. They are going to toss the sens out like the trash they are. Just like the last 2 years. Barring Toronto losing any canadian team is good. BRING THE CUP HOME GUYS!
    How are they going to get to play the Senators when the Flyers are completely dominating the series?

Well, seeing as my Flames haven't made the playoffs since the Canucks knocked them out (on a FRIGGING TWO-LINE PASS) back in '94, I gotta say... GO PHILLY!!!!

Banned
    Oh, and for the record, at least for the first round...GO BLUES!!!

Vido, I agree with that ****en two line pass. I have Bure's goal on tape from one of the "Don Cherry Rockem Sockem series" It looked like a two line pass to me.

"Nucks last year on the road to their pre-ordered and paid for Stanley Cup"

I hate it when people try to argue this point with the Wings. I agree they have a big payroll compared to alot of NHL teams. But that does not mean they will be any good, look at the NY Rangers. The Wings are a team full of veterans who know what it takes to win.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Originally posted by orbital

They won the cup last year. They won it in both '97 and '98 as well if I remember right

The Deadwings, knocked off my Nucks last year on the road to their pre-ordered and paid for Stanley Cup. For that they must pay. I could say go Anaheim but they don't seem to need my help in setting up the tee times for the Wings in round two.

Go Canucks! and Go any other Canadian team, pfft...even Toronto
    I know that they won, those years. It's just that they are catching up to toronto with the number of cups won so another year with the cup in their hands will make them that much closer.

It's not that that I dislike toronto, i think that they are a descent team and the fact that they are canadian is great. It's just the fans that bother me. Well some of them anyways, the won that are soooooo jealous of Detroit.

Go Toronto go!
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Go Leafs Go!

Except, if they play like they did on Friday, it'll be over for them very soon.

Toronto is one of the best home teams. Friday's game was pretty damned disgusting though. 2 of the 4 goals can be directly faulted to Housley making rookie mistakes. I hate when veterans play like punks. We already have the two f@ggots out there in aki berg and jerky lumme. They should name that defense tandem, the "not-so-ambiguously gay duo." I think I can play D better than either of those retards. Aki cost us a trip to the finals last year, worst pick up in Leaf history.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

EP, thank God you are not bitter

I am all for the Leafs, even though there seems to be a Leafs hating trend spreading...but, the first game we won by fluke and the second....we all know it.
    So far the Leafs brought nothing to the table, let's hope they snap out of it tonight!

Wannabebig Member
    See that shiner Dummy is sporting from Brasheer

And the Leafs kick some Philly ass!

The only reason you don't see Brasheer's shiners is cause he's black
    Go Leafs Go