The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: shoulder pain!

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

shoulder pain!

a few days ago i felt some sharp pain in my right shoulder after doing 40+ dips. there was slight pain all throughout the day and i rested my shoulder for a couple days. yesterday i hit the bench and i noticed some slight pain in my shoulder again and i was only able to do about 2-3 dips before i hit a threshold of pain or feared injuring my shoulder again. should i take a week off from training to let my shoulder rest? any ideas guys?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

take a week off, but honestly it sounds like something a bit more serious than rest. start with the week off of doing anything shoulders. then after the week if it still hurts definately go get it checked out by a doc.

had any numbness or tingling in your arm or hand since the injury??
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Back in the game
    you could of damaged your rotory cuff, i did that whilst doing dips 2 week ago, you should see your doc asap- do you have full rom on your shoulder.
    Lordy,Lordy.
    Wont mind hanging out the back of that- Paddy.

There is a miracle supplement its called 110%
    Hardwork that is..........- Peter Parker

Your workouts are only limited cos of your imagination- Peter Parker

No movie makes me Question my own sexuality quite like this one - Gyno Rhino

Wannabebig Member
    i don't experience any numbess or tingling and right now i have full ROM. but when i start to hit anything that involves the shoulder there is that slight sharp pain. but if it persists after a week of rest i'll get it checked by the doctor. thanks guys!

Back in the game
    if u damaged your cuff, a week rest wont dont it, get checked out sooner rather than later.
    also just sling your arm/shoulder up in a sling whilst your resting.
    Last edited by PeterParker; 04-14-2003 at 01:55 PM.
    Lordy,Lordy.

Dont mess around with a shoulder injury bro, thats how mine started out and 4 months later im only just recovering, try not to train for at least a week and assess the situation, if there is still the twinge then get it checked out.

On a side note it might be a good idea to apply ice everday for 30 mins or so.

hope this helps

B-R
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

what might help, as my therapist suggests, a good idea for all of us, but not many people do it im sure, is to warm up your shoulder and do alot of rotator exercises. stand at a cable pully and if you can, adjust it to waist level, then keep your elbow at your side and pull the weight(low weight) from across your body to pointing outward. if that made any sense, its a good warm up exercise.

if im not mistaken, rest will heal a tear in the rotator cuff, i have a slight tear in my left shoulder, but dont experience pain anymore, and has healed itself from how bad it used to be.
    Last edited by MrWebb78; 04-14-2003 at 02:16 PM.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Back in the game
    wantnana-can you support any weight on your shoulder.

mr webb- u back to full body training after 4 months or is there any exercises you cant do .
    Lordy,Lordy.

i never let it interupt my training, i didnt know there was a tear until recently(mri), but i do recall the pain of the initial incident.

maybe mine wasnt so bad that i needed to rest it, but im told that it will heal itself.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

MrWebb, didn't recognize you there, new pic I see. Yes, doing that cable exercise for the cuffs really is good. My friend damaged his a while back, and now he always does those and has no problems. I probably should do them too, but have yet to get started with them.
    Last edited by Oak_strikeback; 04-14-2003 at 03:44 PM.
    Can't stop this train from rolling
    You can't take it down
    No, never stop this locomotion, on and on and on
    No, you can't bring me down 'cause I'm

Better than you

i know, i rarely do them, i just know we all should, before shoulder and chest day.

yeah i got tired of having a buff dude in my avatar, thought id go with something a little more offensive.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

so that wasn't you?....
    Can't stop this train from rolling
    You can't take it down
    No, never stop this locomotion, on and on and on
    No, you can't bring me down 'cause I'm

Better than you

lol no it was my stunt double....Triple H

6'2"
    273 lbs.

It's a bitch. I injured my shoulder about a year ago on shoulder presses and I can still feel twinges from time to time.

Take it really easy, shoulder injuries tend to stay around for a while.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

Sounds like Impingment syndrome to me. Just a fancy word for am inflamation of the rotator cuff muscles.

You should check with your DR though and make sure it's nothing serious.

You might want to give the Shoulder Horn a try. It strengthens your rotator cuff muscles and helped me get rid of shoulder pain.

Originally posted by Westy04
    Sounds like Impingment syndrome to me. Just a fancy word for am inflamation of the rotator cuff muscles.

You should check with your DR though and make sure it's nothing serious.

You might want to give the Shoulder Horn a try. It strengthens your rotator cuff muscles and helped me get rid of shoulder pain.
    What exactly is the Shoulder Horn?

Check it out at shoulderhorn.com. It's real funny looking. You put this thing over your shoulders and than you do rotator cuff exercises with light db's. It actually helps your bench too, if you care about that. I have no affiliation with the product, but I have used it in the past.

Wannabebig Member
    i can support weight on my shoulders but there is a twinging/sharp pain. i feel it most on the bench press, shouder presses and dips. in addition i think i may have injured my elbow also as there was a sharp pain from my elbow extending to half way up my tricep. all this pretty much happened after i had an extended session doing dips (50+). i have full ROM without pain but i know the moment i start putting weight on there, i'll feel the pain.

i think my overtraining finally caught up to me....