Thread: How Does Yoga Affect Overtraing/recovery???

Wannabebig Member

How Does Yoga Affect Overtraing/recovery???

Hey guys I currently use an HIT workout on Mondays and Thursdays. I also do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I want to add some Yoga into my training because it is supposed to be a great workout for Jiu Jitsu. Obviously I try to make sure I am not overtraining so I am wondering how adding Yoga into my schedule will affect my recovery?

Its not like you are pumping iron or anything but it is still exercise. Do you guys think this will affect my recovery at all? What should I do?

yoga is a great workout, i donít think it would cause you to overtrain, the stretching part will probley be beneficial to you. Maybe you could do the yoga after your Jiu Jitsu and use it as a cool down or something. Just some ideas
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    You'd probably be better off just doing more BJJ, I mean 10 minutes or so will be beneficial.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Of the driver ilk
    It could actually speed up recovery.
    "42"

Wannabebig Member
    I was doing some yoga before I started training for a show. I felt it helped with recovery for sure. You release tension built up. Being stressed physically or mentally hinders recover and it has been document. You become less prone to injuries because of the flexibility you build from stretching ligaments and muscles. Also your muscle belly will start looking longer and fuller because of the stretching. So if you have the time I think it's worth it. I just haven't lately because of work, cooking, eating, 2 cardio session and training.

There is a new article on yoga on b.b..com