Thread: Diet Suggestion time from you pro's

Diet Suggestion time from you pro's

Ok here's the deal:

I'm currently 6'1 and as of this morning 285 llbs. I had my BF checked at the gym with the gadget you hold onto about two months ago and was roughly 26% BF... I'm probably a bit lower since then.

Goal: I'm going before the oral review board for the sheriff's office in about a month and want to drop as much weight as possible in that time frame. Like everyone I want minimal muscle and strength loss, but I am willing to sacrafice some in the short-term.

Here's what my current routine and diet looks like in a very rough sort of way. I don't follow a strict regiment right now which I am willing to change after taking in some advice.

DIET:
    Breakfast: anything quick from a muffin to a granola bar to something left over from last night. Very small, usually eat it in about 15 seconds on the way out the door.

Lunch: brought from home sandwich or leftover dinner or microwaveable dinner.

Dinner: usually high protein of some sort and minimal carbs. Like a salad and steaks or chicken stir-fry etc.

Weekends are where I usually screw up with some beer or pizza etc. I'm gonna change that for this month at the least, maybe more if I get some good results.

WORKOUT:
    Monday: 20 minutes on the stationary bike at about 300 watt output. Chest/Triceps about 1-1.5 hours total workout time.

Tuesday off

Wednesday: Biceps/Back about 15 minutes on the bike. Usually done in an hour.

Thursday and Friday off

Saturday: Legs and shoulders 15-20 minutes on the bike.. squats, a few stiff legged deads, lots of rotator cuff work etc. about 2 hours in the gym.

Sunday off

I'm thinking up the cardio and maybe goto a true CKD or TKD. What you guys think?

Re: Diet Suggestion time from you pro's

i've got pretty much the same dillemma and i'll relay to you what everyone's said to me...

Originally posted by Fenbay

Here's what my current routine and diet looks like in a very rough sort of way. I don't follow a strict regiment right now which I am willing to change after taking in some advice.

DIET:
    Breakfast: anything quick from a muffin to a granola bar to something left over from last night. Very small, usually eat it in about 15 seconds on the way out the door.

Lunch: brought from home sandwich or leftover dinner or microwaveable dinner.

Dinner: usually high protein of some sort and minimal carbs. Like a salad and steaks or chicken stir-fry etc.

Weekends are where I usually screw up with some beer or pizza etc. I'm gonna change that for this month at the least, maybe more if I get some good results.

basically, fix what you're eating and maybe up the cardio on tuesday/thursday. instead of 3 decent meals, eat 6 clean ones (no leftover pizza for breakfast, or even pizza at all for that matter). go for more whole foods and balance your carbs/protein/healthy fats. read a bunch of the past threads on the board and i'm sure you can pick up some solid advice from the pros, i'm sure they can give you far more diet information than i can (i'm new to this myself).

i don't know how much weight you can expect to lose in a month but i'm sure that after a couple weeks of this you won't want to stop with this "sacrifice"... you really will start to feel noticably better, have more energy, etc etc

good luck!

eat at least 6 meals a day.

dont neglect breakfast, wake up earlier if you need more time.

make most of your calories from protein(to minimalize muscle loss)

accept that you will lose some strength, most people on a cut lose strength.

keep your workouts about 1 hour, dont go much higher than 60 minutes.

sample meals might be: lean meat, or egg whites(protein), oats, sweet potatoes, fruits n veggies(healthy carbs), get plenty of fiber and healthy fats
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Ya, breakfast is the most important meal. Breakfast is when you should take in most of your carbs.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

What kinda macro break-down would you suggest considering my goals.

Originally posted by Ironman8
    Ya, breakfast is the most important meal. Breakfast is when you should take in most of your carbs.
    i completely disagree about the carbs here - as i eat basically no carbs until my 2nd meal of the day and have no problems at all with energy, alertness etc etc etc.
    personally - i have developed the opinion that post w/o nutrition is THE most important meal with breakfast 2nd.

as to your diet - first, you probably aren't eating enough cals during the 3 haphazard meals, thereby shutting off your metabolism and its ability to burn fat. as many have suggested - move to 5-6 clean meals a day. you need better food sources and you need to include your healthy fats as i have found thru myself and thru others i help that the addition of the healthy fats (esp when they have been absent for some time) will kickstart your metabolism.
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~