The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Working out on the road

I might be taking a job that requires some travel. I would like to hear some people expereinces.

Last year I spent 3 weeks on the road, luckly the motel had a decent gym, they sold memberships the public. At the other motels I stayed at I remember seeing cardio machines. In the past I normally just took the week off. But If I am going to traveling on a regular basis, need to think about my options.
    So has anyone had good luck with motels having useable gyms? Can you purchase gym memberships by the day?

Also I might just consider doing working out on the weekends before I leave and when I come back. Do a whole body work out in 2 days, then have all week to rest, anybody else do this?Though usually got lots to get ready before and lots to make up for when I get home,a s far as things that need to be done around the house.
    Thanks for advice. Its not going to change my mind about the job, whey isn't free, but might make things easier.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

MACHINE
    I travel a lot. Here's what I do.

1) use hotel gyms when possible
    2) if the hotel gym sucks, I'll find a decent local one - my golds gym provides me with a travel pass so I can use other branches around the country for free
    3) if it's a short trip(2-3 days), I may work out extra for a couple days leading up to it, and take the travel days off. combine a couple workouts to cover my entire body in a couple days.

What route I take depends on the itinerary
    1) how long the trip is
    2) my daily committments on the trip - evenings free?
    3) designation - will there likely be a golds there?
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

I workout at home, so don't think the memembership will work. Something to keep in mind, if the areas I travel have the same gym.
    What about daily passes? I know the university gym I used to go to did that. Do the bigger places?
    I figure if nothing else, my places have pool, could atleast swim. Thugh I am not a good swimmer. Could tie suitcases around my neck for a progressive load.

MACHINE
    You can get day passes anywhere, but they'll probably run around $10. Occasionally, if your hotel doesn't have a gym, they'll be affiliated with a local one so you can get a day pass comped
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

><))))))*>
    The only thing I can suggest is being careful about some gym's drop in rates, some are pricey. Thats if you go.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel." - Homer Simpson

Well I'd probably being willing to pay $10 a night. Probably $20 a week. Won't break me. Plus the biggest problem about being on the road is stuff to do. You end up eating and drinking, save $20 on my bar bill.

lol, looks like you may improve your push-up ability!

Seriously, most of the hotel gyms I have been to have a pathetic selection of machines. Most are just a bunch of gay cardio machines. Looking into local gyms seems promising.