The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It's before or after...whichever you prefer.

You will get kicked outta ketosis for a bit, but it's less then on a CKD where you are out for 2 days of the carb load and not fully in till about 2 days after.
    Last edited by Cackerot69; 08-16-2001 at 10:40 AM.

On thursday I was overactive, played football for 3 hours which involved sprinting, hence anaerobic activity...in keto = bad. I also went swimming for a while during the day...on top of this I didn't eat all of meals. I also took 3 caps dymetadrine to keep me up and various other caffine containing drinks, green tea, diet coke, etc...

Anyway, because of this (I assume) I felt like total shit this morning and I basically slept all day until 6pm...then I puked like 3 times...yummy. Finally I was able to choke down some food, I decided on carbs as they would be easier on my stomach so I'm kicked outta ketosis for a bit. Currently I feel ok, just fatigued. Training will be monday, wednesday and friday with 25-50g of carbs (not fructose) an hour and a half beforehand. Will be a basic push/pull/legs split, with the same exercises and reps.

Planning on ending this diet after next week to go into a isocaloric diet alternating carb and fat meals to keep insulin in check and fat gain to a minimum, in theory anyhow...thus I'm testing it.

Weight is 165lbs pre-carb load

Innacurate bf% = 6.8%

I don't look that lean though, prolly 8%.

So, after next week I should hit my goal of 6% on the calipers and be plenty lean enough to bulk without getting too fat like last time.

That it.
    Last edited by Cackerot69; 08-17-2001 at 10:52 PM.

Well no more carb loads

Workouts will be 3x a week with 25-50g of carbs beforehand, the TKD should work a lot better than the CKD so we'll see. I may go for the whole 4 weeks meaning 2 more weeks of this, just to give some room for fat re-gain. When I go back to bulking things will be much different, I will also be prioritizing back/arms.

Other than me eating a few carbs the other day because of being sick, I've been 100% consistent for the entire time on this diet...lost no strength and no visible muscle loss and according to the calipers too.

Well, I'm not going to update this as much because I'm beginning to repeat myself, so unless something abnormal or important happens I won't be updating, expect 2-3 a week.

That it.

Originally posted by Tryska
    okay so...blacky tells you to supplement with potassium and you believe him....and i tell you to supplement with potassium, and explain why, and i'm crazy?

that's sexism gooey.

btw...you stink something awful, keto-breath.
    I hadn't noticed it.
    I told him to take extra potassium in the carb-up days to avoid high water retention.I m'not crazy to tell him go and take potassium while you're in ketosis!(and dehydrated).

Well getting any lower in bodyfat is a fookin bitch. Cals are down to 1900 with 120 protein and 160 fat, ECA up to 3x a day training is full body once a week with 50g carbs beforehand....so I have a ton of time in ketosis.

I'm going for 2 more weeks...then I'm done with cutting.

coo, can't wait to see your pics at the end of your cutting cycle
    "Damn, I'm looking good" -Duke Nukem
    "I look cool dude" -Pig From the Sky

Cack I have a question for you, my friend is doing a ckd diet right now and is experiencing problems like upset stomach, vomating, and lack of energy

I checked her diet and it seems ok she's tacking 2 times multivitamin and some xenadrine.

Could it be he needs potassium?

Also important point this person

1. never trained
    2. is a girl
    3.obviously trying to lose weight
    4. weighs 120lbs

I added in cardio, 3-4x a week. Other than that everything is the same.

majsi98, what are her keto ratio's? Is she supplementing with fiber? How about calcium/magnesium? Any anti-oxidents? drinking enough water? These things are very important on a keto diet.

Is she very highly active? If so, I wouldn't do a keto diet....

Get her to train, she will enjoy the carb load, too.

She weighs 120lbs and needs to lose fat? Definately get her to train.

no she s actualy just taking multivitamins and xenadrine, today started supplementing with some potassium and a combination of some sodium called electro something not sure about it ....

However she is strictly on zero carbs not even some green veg i think she must add them what do you thinks

Thanks a lot cack

Wait a minute, I need to jump in here--

I'm assuming this girl is a teenager? She doesn't need to be doing any kind of ketogenic diet if she doesn't train, is a teenager, and WEIGHS 120 POUNDS.

I can't make that clear enough-- I don't even like ketogenic diets for trained bodybuilders. But for a teenage girl at 120 lbs, its out of the question.

If she wants to lose "weight" so much, she needs to get in the gym, not do some crazy fad diet.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Yes power she started training this very week. I ve never been on a ckd diet so I actually don't know much about it. Yes she is a teenager btw.

Thanks a lot

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    If she has no training history, weights or cardio, then she is better off just eating healthier and upping her activity before getting into drastic diets and xenadrine!

Not to be mean, but this sounds like typical female "I wanna lose weight FAST" behavior. It is not healthy and not a long term solution, especially if she really is at a healthy weight (like 120 lbs) and doesn't need to lose.

If she's a teenager, her body is still growing and changing...not the time to mess with your metabolism. Be careful...

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

I'm a teenager. I'm still alive. I'm still growing.

Anyhow, keto weakens the immune system quite a bit. I went out to get my mail this morning and ended up sick. Not really, but after adding cardio I feel like total ****. I started with 10 minutes, then 10 minutes with higher intensity, now 15 minutes this morning, 15 again tomorrow, then 20 and so on. I'm doing interval training which I shouldn't be doing in ketosis, but oh well.

Look a lot leaner this morning, tanning helps a lot. I'm a stimulant junky now though, only temporarily. No more trouble sleeping though, must have just been....hell I dunno.

Energy levels = ace.

Weight, not yet....gonna weigh myself and take bodyfat % Friday.

I figure 2 more weeks of this, depending. I also never got ANY of the negative effects of ketosis, keto breath, low energy levels, hard time concetrating, etc etc...so that's quite ace.

if you tense your abs can you feel bumps?
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

God forgot my abs...

I felt all energized and hyper today for some reason, so I ate some twizzlers and trained upper body (legs were still sore). Had a great workout, everything progressed and just felt extremely strong (albiet in reality I'm weak)....one of the best workouts I've had in a long time. Cravings from hell earlier today but I didn;t give in. I'm gonna be on this mofo for 5 more week because Sinep, Chicken Daddy and I are going to have a mini BB contest in 5 weeks....for fun (read: bragging rights ). I'm trying to get Latty to join but he's too pussy, haha.

I've noticed that taking creatine prevents my muscles from becoming flat during ketosis. I loaded creatine during the first carb load and am maintaning every day with 2g.

Weight - 162lbs, ack!
    Innaccurate Bodyfat% - 5.9%

Bigger fewl
    Cack? At 6%? BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow!

Carpe diem

Milk.... it does the body good.

Yes, that's extremely funny.....

Well, I think I'm holding a bit of water cuz I was eating like 6000mg sodium, so I decided to drop a lot.....

New diet...

Meal 1 - 9:00am

4oz ground beef
    1tbs olive oil
    1 cap dymetadrine
    1 cup green tea
    multivitamin, cal/mag, 10g glutamine, 3g creatine

Meal 2 - 12:00pm

4oz chicken
    2 tbs olive oil
    1 cup green tea

Meal 3 - 3:00pm

6oz steak
    1 cap dymetadrine
    1 cup green tea

Meal 4 - 6:00pm

4oz chicken
    2 tbs olive oil

Meal 5 - 9:00pm

4oz ground beef
    1 tbs olive oil
    1 cap dymetadrine
    1 multivitamin, 1 cal/mag, 10g glutamine

'Bout 2000 cals, 120 protein and 160 fat.

Meal timing isn't exact...cuz I don't have a set sleep/wake schedule.

Cardio wears me the fook out, but my cardiovascular shape is improving extremely fast...so that's ace.

Gonna be tweaking this thing a bit in the coming weeks....
    Last edited by Cackerot69; 08-26-2001 at 09:18 PM.

OK lately I've felt like total ****, especially in the morning. I'm thinking it's probably just because I'm very low bodyfat, and this isn;t a very good state to be in....but I look ace, haha. I'm just about ready to end this thing because I'm quite sick of cutting and eager to start bulking again. I got a little bit more bodyfat to lose still before I'm in contest shape, which shouldn't take too long and I'll prolly get there before the 5 week mark when me, sinep and chicken daddy are posting so I'll just take pics early and be done with it.

I've been consistent straight through except for when I was sick that day. So, diet was on, water on, and I slept 10 hours last night. Gonna train tomorrow and Friday. I liked the CKD a lot better, may go back to it.

Besides the fact that I ate a little too much lobster, cuz I couldn't resist everything was perfect. The lobster goes fine with keto anyway, though I think I ate a little too much protein and not enough fat. I did about 30 minutes of cardio today helping my poor old grandma move, haha. Cals are staying at 1900-2000, and school starts Wednesday but I;'m not sure whether or not I'm going. Really no big deal, just do what I want anyway, and I joined this nutrition class, muahahah.

Training was scheduled for today but since I had to help old grandma move I rescheduled for tomorrow. These stimulants make me sweat like a mofo whenever I try to do something.

Weight: Take it tomorrow morning, still got some lobster in me

I do look leaner, though.

Forgot to take weight this morning, do it tomorrow if I remember. I ate 40g of carbs (mmm, twizzlers) half an hour before a workout with an ECA and green tea in me, trained for about an hour and 15 minutes and i fookin stubbed my toe and my foot kept cramping but I got through my workout ok. Nothing really progressed enough to note, upped DB presses by 5lbs but it was no PR, I don't think I ate enough carbs. Diet is perfect, water is on, and I got all my supps in.

Weight and bf% tomorrow.
    Last edited by Cackerot69; 08-29-2001 at 08:24 PM.

Wieight - 159lbs
    Bf% - Well the calipers said 4.9%, LOL...I'm actually now about 6%.

Weight is dropping a little too quickly for my liking, so I'm upping the cals a bit, back to 2100.

That's all.

Going back to a CKD, seem to be losing too much weight (muscle?) with a TKD and it's a fookin bitch to stick to, so back to CKD. Lyle has been going on about ketosis not being protein sparing at all, just the cyclical aspect of it, the carb loads re-build any lost muscle mass and prevent thyroid/metabolism downregulation. I dunno if I completely agree with that, but it's plausible and seems to be quite accurate as far as TKD VS CKD.

Can't wait to bulk dammit. Gonna deplete myself and carb load tomorrow, so that'll be ace.

Carb load was pretty ace, but I fucked it up somewhat for playing football for 3 hours, tried to make it up and todays workout went fine so I'm good. Trained upper body today and did 15 minutes interval training. Lower body tomorrow (if it's not still sore, right now I'm pretty sore from playing football yesterday), cals are down to 1700, with 125 protein and 135 fat, 2 more weeks and I'm done, so I won't be as lean for that little comp thingy...fook it I wanna bulk.

Weight - 162lbs, WTF?
    Innaccurate Bodyfat% - 4.6%

Anavar eating mofo
    so I won't be as lean for that little comp thingy...
    Muahahahaha!........Prepare to face defeat!

*Looks at lightweight trophy with Proteen's name on it*