The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

mixta's workout journal

Workouts are based on the WBB 2 program with a few changes here and there. While I will be trying hard to stick to the routine some workouts will be different due to the gym being crowded, time I have left for the workout etc.
    Last edited by mixta; 04-23-2003 at 05:19 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

good luck with the journal bro.

what are some of your goals?
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Tuesday 22nd April

Back, Biceps

Chins ( Chin up Machine,Wide grip )

1*12 @ -45kg
    1*12 @ -45kg

Unassisted Chins (Wide Grip)

1*3 @ BW (225lbs)
    1*3 @ BW

One Arm DB Rows

1*12 @ 80lbs
    1*12 @ 80
    1* 5 @ 95

There is no 85 or 90 lbs DB in our gym which is why the weight jumped up 15lbs.

Seated cable Rows

1*12 @ 200lbs
    1* 8 @ 200

Deadlifts

1*8 @ 30kgs
    1*8 @ 40kgs (88lbs)

This is the 3rd time ever ive tried these,so im pretty happy with the progress and i like them a lot, deadlifts get a few strange looks happening here as not many do this exercise.

DB Shrugs

1*12@ 80 lbs (on each arm, total 160lbs)
    1*12@ 80

Cable curls

1*12 @ 60lbs
    1*11 @ 60

Ghetto Smurf

Thanks for stopping by. Im mainly after hypertrohy and a bit of endurance, im not really looking to get bigger, but just eat cleaner than I have in the past. Soon I will be posting my diet up and I will see how I go with that.

Best of luck to you Mixta

The Tuna Tempter
    Hey Mixta,
    I just realised you started a new journal. Have you still been training these last few months?

Good luck with it all dude.

-Tank
    Life's too short to be small

Are you sticking with same routine you had? Glad to see you posting things up again. Get that diet up man.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nice to see you back on the boards Mixta. Good luck with the training

Bradley -Thanks heaps!

HomeYield - Ill be sticking to pretty much the same routine for the time being, Im going to look into a HST routine and see if I can come up with one but really Id like to try and get a better diet happening, id like to eat cleaner but not at the expense of strength.

Tank23 - Ive been training a bit in the past month or so but I had extra work on, doing heaps of overtime, which was why I couldnt update my journal. Thanks for stopping by!

CoCoa - Thanks and thanks for stopping by!

Saturday 26th April

Training: Not much really, just spent a bit of time on the treadmill, there were heaps of hot chicks doing cardio today so I thought I might spend a bit of time there

I practised squats in the squat rack with 5kgs on each side, trying to find a comfortable stance that suits me, ive found that shoulder width works well for me. There is no mirror there so that sucks a bit but I can do them now without my kness drifting past my toes. Eventually they do (knees going past the toes)but only when I go past parallel. So at the moment im happy to go to parallel, I had to get one of those cardio chicks to check my form, just to make sure

Tomorrow will be Leg day.

Selfproclaimed Fancy Pants wibble's Avatar

Hey mixta! Good luck with your training! How do you find WBB2 by the way? I've been doing the first one for about 2 months now and I'm wondering whether or not I should try #2. I'm still enjoying the first one and still making gains so maybe I'll give it awhile longer. I'd like to know your thoughts on the routine though.

wibble

I decided to go for the WBB 2 routine because it seems to hit everything, I like the 11-12 rep range, it really suited my style more than the WBB 1 routine. Because I used to do Chest and Back on separate days, Ive been struggling to lift the same weight on the WBB 2 routine, other than that the rest is good although I wont be doing any heavy shoulder work or dips as I screwed up my shoulder doing dips. Its good to hear that you are making gains on your WBB 1 routine, making gains is what it is all about! Thanks for dropping by

Monday 28th April

Legs

Squats

1*12 @ 20kg (44lbs)
    1*12 @ 20kg
    1*12 @ 20kg
    1*12 @ 20kg

Im used to the form now so next time Ill be throwing on more weight. Also did a few calf presses on these as well @ 200lbs for 3 sets.

Leg Press

1*12 @ 200lbs
    1*12 @ 500
    1*12 @ 500

Leg Extensions

1*12 @ 20lbs
    1*12 @ 80
    1*12 @ 80

Lying Leg Curls

1*12 @ 25lbs
    1*12 @ 25

DB Lunges

1*12 @ 35lbs on each hand
    1*12 @ 35

These took forever to do and got a bit boring.

I did a bit of ab work on the ab machine and that was it.

DB Lunges

1*12 @ 35lbs on each hand
    1*12 @ 35

These took forever to do and got a bit boring.
    If you have room I'd switch those up to barbell lunges. I've found its easier to balance and to add weight. If its heavier, I've found it a little less boring.
    What is elite?

Originally posted by mixta
    [B1*12 @ 20kg (44lbs)
    1*12 @ 20kg
    1*12 @ 20kg
    1*12 @ 20kg
    [/B]
    I think it is a good idea to get your form down before going heavy. Once you get the form down the weight will start going up.

Lunges might be boring but they sure wear my legs out. I have to do the dumbell version because I do not have enough room in the gym

Bradley

Youre right about getting the form down with the squats, Its a little frustrating with the small weight but as you said when the form is good the weight will creep up.

Lunges might be boring but they sure wear my legs out. I have to do the dumbell version because I do not have enough room in the gym
    Yeah I was quite surprised at how much they take out of you. I can get away with BB lunges because everything is pretty well spaced out at the gym I go to so Ill give the BB a go next time, thanks for the tips!

HomeYield

If you have room I'd switch those up to barbell lunges. I've found its easier to balance and to add weight. If its heavier, I've found it a little less boring.
    That will be the plan for next time, the room is there so I will go for it, thanks for the suggestion

Wednesday 30th April

Chest

Incline DB Press

1*12 @ 75lbs
    1*12 @ 75

Ive been stuck on this ******* weight for about a month now. Id hate to think thats my limit on this stupid thing. Im gonna cut down on the reps and try it on the smith machine, that way I wont destroy my shoulders swinging the weight up into position.

Decline Bench Press (smith machine)

1*12 @ 35kg
    1*12 @ 35

Cable Pec Fly

1*12 @ 90 lbs
    1*12 @100

Peck Deck

1*12 @ 50 lbs
    1*12 @ 50

Tricep Pushdowns

1*12 @ 60 lbs
    1*12 @ 50

And that is all

Hey mixta! I was just about to go back to bed in depression. I get up at 9:30am and I'm all happy because I managed to get up early, then I come in here and see you've already worked out and everything! Then I noticed you're from Austrailia and theres probably a huge time difference between us. Whew.

Good workout btw, and don't worry about the weight on your inclines, it'll come. Maybe you could even just shoot for 6 reps for awhile with it and move up to like 85-90's for a couple weeks. 75x12 might be no problem then. Just a thought though.

Keep it up!

I agree with Wibble, in that you should try dropping the reps and going with more weight. I mean you are getting 3x12 with the 75's so the strength is obviously there.

Have you ever tried skulls as your tricep exercise? IMO one of the best.

:withstupi

I'm a huge fan of Skullcrushers. One of my favorite exercises.

wibble

Hey mixta! I was just about to go back to bed in depression. I get up at 9:30am and I'm all happy because I managed to get up early, then I come in here and see you've already worked out and everything! Then I noticed you're from Austrailia and theres probably a huge time difference between us. Whew.
    Lol, sometimes I do the odd early morning workout but most of my workouts happen between 7-8pm

Good workout btw, and don't worry about the weight on your inclines, it'll come. Maybe you could even just shoot for 6 reps for awhile with it and move up to like 85-90's for a couple weeks. 75x12 might be no problem then. Just a thought though.
    Thats a good idea you have there. Im probably gonna drop the high reps for the time being because my lifts have stayed the same for sometime now. Thanks for the suggestion

Bradley

I will drop the reps next time as suggested, it makes sense to me.

Have you ever tried skulls as your tricep exercise? IMO one of the best.
    lol, I keep saying to do them but I never get around to do them, the cable pushdowns are getting a bit boring now so Ill give them a go. Thanks for the suggestions

Thursday May 1

Back

One arm DB Rows

1*5 @ 95 lbs
    1*3 @ 95
    1*4 @ 95
    1*5 @ 95

Looks live ive hit a PR! This is a 15 pound increase from last time but Ive decided to drop the reps for a change. Had a bit of trouble getting used to the handles on the DB because they are thicker than the last ones I used.

Chin ups (Chin-up machine)

1*12 @ -50kg
    1*12 @ -50

Chin ups (Unassisted)

1*3 @ BW (225lbs)
    1*2 @ BW

I might just stick with these instead of using the chin up machine.

Deadlifts

1*8 @ 35kgs
    1*8 @ 35kgs
    1*8 @ 40kgs (88lbs)

form was a bit sloppy, people were walking around me making me lose my concentration a few times.

DB Shrugs

1*12 @ 80lbs
    1*12 @ 80
    1*12 @ 80

Im going to do Barbell Shrugs next time

I did a few cable curls and ab work with the fitball and medicine ball and that was it.
    Last edited by mixta; 05-01-2003 at 06:38 AM.

Chin ups (Chin-up machine)

1*12 @ -50kg
    1*12 @ -50

Chin ups (Unassisted)

1*3 @ BW (225lbs)
    1*2 @ BW

I might just stick with these instead of using the chin up machine.
    I would switch these if you don't want to drop the machine. Do the hardest one first then move to the machine and try to get a few more reps out of it. Everything else is looking pretty good.
    What is elite?

The Tuna Tempter
    :withstupi

-Tank
    Life's too short to be small

HomeYield, Tank23

I would switch these if you don't want to drop the machine. Do the hardest one first then move to the machine and try to get a few more reps out of it. Everything else is looking pretty good.
    Will do guys, cheers. No Workout today just a bit of cardio on the treadmill as I did a heap of driving today and didnt feel like working out.