Thread: Chicken breast

Chicken breast

i just ate a microwaved one. im talking raw into microwave. tasted better than i expected.

now my question is could they be salted and stuff before they are frozen? even on the inside? cuz they make them tasty and i dont see how

I believe some chicken breasts are dipped in chicken broth before they are frozen, which would add a little flavor to them.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Did you check the ingredients? Bradley is right. It's probably dipped in chicken broth.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

i know that bagged tyson chicken breasts are usually dipped in a broth. just check the bag they came in. it should say.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

I buy a big box of frozen chicken breasts. They come coated with soy protein and I think salt. Not as good as fresh chicken breasts, but a lot cheaper, lol.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Re: Chicken breast

Originally posted by Reinier
    i just ate a microwaved one. im talking raw into microwave. tasted better than i expected.

now my question is could they be salted and stuff before they are frozen? even on the inside? cuz they make them tasty and i dont see how
    Well I looked on the bag of frozen chicken breasts that I have here at the house and it says that the chicken is enriched with 15% chicken broth. This would explain the salty taste.

cool.

Originally posted by Manveet
    Not as good as fresh chicken breasts, but a lot cheaper, lol.
    Heh heh, that's what I look for to

You can microwave a raw, out of the package chicken breast?? How long do you put it in for?
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

i guess as long as it gets cooked all the way through. but personally i think ill stick to grilling mine george foreman grill > microwave
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Originally posted by Y2A
    You can microwave a raw, out of the package chicken breast?? How long do you put it in for?
    Usually if you are buying frozen chicken breasts there are instructions on microwaving just as there are instructions about baking. This site also has a recommendation on microwaving. Just scroll through until you find it. Also lots of other chicken info.

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/OA/pubs/chicken.htm

Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
    george foreman grill > microwave
    LOL! It's so true! I love making cheese turkey sandwiches on it

I just bought a Hamilton Beach I've gone through 3 foremans.

Heh, did you get tired of them, or they just broke?

3:16

Re: Chicken breast

Originally posted by Reinier

it does not really matter what you do with them.

they have just killed off 14 million chickens in holland due to some flu virsus going round.
    the price of chicken is going to shoot up. the price of eggs is already gone up.
    their is not going to be many eggs either around for a while.

find another protien source as even the price of thia and brazillian chicken will go up as they demand will be greater.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.