The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It's April 24th...what'd you do today?

I marched for about 5-6 hours in the sun but it was well worth it. I actually saw a black lady at the protest at the Turkish Consulate which was very encouraging. I'd wish more people from different demographic groups (not according to sex or age) would come to these things on April 24th so that I/we (Armenians) would have a better sense that the word is getting through to some people other than Armenians.

If anyone doesn't know, April 24, 1915 is the day the Young Turks of the Ottoman Empire decided to commence their huge genocide campaign agains the Armenians who lived in Turkey. Even though the Armenians were the ones who were mostly massacred, Greeks, Assyrians, and Syrians were all victims of the brutalities. Approximately 1.5 million Armenians were murdered and about 4-4.4 million people total were massacred. To this day, Turkey denies it and the U.S. refuses to recognize it.

If you're curious about anything else, feel free to IM me or check out these websites:

www.armenian-genocide.org

www.genocide1915.info

www.cilicia.com

www.armenocide.com

www.genocideevents.com

www.armeniangenocideposters.org
    Peace Be With You.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

i learned some about this in my sociology class
    it was really disturbing..
    but i didnt know yesterday was special or anything
    sorry

that is really positive that you marched yesterday
    do you know how many people were there? and where were you guys at?
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

Yesterday I went on a senior bar crawl! It was fun and I got my drink on in the sunshine

nothing quite like the occasional US bashing is there?

it was almost 90 years ago, why live in the past? im not going to recognize it either.
    Last edited by MrWebb78; 04-25-2003 at 09:10 AM.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Wow, that Turkish genocide thing is very interesting.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Yesterday I sat around, went to the gym, and got drunk. It was a good day.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

did you get drunk and then go to the gym?

Originally posted by MrWebb78
    nothing quite like the occasional US bashing is there?

it was almost 90 years ago, why live in the past? im not going to recognize it either.
    oh shush
    it doesnt matter who did it or when
    its still horrible
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

I think this thread was started more to stir up anti war ****, talking about protests.
    I guess I really don't care what happened in turkey in 1915, its sad that it did. But there has been many more atrocitys since then. Though its probably something worth knowing about. What were Americans doing in turkey? Smuggling opium?

it depends which conspiracy theorist ou talk to, maybe we were too busy covering up alien footprints so that nobody could know the truth
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Originally posted by kimpy225
    i learned some about this in my sociology class
    it was really disturbing..
    but i didnt know yesterday was special or anything
    sorry

do you know how many people were there? and where were you guys at?
    I'm glad they're having some things about it in the curriculum.

There were no exact quotes on how many people were there but I'd estimate it at around 5,000 at the march in Hollywood and about 1,000 at the Turkish Consulate.

The march was in Little Armenia in Hollywood on Sunset. The Consulate is at Highland and Wilshire.

MrWebb, you're obviously the one who's looking into this blindly. I didn't not say ONE derogatory thing about the U.S. All I said was that the U.S. does not recognize it.

Why live in the past? haha...ey man, you're SO funny. I wonder why the U.S. celebrates July 4th or why we have Christmas...hey, you know? Maybe we should get rid of those and while we're at it, throw Thanksgiving out the window too.

It still lives on because 1.5 million of my people were MASSACRED (maybe you don't understand the weight of this word) and the fact that the Turkish government nor the most powerful government in this world don't recognize it is a very big deal. Of course, you don't realize that because you're an American who has never had to worry about being systematically terminated before and having to live with the denial of those who perpetrated it.

Berserker....I have NO idea where you're coming from. Anti-war protests? Please, if you've got nothing intelligent to say then don't insult me or the integrity of the genocide.

How would you like it if the Jews we great Americans liberated did not get recognition from the German government that their genocide ever happened? I'm sure you'd be fighting for that.

Thanks for showing me how much you care about humanity though.

kimpy and Ironman, thank you, sincerely.
    Peace Be With You.

we had a lil thing about that here in holland too. holland doesn`t recognise it either

heh guess who's half turkish...

Originally posted by kimpy225
    I concur! I don't think we should ever forget our ancestors or their trials and tribulations. Its a part of who we are. Take it easy PeaceBeWithYou.
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Did a search on it.
    Your right I have nothing intelligent to add. Even worse I read it wrong. I thought it was americans, not armenians. Why we would regonize this in the US? I am not saying its not a tragedy though.
    Actually the armenians need a better press agent. The searchs I did came up saying that it has been exagerated and better of on going conflict.
    I really couldn't find a good link. Most be a movie coming out, thats what came up first.

Originally posted by Rastaman

Take it easy PeaceBeWithYou.
    I'm trying dude.

Berserker, thanks. There IS a movie coming out but I don't know how it's going to be released....it's called The Secret German Genocide, I believe. There was a movie months ago called "Ararat" which was the first full-length feature film about the Genocide released in the U.S. If you'd like more links about it, check out the ones I posted in this thread...there is lots of information and picture documentation if you find the writing hard to believe for any reason.

Centaurion, what's your stance on it?
    Peace Be With You.

heh, my grandfather is an ultra nationalist turk, but im glad to say that im not. To be honest, i dont really have any opinions of that since i havnt read anything about it. But usually im against genocide.

Originally posted by Centaurion
    But usually im against genocide.
    Usually, eh? Comforting.

And I agree with Webb, it was 90 years ago and not even in the U.S. So I don't know why "to this day" the U.S. should acknowledge it?

In any case, it's horrible that this happened. No race/nationality deserves genocide. I can't look down on someone for remembering their roots, so you're not going to catch me bashing you on it. Just confused as to why the United States as a government should acknowledge it, rather than just the people of these countries involved who live in the U.S.? (Which of course took place).
    AIM: RyanNSIT
    MSN: rlambert@netsourceit.com

usually im against genocide.
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Originally posted by PeaceBeWithYou
    ...because 1.5 million of my people were MASSACRED...
    well MY people MASSACRED millions of je...

oh wait, nevermind.
    Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man Schweigen.

~L. Wittgenstein

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Why we would regonize this in the US?
    Berserker, recognization of the past attempted genocide of the turks is important because we are one of Turkey's allies and America isnt recognizing that one of its allies committed such acts. I guess all of a sudden we trust foreigners or something. Which, of course, is crap, because its fairly hard to deny that it happened; I mean (excuse the HORRIBLE joke) 1.5 million dead Armenians cant be wrong. I think our relations with Turkey were somewhat damaged recently, so perhaps something might happen.
    Perhaps. I'd like to see it happen but I dont run things and honestly I'm just going on information from those websites right now because other than a post about that Arafat movie about 5 months ago I knew nothing about this. I'm surprised Kimpy learned about it in sociology class because I've never heard word one about it. Maybe if that Arafat movie comes to the indie theatre I'll check it out.
    Its in English right? Reading subtitles puts me to sleep. Take it from a guy who slept through 2 semesters of film history classes and somehow managed to ace them all and learn a whole bunch of **** about classic film. Who knew??

Hey Narcissus. I guess I'll be seeing you in Hell.

Wait, did I just agree with PeaceBeWithYou?

what!?

im usually against genocide, yes. but sometimes i kinda agree with the purpose. im a man enough to admit it.

what!?

im usually against genocide, yes. but sometimes i kinda agree with the purpose. im a man enough to admit it.
    If you are serious here, let me be the first...get some mental help.
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

im serious as i can be.

im serious as i can be.
    Killing off groups of people is not a good thing. Seek some mental help.
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth