Thread: Shaping muscles

Shaping muscles

Instead of doing lower rep and heavier weight to get big muscle. If I want to shape my muscles, will doing higher rep (12-14 reps) with less weight helps?

There may be hope yet. JustinASU's Avatar
    Silently Slipping into the dark abyss of Insanity
    That's hippie logic. They call it toning and it's BS. If you want your muscles to look more impressive without increasing the size of them you need to cut. This requires cutting calories and/or cardio.

Nope. You can't shape your muscles. Sorry bucko.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

flex them! helps with symmetry I suppose, but it's mostly genetic
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

the shape of your muscles is basically all genetics.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

It all about bodyfat.

Wouldn't you be able to shape your muscles to an extent? For example, wouldn't doing all hammer curls make your biceps look different than doing all normal curls?

Originally posted by Bizatch
    Wouldn't you be able to shape your muscles to an extent? For example, wouldn't doing all hammer curls make your biceps look different than doing all normal curls?
    yeah, maybe to an extent. but things like the "peak" look of the bicep quite often depends on genetics
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Only to the extent that you're developing the brachialis muscle beneath the biceps. Similar to how inclined presses develop the pec minor beneath the pec major.

3:16
    but thats because your alter emphasis on different muscle.

the actual bicep would be the same shape. but your bicep to forarm look will be different, dues to the latter placeing a bit more stress on it, so it will grew bigger at slight expense of bicep max growth. but shape of each specific muscle is the same.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    I think you scared him off guys
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....