The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by The_Blackstar

Maby some people dont want to hear your bull sh*t either...
    So no one listens. It's as simple as that. No one stops Tim Robbins from preaching against the war, he just receives negative feedback, simply because...well...no one gives a ****.

Anyone can tell me to stfu all they want, and that's fine. They don't have to listen, and they have the right to tell me I'm a wank (in belials words.) Bottom line is, he needs to quit being a fookin' baby.
    Last edited by BigChaseyChase; 04-26-2003 at 07:41 PM.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Originally posted by BigChaseyChase

So no one listens. It's as simple as that. No one stops Tim Robbins from preaching against the war, he just receives negative feedback, simply because...well...no one gives a ****.

Anyone can tell me to stfu all they want, and that's fine. They don't have to listen, and they have the right to tell me I'm a wank (in belials words.) Bottom line is, he needs to quit being a fookin' baby.
    Ah, but if no one valued his opinion, there wouldn't be a forum in which for Tim Robbins to speak. See, the reason why these celebrities are valued so much is because they are the opposite spectrum from the United States government. The anti-war crowd is a minority in the US, and they want anyone available to provide their opinion. The fact that they're famous just puts the icing on the cake. I'm not saying I agree with Tim (I think he's a great actor and a very eloquent man, but he makes a few erroneous statements) but the reason he survives is because there IS an audience who likes to hear what he has to say.
    "Let's hope the ship has a captain, in other words, since we're not taking part in what's going on."
    -Noam Chomsky
    "It's like putting pearls on swine. You can dress up a pig... but it's still a pig... isn't it? oink oink oink..oink oink"
    -Henry Rollins
    Push the envelope... watch it bend..
    -Tool
    "In the valley of the shadow of death... I fear no one, because i am the baddest mother****er in the valley!"

People idolize the famous. Cause there to stupid to do or think for themselves.
    Half the celebriteis out there are in and out court and rehab, not my role models.

Hey Herc:

Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Originally posted by hemants
    Yah, this guy is where it's at.
    lmao@this truck driver. (no offense to any truck drivers here. )
    AIM: RyanNSIT
    MSN: rlambert@netsourceit.com

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Originally posted by Berserker
    Half the celebriteis out there are in and out court and rehab, not my role models.
    They are smart enough to make millions... That's smart enough in my books
    w00t

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Hmmm..where to begin.

Budiak says: 'I think herc is Dumb'

GonePostal says : "shut up Budiak, stop talking trash about a respected member of WBB! I'm going to boycott your journal and your posts if you keep talking about Herc!"

Budiak retorts: 'Why are people trying to take away my freedom of speech???'

Its perfectly illustrative of how the Hollywood liberal establishment views things. They dont realize that ultimately, it is Joe Six-pack who sees their movies, watches their shows, etc.
    If you offend a whole country, expect a drop in ticket sales. And you know what? Dont bitch about it. You piss people off, they wont buy your ****. Period.
    Why is it that when the people use their power of the free market to express their distaste in certain performers.
    If I owned a store and every time someone walked in I insulted him, would I be in the right to be angry or forelorned when I realize that nobody is shopping at my store?

Freedom os speech was simply set up to make so the government can not inhibit your right to speak. It has absolutely nothing to do with the social ramifications of speech.
    If Tim Robbins really wanted to be the bigger man, he would have said, in that letter, 'Though I find it quite regretful that you are so strongly opposed to my viewpoints, I stand by them wholeheartedly, and would be honored if you were to proceed with the ceremony without me if need be.'
    Personally I think it was a pretty raw move to do this now. It reeks to me of a ploy to bash Tim Robbins-who by the way- is extremely intelligent and talented regardless of his political handicap- when it could easily have been pushed back to later this year when the baseball season was actually in full swing and the war tensions had died down to the point where the pro-war majority would accept the liberals Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon at the ceremony.

Eh. I havent seen the movie anyways.

BTW Clear Channel hasnt banned Rage, System of a down, or Black Sabbath, all anti-war bands(well Sabbath was anti-Vietnam war, but I think the song 'warpigs' is pretty universal). Tim Robbins' friend is wrong.

The problem is that celebrities, by virtue of their position in society, are given a voice that they shouldn't have. They aren't academics, and very few of them have much experience beyond their own microcosm of hippie-ness.

Yet, because they are popular, they feel they are qualified to run things.

Democracy only works when people are educated.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Strongman
    Originally posted by PowerManDL
    Democracy only works when people are educated.
    Originally posted by Berserker
    Cause there to stupid to do or think for themselves
    This is not a a complete sentence. You could solve this problem by changing your "period" at the end of your first sentence to a "comma" (and of course replacing "cause" with the word "because").

Also, you said "there to stupid," when should have said "they're" (They're = They are). It's easy to confuse all of the "there's" out there.

As for the use of "to," you want to say that they are "too" stupid. "To" is a preposition usually used to indicate movement or action toward a place, person, thing or idea (i.e. We are going TO the park). "Too" is not a preposition and means to an excessive degree (i.e. that is too far).

Half the celebriteis out there ...
    This is a just a basic misspelling of celebrities. It ends in "ies" not "eis." It is an understandable mistake. Spelling big words is very difficult.

...are in and out court and rehab
    Ah! Back to our friend the preposition. Here you have forgotten to use "of." They are in and out OF court and rehab. You need the "of" in there to have your sentence make sense. Also the rest of the sentence "not my role models" isn't grammatically sound either. But alas we shall leave that for another lesson.

Hope this brief grammar review has helped.
    Four-Time World's Strongest Man

Did someone mention Tim Robbins? Man, that movie Shawshank Redemption is the bizomb.
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Yes, true. I also believe that his film 'Nothing to Lose', while not of the same substance as 'Redemption', was quite entertaining and sorrily overlooked.

hahaha, Nothing to Lose. That movie was good.
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Yeah!! The best line was when Tim Robbins looked at Martin Lawrence and says:

"I know what your problem is. You're a bad person!"

Originally posted by GonePostal

They are smart enough to make millions... That's smart enough in my books
    I do agree they have accomplished more then me, but I don't think that makes them any more any expert on politics.

Originally posted by Magnus

Cause there to stupid to do or think for themselves
    This is not a a complete sentence. You could solve this problem by changing your "period" at the end of your first sentence to a "comma" (and of course replacing "cause" with the word "because").

Also, you said "there to stupid," when should have said "they're" (They're = They are). It's easy to confuse all of the "there's" out there.

As for the use of "to," you want to say that they are "too" stupid. "To" is a preposition usually used to indicate movement or action toward a place, person, thing or idea (i.e. We are going TO the park). "Too" is not a preposition and means to an excessive degree (i.e. that is too far).

Half the celebriteis out there ...
    This is a just a basic misspelling of celebrities. It ends in "ies" not "eis." It is an understandable mistake. Spelling big words is very difficult.

...are in and out court and rehab
    Ah! Back to our friend the preposition. Here you have forgotten to use "of." They are in and out OF court and rehab. You need the "of" in there to have your sentence make sense. Also the rest of the sentence "not my role models" isn't grammatically sound either. But alas we shall leave that for another lesson.

Hope this brief grammar review has helped.
    Ya I know it was gonna read fragmented. I just didn't feel like taking the time to word it better. Maybe you could be my editor?

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    I agree with teh Budiak and DL.

And I also think you all suck. Thank you.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!