Thread: I'm done with squats and deads

I'm done with squats and deads

[rant]

I hate my body. You know how they say guys don't have anything going on above the waist? It's so freaking true for me.
    I cannot induce hypertrophy in my upper body. It's roughly the same shape now as it was 2 years ago, just with less fat on it and a stonger slightly more muscled back. I've been cutting for two months, haven't lost a damn pound (but a tiny bit of fat) and my damn legs are growing like mad. All the lower body I do is squats and deads and I've put an inch on them.

Does anyone else have bodyparts that seem to grow so much faster than others? I find it weird, but my body has always been weird anyway.

In any case, as much as I love doing deads, I'm done. I'm trying to lose size in my legs, not gain. They barely fit in my pants as it is. From now on, I'm officially a bench and curl jockey. Then I'm gonna hop on a treadmill immediately after and run those inches off my legs

Also just started 5x5 so I can go heavier on the weights. I've never been able to go this heavy before, so hopefully that will spark some growth. Wish me luck!

[/rant]
    There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back.

my arms are getting huge, along with my shoulders but my chest has been stubborn from overtraining it for so long before

my legs are just beginning to grow, I can see my calf muscles from the front now !!!!!!!! lol, just 2 weeks of 20 reps of calf raises has shown better results that 10 weeks of 10 reps
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

i wish i could get my chest to grow as fast as my calfs do...
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

MY legs seem to growing faster then the rest of me. I like it, I certainly won't cut back. To each there own.
    I know what you mean, sometimes I look and its like I've barely grown. I wish I would have taken pics to compare.
    If your not losing weight, thats your fault, need to adjust your diet.

Originally posted by Berserker
    If your not losing weight, thats your fault, need to adjust your diet.
    I'm aware of that, although there are other issues that are significant contributing factors preventing me from losing weight.
    There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back.

FAT
    guess im lucky, my chest/arms are growing like crazy
    probably from all that overtraining and beer i drink.
    LHA 4 LIFE

Banned
    don't be silly

lower body workouts are anabolic for your whole body and squats and deads do more than just legs, they help your trunk too

and if you're not losing weight, you should have modified your cutting diet... re-evaluate weekly and monitor progress. I used to think I was unable to cut until I got really serious. Once I was really serious? 20lbs in 40 days, baby.

Bottom line? I think leaving legs out of your lifting routine is a HUGE mistake.

:withstupi

Why not? I say give it a shot. See what happens.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

check your diet my friend.

Originally posted by Callahan
    don't be silly

lower body workouts are anabolic for your whole body and squats and deads do more than just legs, they help your trunk too

Bottom line? I think leaving legs out of your lifting routine is a HUGE mistake.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I couldn't do squats and deads for well over year, and I must say I really missed both of them. I believe squats are the most intense lift that you can do, and when they're in my routine I seem to have more intensity on every lift. Dunno, just my thoughts, but I say keep the squats and deads.
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody