The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

I am moving and can't take my 2 cats :(

I need some advice on what I sould do. There are these things known as no kill shelters that I could take them to or there is a farm where they could go. They have been house cats since they were kittens. They are about 3 years old. I have a month to decide. This is so stressful, they are my friends

the farm= cat fights, free to the country (not cooped up) etc

no kill shelter= MAYBE a new owner that might put them outside anyway, or I think they would put them to sleep after a while of being there.

I can't have pets where I am moving BTW and don't really want to discuss why I am moving to a place like that because I am already goin fockin nuts about this. I know I am sounding like a baby, but again they have been my friends for awhile.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

What kind of cats are they?

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

skinny white boy
    I have the acest cat ever.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

talk to friends to see if they will take them. talk to a local rescue society to see if they can help you find a home to place them in. or a local vet's office. or several. you can see if they'll let you put pics of your cats up in their office with a notice that you are looking for a new home for them. place an ad in the paper. perhaps a friend or family member could be temporary owners for the time (if it is temporary) that you muts live in a place that does not allow pets. be creative and try various things. a shelter should only be an option after you have tried these ideas.

also, before you consider converting your indoor cats to outdoor cats, here are some things to think about:
    1)are your cats declawed? if so, they should remain ONLY indoors
    2)have your cats EVER been outside? indoor/outdoor cats, or only indoor? indoor/outdoor cats may adjust fine. exclusively indoor cats may have a hard time adjusting to being outside
    3)are your cats' vaccines up to date? of course they need a rabies vax and a feline distemper combination vax, which is important for all cats, but outdoor cats need to be tested for Feline Leukemia Virus (and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus too, if possible) and vaccinated against feline leukemia.

I would try very hard to find a new home for your cats yourself through these various methods, because despite a shelter's good intentions to try and place animals, realistically they have too many to be extremely proactive about it. good luck and i hope it works out well for you and your feline friends!

You should not have pets, cause your not able to handle it. I hate when people get pets and relize its a 10-15 year commitment.
    I have a german sheppard, its a pain but I have found places that take pets. its an inconvience, but one I am willing to make.
    I don't mean to sound like a dick. People do some awful stuff, jsut leave them in the woods. Actually heard of students just leaving them in there apartment. Its somethign that really burns my ass.
    Atleast your trying to find a home for them.

Why cant you take them? Are you moving into an Apt? Bring em anyway most leases say no pets and no one ever listens to that crap

You're better off without them. Cats are the tool of the devil.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Originally posted by Saint Patrick
    You're better off without them. Cats are the tool of the devil.
    you are a tool! Thanks SP

Originally posted by icanrace
    you are a tool!

OMG that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me!

Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

cats rule. just go over your options and think which is the best for the cats

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    They'll do fine in the farm, they're wild animals who keep their natural instincts much better than dogs. They'll probably miss the confort of house life but they'll be free to do whatever they want in the farm so why not leaving them there?

Originally posted by restless
    They'll do fine in the farm, they're wild animals who keep their natural instincts much better than dogs. They'll probably miss the confort of house life but they'll be free to do whatever they want in the farm so why not leaving them there?
    that's what I'm thinking too, but when I look at them all relaxed on my couch it makes me wonder if they will be able to relax on the farm too.

Originally posted by Just some girl
    talk to friends to see if they will take them. talk to a local rescue society to see if they can help you find a home to place them in. or a local vet's office. or several. you can see if they'll let you put pics of your cats up in their office with a notice that you are looking for a new home for them. place an ad in the paper. perhaps a friend or family member could be temporary owners for the time (if it is temporary) that you muts live in a place that does not allow pets. be creative and try various things. a shelter should only be an option after you have tried these ideas.

also, before you consider converting your indoor cats to outdoor cats, here are some things to think about:
    1)are your cats declawed? if so, they should remain ONLY indoors
    2)have your cats EVER been outside? indoor/outdoor cats, or only indoor? indoor/outdoor cats may adjust fine. exclusively indoor cats may have a hard time adjusting to being outside
    3)are your cats' vaccines up to date? of course they need a rabies vax and a feline distemper combination vax, which is important for all cats, but outdoor cats need to be tested for Feline Leukemia Virus (and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus too, if possible) and vaccinated against feline leukemia.

I would try very hard to find a new home for your cats yourself through these various methods, because despite a shelter's good intentions to try and place animals, realistically they have too many to be extremely proactive about it. good luck and i hope it works out well for you and your feline friends!
    My cats are not declawed. They were outside cats when they were just kittens and they have been inside ever since. The vaccines would have to be updated for sure.

Try taking them with you. I lived in a apartment that was no pets for 11 months with my cat and never had a problem. They have to notify you when they are going to enter the apartment,and just make sure they are out of sight. Havent you ever seen ace ventura

I think its just horrible when people dump their pets man. How ****ed up... ur cats are used to living indoors claws or not they will have an extremely hard time adjusting to all of a sudden being outdoors and restless what are u talking about? Theyre are animals far more wild then house cats that once being taken in by humans have completely lost their ability to survive on their own in the wild..

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Originally posted by Dkm911
    I think its just horrible when people dump their pets man. How ****ed up... ur cats are used to living indoors claws or not they will have an extremely hard time adjusting to all of a sudden being outdoors and restless what are u talking about? Theyre are animals far more wild then house cats that once being taken in by humans have completely lost their ability to survive on their own in the wild..
    Well, you do have a point, but cats are kind of special creatures.

Anyway, wouldn't they feed them at the farm?

They'll get used to it, their biggest enemies will be cars at night but if there ain't any there they'll do fine.

I once had a female cat that I had to give to my grandmother how lives in a farm and after a while she got pregnant there and the thing looked happier than ever, it became really wild, only allowing my grannie to touch her and eventually got hit by a car and died....Not a happy ending but you get he point. At least she was free to run around and do whatever she pleased.
    Last edited by restless; 04-28-2003 at 01:42 PM.

Originally posted by HahnB
    Try taking them with you. I lived in a apartment that was no pets for 11 months with my cat and never had a problem. They have to notify you when they are going to enter the apartment,and just make sure they are out of sight. Havent you ever seen ace ventura
    Yeah, have a friend hold them until your set-up if they are already indoor just keep them out of site, and they are out of mind. Also clean the boxes so you apartment doesnt smell like cat piss.
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

I agree, try to smuggle the cats into the appartment 'after' you have gotten the deal around. I mean cat's don't make a lot of noise'compared to hell hounds some people have'. You just bring in the cats, put a thingie for their extrament in it. And it's as good as done. If someone finds out you can still have them put at a good place if you want to.

Don't give your cats away, they are your pets and any house owner that says that they aren't allowed is a tool.