The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally, my pics. Be gentle.

Alright guys, here ya go. I'm kinda nervous about posting these, I never really considered myself in the kinda shape to post pics of my physique. Anyways, these are my pre-Summer pics. I'm planning on putting on another 10 lbs by September of lbm. Any criticism/advice is welcome, but please be gentle . When I started lifting I was around 130, now I'm 5'7 1/2 and just over 160.

Side shot

Front shot

Back
    Last edited by Rastaman; 04-13-2003 at 03:25 PM.
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

"Sorry, you are trying to access an image from outside of Imagestation.com"

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

tris look great, and the front shot traps looks pretty damn big, and you look nice and lean

criticism? you got good proportions so gaining all over would just be perfect i think.. maybe lats a bit bigger

and get a new haircut pretty boy
    excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, dreaming more than others think is practical, and expecting more than others think is possible.

Originally posted by kook
    tris look great, and the front shot traps looks pretty damn big, and you look nice and lean

criticism? you got good proportions so gaining all over would just be perfect i think.. maybe lats a bit bigger

and get a new haircut pretty boy
    Haha, thanks. I'm overdue for a haircut, but thanks for noticing.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Looking good rastaman, good luck with putting on the extra pounds.

Just for fun. Remember about 2 or 3 months ago when I posted pics, and you didn't believe my weight. You said there was no way that I was 173. Well if I wasn't 173 in my pics, then there is no way that you are over 160 in your pics.

Take a trip down memory lane back to my thread
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...992#post488992

Oh, and if you notice the edits on the first 3 posts, I took down the pictures about a month ago because some kids in my school kept putting them on the school computer background which was quite embarrassing. So I reattached them at the very end of the thread. Remember, I'm just having some fun, I'm not trying to start a fight.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Somehow I knew you'd pop up. The pics don't work and I don't really remember.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

My opinion is that different people may not look the same even if they are approximately the same stats. I know I have seen a few people on here roughly with the same stats as me that look a lot different.
    5-9 170

but wait to you see how different from the pics... j/k

anyhow, the pics need to be approved by the mods again, and who knows how long it will take them seeing as how they're at the very end of the thread.

Ryan, I agree with you. But he gave me grief, so I'm goona give him a little.

BTW. Rastaman, you got wheels pics? You're very lean and look good, just in time for summer.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Originally posted by Behemoth
    Ryan, I agree with you. But he gave me grief, so I'm goona give him a little.
    Yeah, I understand. The statement I made above was just a general statement since I have seen a lot of people in the past on here saying, "you aren't xxx pounds" to others.
    5-9 170

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    You're looking pretty good. Keep it up
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Originally posted by Behemoth
    BTW. Rastaman, you got wheels pics? You're very lean and look good, just in time for summer.
    If I get the digital camera again soon, I'll take wheel pics. I think my wheels are pretty decent. Oh yeah, I took a look at the pics you posted. You've got huge delts but you still don't look close to 175 to me, at least not at my height. Its kinda hard to tell too because you took your pictures in the dark. Again, no offense man, if you say you're 175, I belieeeeve you.
    Last edited by Rastaman; 04-13-2003 at 11:25 PM.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

FAT
    im 176 and look smaller than both of you so FO!
    nice job though on the pics, both of you, just keep working for some wings!
    Last edited by PaulB; 04-14-2003 at 12:18 AM.
    LHA 4 LIFE

Nice work bud. Your progress, especially over the past year or so, has been impressive. You have gained 30 lbs and you look lean, that speaks for itself. Looking at these pics, I now understand why some people say that pics don't serve somebody justice. I think that you look bigger than those pics IRL, especially with the chest. Anyways, keep up the good work.
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

your not black and you dont have dreads!
    im desillusioned

you look good, nice small waist arms and chest good. could use some lats

Thanks guys! The comments are appreciated!

I think I'm going to concentrate extra hard on those lats this summer. Gonna concentrate on weighted chins in particular.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Wannabebig Member
    yea you should try working extra hard on those pull ups. lookin good tho man. Are you gonna keep bulking after those 10pounds or you're not thinking of that for now?

Originally posted by Pipimo
    yea you should try working extra hard on those pull ups. lookin good tho man. Are you gonna keep bulking after those 10pounds or you're not thinking of that for now?
    I think I'm probably going to stop bulking after another 10 lbs. My goal has always been to remain as athletic as possible, and I think past a certain point, too much weight would begin to affect my performance in other sports. I think a cut 170 at my height would probably be my ideal. Those extra 10 lbs of lbm won't be easy tho, especially while staying fairly lean. Lots of work to do...
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Lookin' great Rman!!

@ that back shot!!!
    'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.'
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Man, fantastic work. Looks like you're on your weigh to being seriously swole. Take ur time though, don't hurt yourself (it looks like you've put on some huge weight already).
    Weight: 178
    Height: 5'9"
    Arms: 16.0"
    Calves: 15.5"
    Bench: 300+

Your looking very good, esp triceps + chest.

Id go with a couple of the other guys here and say you might wanna work more on your lats, but are you flexing em in the pic?

Overall good job

How long you been lifting seriously?

Miss Rezza: Thanks!

WeakSauceAsian: Thanks for the compliment man. When you say "take your time, don't hurt yourself", what exactly do you mean? Are you talking about gaining while keeping the bodyfat down? Thats a crazy bench for your weight by the way.

Exnor: I don't think I was totally flexing my lats in that picture, don't really think the picture did them justice. I'm not very good at the posing and I tried to do everything in one shot. At the same time I think everyone is right, my lats could definitely use some more size (as well as everything else). I've been lifting on and off for over 2 years now, but I've taken the past two summers off and both summers I've lost alot of muscle mass and had to restart again in september. Its been alot of two steps forward, one step backward, two steps forward, type of thing over the past two years. I'm trying to correct that this summer.

My overall goal has always been to try to keep everything very symmetrical, so I appreciate everyone's critiques.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

I think you need to bulk to 200.

You do look great though. You're leaner then me.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Ah, now the pics work.
    Nice chest/tris! Back could use a little work, though.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Looking good, of to a good start....i'm about your weight...you got a smaller waist than i do though.
    My Stats:
    5'6" 148
    BF: maybe 8%

Personal bests:

Flat BB Bench: 305x1 Shirt/Chalk
    Squat: 395x1 Suit/Belt/Chalk
    Deadlift: 405x1 Belt/Chalk
    Dips: Bw+3platesx3
    OH Press: 75's
    Decline Bench: 315x3
    DB Bench:95'sx6
    Pushups: 70 in 55 seconds
    Situps: 53 in 49 seconds

Originally posted by Maki Riddington
    I think you need to bulk to 200.

You do look great though. You're leaner then me.

Man, I don't think I could ever make 200 naturally.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.