The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: North Korea

North Korea

Just curious, what do you all think about the situation with North Korea? On one hand, it seems like everything would be good'n dandy if Bush just told the Jong-il we weren't going to attack his territory. On the other hand, not sure if the guy can be trusted...

Just was reading an article, and wondered if anyone else had been paying attention to it and had any thoughts...
    AIM: RyanNSIT
    MSN: rlambert@netsourceit.com

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    They're on Bush's "todo list".

Originally posted by Saturday Fever
    They're on Bush's "todo list".
    thats funny but unfortionaly its true.....seems like bush just likes to start s***
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Could be seen that way or he is one of the few in this world that has enough balls to do what he thinks is right.
    w00t

great, another one of these threads
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Originally posted by MrWebb78
    great, another one of these threads
    :withstupi

even though i kindda started it.......damn me!!!
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

FAT
    nothing wrong with these threads, if you guys dont wanna talk about it, dont read it. its an issue thats affects all of us, might as well discuss it.
    LHA 4 LIFE

but nobody discusses anything, it just leads to cheap shots and insults whenever anybody sees something differantly
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Nothing's gonna happen. N.korea is not Iraq.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    We'll have to see what happens...
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

MACHINE
    I'd like the U.S. to work with N.Korea and help them out, but I think they should disarm first. Right now they're using nukes as leverage in negotiating, which is awful. Using the threat of nuclear catastrophe should never be a factor in negotiating. If the U.S. gives N.Korea what they want before disarmament, what does that tell everyone else with nuclear aspirations - develop them, bargain with them, and benefit? I think that the U.S. government would like nothing better than to help N.Korea out and improve relations/stability on the korean penninsula, but the nuclear weapons are slowing the process down and may continue to prevent that aid from getting to those poor N.Korean citizens. Once again the U.S. is stuck between a rock and a hard place - hold out for disarmament and further stress the situation, or provide aid while nukes remain a negotiating stick and possibly encourage more of the same.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    I think we need to test our newest weaponry and our ICBM. N. Korea looks like it'd be easy to hit.

But in all seriousness, this needs to be resolved peacefully. War with N. Korea would NOT be like it was with Iraq.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Gonnabebig Member
    Originally posted by gino
    I'd like the U.S. to work with N.Korea and help them out, but I think they should disarm first. Right now they're using nukes as leverage in negotiating, which is awful. Using the threat of nuclear catastrophe should never be a factor in negotiating. If the U.S. gives N.Korea what they want before disarmament, what does that tell everyone else with nuclear aspirations - develop them, bargain with them, and benefit? I think that the U.S. government would like nothing better than to help N.Korea out and improve relations/stability on the korean penninsula, but the nuclear weapons are slowing the process down and may continue to prevent that aid from getting to those poor N.Korean citizens. Once again the U.S. is stuck between a rock and a hard place - hold out for disarmament and further stress the situation, or provide aid while nukes remain a negotiating stick and possibly encourage more of the same.
    well stated!

Its on the Bush World tour.
    I really haven't been following it. I agree I don't think it would be like Iraq. I also think he woud have trouble rallying the US people. The middle east is differant cause of 9/11 and other terrorist, even with that there was not 100% backing. I hate to say but right now there is alot of dislike for the muslim world and the middle east right now. People are not as emotional about Korea, but its something that needs to be dealt with in some fashion.

MACHINE
    I think in general, the people in the middle east hate me a lot more than I dislike them.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

Originally posted by gino
    I agree with you. I don't think bargaining with nukes is the way to go. The North Koreans have a huge army, but considering that number it is pretty dismal. I don't think Jong-il expects to win with a true military effort. Which is why I think the North Koreans using nuclear weapons is much more likely than Iraq doing so ever was. At least Saddam was delusional enough to think he COULD win.

It seems like China is firmly set against these types of threats as well. Despite the differences between the two countries, if it does come down to it, I think China will back the United States. Not to mention N. Korea's other neighbors who are concerned for the safety of their borders. Jong-il seems like a reckless leader with little to lose. Scarily like Saddam... but more openly "trigger happy", unless of course it's a bluff.

Hopefully it does not come down to a combined military effort, but by the way things appear right now it seems almost inevitable.
    AIM: RyanNSIT
    MSN: rlambert@netsourceit.com

Kim Jong-il is cuckoo, the North Korean citizens are starving and homeless, if the U.S. grants them financial backing, it would most likely go to North Korean military
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.