Thread: training log

Hybrid View

training log

how many of you guy take a training log to the gym with you. if you do what do you wright down. or do you guys just go into the gym already knowing what your going to do.

just seeing if its realy need to take a log to the gym i see some people with them
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

you can keep a log in the gym, but for me I just remember what I did in the gym, it's really not that hard.
    If u do keep a log, write down the time u get there and the time u leave. The exercises you did and the weights/sets you did then in order.
    hope this helps
    Life isn't like Burger King, you can't always have it your way.

FAT
    depends on how new you are

the first 4 months of lifting i alwyas brought a log with me, mainly because i was testing diff things, adding more weight and what not. now that im kinda experienced i know how much ill be able to do because its not that much diff from the previous week. after about a month or so of the same weight you kinda remember what you did the previous week. i dont change my routine, so its all pretty easy to remember
    LHA 4 LIFE

I take a small piece of paper that lists how many weights & reps I did for each set last week, basically the same information that is in my online journal. On the same piece of paper, I write down how much I was able to do in the current workout. I try to increase the weights and/or reps with every workout.
    Last edited by aka23; 04-29-2003 at 12:41 AM.

Back in the game
    its good to keep a training log imo, i have my 5 day spilt + cardio workout card,which i take with me and a note book which i write in, also i record my diet as well. some people think its a bit over the top. but each to there own.
    Lordy,Lordy.
    Wont mind hanging out the back of that- Paddy.

There is a miracle supplement its called 110%
    Hardwork that is..........- Peter Parker

Your workouts are only limited cos of your imagination- Peter Parker

No movie makes me Question my own sexuality quite like this one - Gyno Rhino

i bring a log. i enjoy seeing the weights that i left off at, and then try to improve on them
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

I keep a log but I record everything in it when I get home.Too many people waste a lot of time in their workouts writing in their journal.I see people who look like they are writing a novel.Bring it with you it`s very important ,but use it effectively.Write down the important numbers and add details later after training.

I use mine not just to keep track of reps and weight but also if the weight felt easy or if I went to failure. I always try to increase the weight or reps every week even if it's only 1rep or 1lb. Keeping an accurate is the only way for me to do this.

I have trouble remembering what I did during my last set, let alone what I did a week ago. Without a log to keep up with what weight I've been using, my progression would suffer. For me, it's a must.

I typically only write down what weight and how many reps I did for a given set (eg; 8x230). Before I go to the gym, I write out my workout, with a space for each set, and write down what I did last week in parenthesis so that I don't have to flip around so much.

Occasionally I'll make a note about how the set went, eg; form suffered, weight was ok, switched around excercise orders, etc. This helps me schedule what weight to do next week.