Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weight Gain 101

no, its not my grip that is the problem, its just my forearms die hard and trying to do anything after deads, my forearms fail very fast.
    my goals: gain weight and muscle mass

Are you doing any forearm work? Wrist curls. I've always done them. My forearms seem decent. I deadlift at the begining of a work out so when I am strongest. some people do it at the end so it doesn't hinder the rest of there wo, which makes senses too.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Originally posted by massive member
    ExtremeAnabolic, where are you now?

I went from 140 to 200. As for poundage...well in the Big Three (squat, deadlift and bench) all are over the 300 lb mark for reps.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Originally posted by someoneunlikeyo
    no, its not my grip that is the problem, its just my forearms die hard and trying to do anything after deads, my forearms fail very fast.
    How many sets and reps do you do? You might want to consider doing static holds and the "farmer's walk". Those techniques really built up my grip in just 2-3 months. I went from 250 to 315 in the deadlift without straps just by strengthing my grip with these, as well as Belial deadlifts.

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by ExtremeAnabolic

I went from 140 to 200. As for poundage...well in the Big Three (squat, deadlift and bench) all are over the 300 lb mark for reps.
    thats awesome, man.

i was 180 at 10% bodyfat back in 1998, then i had the dreaded "layoff from training", then the even worse "training with no goals and direction".

combine this with a weight gain diet (which i surely didnt need at the time), and when i got to 200lbs, i was at 26% bodyfat and a 40" waist.

have you ever seen a fat ectomorph? thin arms and legs with a big stomach? it aint pretty.

during the next year, i went down to 160 at 15% bodyfat. so i lost 40lbs but only a little of that was lean bodyweight but i had lost alot of my gains, so i had to start back up.

i finished my bulk cycle few weeks ago and now i'm 181 at 18% bodyfat and currently cutting.
    WEIGHT GAIN 101