Thread: Deadlifts: Temporary Lower Back Pain

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

Deadlifts: Temporary Lower Back Pain

I'm sure it's been asked before, and but I couldn't find it anywhere. For the past two times when I've deadlifted, I have experienced lower back pain on my last 2 sets out of 6. I was doing 80% of my 1RM for 2 reps. My form was very good, but I started feeling a lot of pain after I finished these 2 sets. The pain only lasts for about 10 minutes, if that. The next day I feel fine, no pain, no uncomfortable feeling, etc. Anyone else experience this?

I have just started incorporating deadlifts into my training about 4-5 weeks ago. I have been doing them on average, every 4-5 days. Is that too much?

Thanks in advance.
    Matt
    Fightauthority.com

Tiny and Mighty
    I've found when I get backpain from dl's, it's usually because
    A. I'm trying to lift too much

B. I'm doing too many reps

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks. I wasn't really doing weight above my means, and only 2 reps. Is this a natural occurence then?
    Matt
    Fightauthority.com

Maybe your back has never been sore in a way like that, and you are mistaking the muscle working, and thinking it is pain? Or does it really hurt bad?

Wannabebig Member
    I thought about that..... But I literally had to stop working out because it was bad. I was like "Fu*k, I did something bad", but 10 minutes later I was cool.
    Matt
    Fightauthority.com