Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: getting a start on male domination

Originally posted by Belial
    I gotta say, this thread title cracks me up every time.
    i had to get you guys to come some how lol

what is the man to woman ratio in the house of represenatives
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

Originally posted by Delphi

Hillary supposedly will run for President in 2008. Unless somebody else jumps in I guess we still won't have a woman candidate.
    i heard a little something about this, which is kinda funny considering she technically already served her terms as president.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Originally posted by MrWebb78
    as for male dominated gyms go....i better not ever hear that complaint, how many all male gyms are there? NONE....how many all female gyms are their? tons. so it is your choice to go to a so called male dominated gym.

btw, raniali, i like picking on you, you handle yourself well! im not being malicious

i can't even imagine training at an all-female gym! as is, i can barely find a guy to spot me or yell at me to get out another rep. even with an injury, i managed to crank out 6 reps on a 235lb SLDL. *pats self on back*

and - webbie - i KNOW you're not being malicious cuz if i thought you were in the least, i'd speed on up to ur neck of the woods and run you over....i mean, pop a wheelie over your car.
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

I dont think women are short of any oppurtunities men have, and the domination is nobodys fault but inambitious women

hmmm - reinier -- would you like to tell that to the afghanistani women or those maybe in iraq or maybe even any other patriachial society????? do u think the women in afghanistan are going to agree with you that they are to blame for their oppression? please think a little harder.
    Size is SEXY!

My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    For all of you that think that the western world is not still a patriarchal world are fooling yourself.
    Mikey I'll give you a whole slew of topics to touch on. The most significant is women's separation of their "public" sphere and "personal" sphere. Up until recently women were taught that their place was soley in the personal sphere. They were excluded and discouraged to do anything in the public sphere. (Politics, professional jobs, military, etc) Their place was percieved to be at home and still to an extent that is still a view that is held by many. Maybe not directly but by the perception that the male of the household is the "breadwinner". Many men are intimidated by women that make more money then them. To further compound the problem women work at home but for no salary and no one present. So it is hard to put a value on her work and therefore is easily taken for granted. Tied to this is the tendancy to view nurturing and caregiving skills as biologically determined traits and thus devaluing them. This separation reduces the women's socioeconomic status because she is dependant on another person for money who does not fully see her work's worth.
    Then there is the issue of women's labour-force participation. I only have data for Canada but that makes no difference. At the beginning of the 20th centry 14% of women were in the paid labour force and in the 1990's 60% vs 71% of men across this time. You might look at those numbers and think they are contradictory to my stance but if you take a deeper look at the distribution of those jobs a different story appears. During the past 2 decades women have made up 70% of the part-time workforce and they are also over represented in the non-standard pool of jobs. So though there are more women in the work force there far fewer in standard jobs which are the ones that tend to raise your socioeconomic status. Women are "typed" into "feminine" jobs such as secretaries/cashiers/nurses/elementary teachers/food servers/babysitters/receptionists. Many of these jobs have very little verticle mobility.
    Then there is the whole thing about the "glass ceiling" at work. This is an invisible barrier that prevents women from penatrating the top levels of management in many companies. Stats Canada reported that 25% of women and 40% of men were "supervisors". As well the men tended to be in the upper rungs of management while the women were in the lower ones. Also when women are incharge of other employees they tend to be exclusively female while male's supervise either gender.
    Lastly the major disadvantage to women esspecially in the US is that women give birth! In the states there is no legal timeframe for a women to leave work if she gives birth to a child. So if a women wants to have a baby she will have to leave work and care for the child on her own time while risking losing her job. I don't think many if any employers enjoy an employee leaving for 6+ months. Many other countries have laws that let women leave work for 6+ months PAID and government subsidized daycare and have less inequality between genders. Employers have to take this into account when hiring a women. If this is a mission critical position it will be less likely a womam would be choosen because if she felt like having a family at some point she would have to leave for an extended amount of time (1-6+ months). Not to mention her being messed for 9 months before that. Imagine a CEO of a multi billion dollar company leaving for 6 months... just not happening. While men if they feel like having a family might just not work overtime for a few weeks or months or nothing might change at all.
    I'm tired of typing. There is much more but I'll let you figure that out Hope that helps
    w00t

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Oh and just because the discriminory practicies have been officially lifted the effects and reminents don't just disappear. They only got the vote in 1920... You think that the effects of discrimination and devaluation will just go away in 1 generation? There is still structural discrimination going on. Though less blatent and less potent it is still there and significant.
    w00t

Originally posted by raniali
    hmmm - reinier -- would you like to tell that to the afghanistani women or those maybe in iraq or maybe even any other patriachial society????? do u think the women in afghanistan are going to agree with you that they are to blame for their oppression? please think a little harder.
    I was talking about the EU

The discrimination of women because their household work is not shared with their partner and is not appreciated is the WOMANs own damn fault. after all, she accepted it that first time that her man came home after she worked hard all day and he sits on the couch with his feet up and tells her to get him a beer and "wheres my dinner bitch" etc

She married that asshole. She puts up with it. she could go out there and find a man who is worth his salt.
    dont tell me ahh but divorce is hard and there are kids etc. she knew before she got stuck what he was like. she accepted it. now she shouldn`t whine.

i'm sorry, reinier -- your right and i am, oh, so wrong. i guess times have changed in the last 16 y rs since u were born and the past 5000 yrs of civilization no longer have any impact on our lives, norms and societal expectations.
    Size is SEXY!

wow a feminist and a homophobe all rolled into one.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

thanks great post gonepostal....
    im trying to fit sports into this too, are there any cases or facts about women in sports.....i covered anna kornakova and all that sexy stuff
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

wnba vs nba attendance.

nuff said.

or perhaps endorsement opportunities for excellent yet margianlly attractive female athletes vs male athletes

or how about the fact that certain golf course still will not women play on their course - i think there was a big LPGA bruhaha about that a couple weeks back.
    Last edited by Tryska; 05-06-2003 at 01:34 PM.

Totally, dude!
    The only entertaining female sport is mud wrestling. j/k

I win.
    Man easily dominates women now a days. Though the gap is rapidly deteriorating, men and women will never be equal. The ERA was never passed, in part because woman actually argued against it. If we were equal, then the women would have to be drafted along with men in wartime. No offense, but 95% of the female population (definetly excluding the woman here at wbb) is incapable of the physicalities required in war time. Men earned the position they have in part because they did the fighting in any war. In colonial times, generals were directly tied to position of power in society also. I think this is is the roots of where we are now. Anyways, this is just my .02 and excuse me for the somewhat rambling.

Originally posted by Tryska
    wow a feminist and a homophobe all rolled into one.
    LOL! I'm glad someone else noticed. Oh, the irony.
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

or how about the fact that certain golf course still will not women play on their course - i think there was a big LPGA bruhaha about that a couple weeks back.
    that certain golf course is a private club and doesnt HAVE to let women or anyone they dont want to play on that course.

there is absolutely no reason other than stirring up **** that women need to play the Augusta National, there are thousands of other perfectly good country clubs and golf courses that serve their purpose.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Originally posted by GonePostal
    Oh and just because the discriminory practicies have been officially lifted the effects and reminents don't just disappear. They only got the vote in 1920... You think that the effects of discrimination and devaluation will just go away in 1 generation? There is still structural discrimination going on. Though less blatent and less potent it is still there and significant.

just the fact that they dont allow women shows their power
    it doesnt matter that its their choice and the women have other other places to go
    i learned from my student sociology teacher, that somewhere (i forget where).. there is this bar. and no women is allowed to sit at the bar itself. they have to shout their order to the bar tender and they bring it over to them. now THATS pathetic!
    this is in the US also... *sigh*
    i am not a feminist or anything.. but some of those rules are just too pathetic for me
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

that certain golf course is a private club and doesnt HAVE to let women or anyone they dont want to play on that course.

there is absolutely no reason other than stirring up **** that women need to play the Augusta National, there are thousands of other perfectly good country clubs and golf courses that serve their purpose.
    i don't like hanging out with old white men in plaid pants and tam-oshanters anyways, so it's no skin off my back, but it suits his male domination paper theme so i threw it out there. ease up hoss.

panties in a twist, much?

no, and dont try to be all mouthy with me woman, ill dominate you.

trust me, im no golfer either, but its the overboard feminists that go to all female gyms that cry about all male clubs being sexist and stage protests and whine. so excuse me for coming to the defense of this "club" that has no reason to be under attack.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Size is SEXY!

so question....if they didn't allow black men (was that augusta national too, pre-tiger?) would that be okay?

i don't mind a little domination here and there.

I win.
    They dont let gays in boy scouts or in the military, and who cares if they dont let blacks in their golf club, its their choice and they have the right to do whatever they want inside their private club.

EDIT- oh and its also funny how Martha Burk shutup after the KKK rally at the Masters drew more people then hers. Not to mention most of her protestors were recruited by her from a college at the promise of lunch. (a tactic historically used in many protests)
    Last edited by Riggs; 05-06-2003 at 05:12 PM.

Totally, dude!
    I think if more women watched The Man Show there would be less problems in the world.

no, and dont try to be all mouthy with me woman, ill dominate you.

heh heh I'll place my bet on T. You don't know what you're getting into.