The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Low Carb, Low Fat, High Protein diet?

I've been on a new diet to try to lose some body fat. I've been reading about ckd, and keto diets, both of them require fat and protein. Well what about a low carb and low fat diet?

Here's a sample of my diet:
    10:30am
    salad w/ 1 cup of tuna & 1 cup of tofu
    1 whole egg
    4 egg whites
    1 multi-vitamin

1pm
    small salad
    apple

3pm
    protein shake
    a piece of fruit

6pm
    1 salad w/ 1.5 cup of tuna & 1 cup of tofu
    about 12 oz of fish or chicken

9pm (post workout)
    roast beef or chicken sandwish w/slice of cheese
    a piece of fruit

I think this is roughly about 2200-1800 cals. I think im getting about 30grams carbs/40grams fat/210grams of protein. I've been on this diet for about 4 days now and I noticed I tend to sleep more and my workouts have been less intensity. I sometimes feel full after a meal then hungry 10 mins later. I have a headache for the better part of the day. I also drink 6 bottles of 20oz waters throughout the day. Are their any dangers in a low fat/carb high protein diet?
    Life isn't like Burger King, you can't always have it your way.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Re: Low Carb, Low Fat, High Protein diet?

Originally posted by John0101

I think this is roughly about 2200-1800 cals. I think im getting about 30grams carbs/40grams fat/210grams of protein. I've been on this diet for about 4 days now and I noticed I tend to sleep more and my workouts have been less intensity. I sometimes feel full after a meal then hungry 10 mins later. I have a headache for the better part of the day. I also drink 6 bottles of 20oz waters throughout the day. Are their any dangers in a low fat/carb high protein diet?
    i think you have answered your own questions to some extent

low fat is not healthy since fats are VITAL to many many biological functions (such as a beating heart). when removing both carbs and fats your body is smarter than you and will use the expensive protein for energy instead. you are also telling your body that your precious muscle is a fuel source, too. no wonder you have NO energy at the gym and are sleeping all day.
    Last edited by raniali; 05-06-2003 at 03:50 PM.
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

You've got well over 40 grams of carbs there John. The apple is going to have at least 20 and could have way more depending on how big it is. Protein is a very inefficient energy source. You should get abaout half your calories from a combination of fats and carbs for any effective fat loss diet IMHO.

Um, low carb low fat sounds like how those people died while doing atkins improperly... don't die

hahahaha, Imma bump up my carbs and fat then. Maybe a pb sandwish somewhere in there and some rice, and remove some fuit.

you say low-carb, but you have a lot of fruits which are all carbs, and you say u have a sandwhich after your workout which i assume you have bread with it which has carbs.

plus you WANT fat in a diet. fat doesnt make you fat.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

I went on a diet like this a few times in the past and it got my pretty ripped everytime... I tend to feel hungry all the time on it, but as long as you have the will power and don't stay on it too long, you're not going to see any bad side effects. This diet is the only diet that I've been on that has gotten my body fat lower than 7%.

low carb, high healthy fat, high protein diet has been working well for me. it's my first actual diet plan and I've seen a lot more improvement in energy levels, strength gains, and mass since I started 4 weeks ago, shed much more fat than I've expected also.
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    John, you need some healthy fats in your diet.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

I thought fruit was all sugar, lucky that I learned! Thx for all the advice everybody. I'm doing to do a slight variation on this diet. One or two more whole eggs, gonna add some pb in there somewhere. I was thinking that the whole egg/roast beef/fish would have enough fat. Thx all

IMO stick to just plain cutting, or if your worried about carbs, then try a CKD. but definately dont try low fat, low carb. just my 2 cents
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

John, are you taking any fish oil or flax supplements? Taking those would be a good way to get some more healthy fats in your diet.

No i am not, I am going to try to get some healthy fats from, beef, bp, or peanuts, fish, etc. I stop taking supplements because I think they are really overprice and I can get the same thing by just adjusting my eating habits.

No i am not, I am going to try to get some healthy fats from, beef, bp, or peanuts, fish, etc. I stop taking supplements because I think they are really overprice and I can get the same thing by just adjusting my eating habits.
    It is possible to get all the fat you need in your diet from whole foods but supplements can make it easier. I think the hardest thing to get from your diet would be a good ratio of omega 3 to omega 6 fats. This can be accomplished by eating whole foods, but most of the foods that you have listed do not contain very much omega 3 fats, other than the fish.

are you talking about prices at like a GNC store? i mean... ive seen things like whey and even flax real cheap on some online sites.

No i am not, I am going to try to get some healthy fats from, beef
    Beef has healthy fats?

Originally posted by Ironman8

Beef has healthy fats?
    Yes, but I would not consider beef a good source of healthy fats. Although grass fed beef would be much better than grain fed beef, as far as fatty acids go. Most beef that you buy in the store is grain fed and will usually state otherwise if it is not.