Thread: Standard Width vs. Olympic Width Bench

Standard Width vs. Olympic Width Bench

does anyone else experience problems with standard width weight benches, or is it just me? when I bench press from a standard bench my grip seems too wide(because the uprights are closer together, my hands go on the outter edge of the uprights - the side with the weights -) which I think is what has made me plateau ever since I've begun heavier lifting + weight progression, either that, or my chest sucks. I feel like my chest is only getting bigger because I incorporate dumbell presses and dumbell flyes on chest days. also, the barbell always falls over when I try to take off the weights, damn I really should have researched before I started lifting! would have saved my dad a lot of money

I bought a cheap weight bench when I first began working out and now I will probably have to replace it with a new olympic width bench + squat rack with chin bar.

If you don't know what I'm talking about here's some pics:

Standard bench : http://128.241.181.90/imagesnew/LX-215_lg.gif
    Olympic bench : http://128.241.181.90/imagesnew/EX-575_lg.gif
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

Pretty Fly for an Old Guy W8_4_Me's Avatar
    Time for an upgrade...
    "A winner...knows how much he still has to learn, even when he is considered an expert by others; A loser...wants to be considered an expert by others, before he has even learned enough to know how little he knows." - Sydney Harris

"It takes a big man to cry, and an even BIGGER man to laugh at that man!" - Jack Handey

"It's simple. If it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger