The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

risks of raw potatoes?

when in a hurry, ive occasionally grabbed a potato and just ate it on the run, raw, uncooked. however, and i hate to rely on this since 99% of the population is stupid, but ive heard from a few differant people that eating raw potatoes is bad, due to the risk of worms. anyone know any truth or myth behind this?

ive done a couple searches online and didnt find a thing, and im pretty convinced its false, but curiosity has gotten the best of me.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I've never heard anything, but that doesn't mean anything. I really can't imagine eatin gone. I've taken bites, and stopped there. You are dedicated, or touched.

I doubt that is true.

We eat plenty of raw veggies and fruits, if it's a special case with potatoes I've never heard of it. The only complications I can see from eating raw potatoes is possible digestive problems.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

i agree with manveet, also i dont have a 100%-backed up with studies information, IMO eating a raw potatoe would be the same as eating any other raw vegtable. just make sure it gets washed, and i dont see any real problem with it.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

sounds fair enough, its not a regular habit anyways, just when on the run. thanks fellas
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Found this on a vegetarian site:
    In ancient times the primary sources of starch were root vegetables and tubers such as raw yams and potatoes , and high-starch nuts such as acorns and chestnuts. The importance of root vegetables was recognized by Dr. Norman Walker, the famous nutritionist, who emphasized that they are rich in essential minerals and vitamins. In his book, "Diet and Salad", he recommended that we include raw potatoes, yams, parsnips, rutabagas and turnips in our diet by grinding, grating or chopping them and adding to salads. Most people don't find these raw starch foods appetizing.
    site: http://www.newveg.av.org/staffoflife.htm

I think the main danger from eating raw potatoes would be if you didn't wash them properly.

Now you can wash your raw potatoes down with a carton of egg beater

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Your a beast....
    w00t

actually if u let it dissolve in ur mouth, it turns into sugar.
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Just for some added info, when you leave the skin on the potatoe, there is some added fiber and nutrients in it
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Originally posted by Ironman8
    Just for some added info, when you leave the skin on the potatoe, there is some added fiber and nutrients in it
    i think that goes for almost every fruit/vegtable with skin. ive even heard that the crust of the bread is the healthiest part (has the most nutrients). just a couple tips so in other words, leave the skin-on. unless its chicken or somthing
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Originally posted by raniali
    actually if u let it dissolve in ur mouth, it turns into sugar.
    yeah well if im in your mouth.....jesus im sorry shoulda saved this for PM.

anyways thanks guys for the info, i knew i couldnt trust the general population, or army of morons as i call them.

and i couldnt eat the skin, thats just gross

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    They might have a high anti nutrient content, like beans and gains that need to be cooked in order to neutralize it's effects. Not sure though, so I'll check it out later when I have the time.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
    ive even heard that the crust of the bread is the healthiest part (has the most nutrients).
    Cool, I never knew the crust has more nutrients also! I'll keep that in mind.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Originally posted by GhettoSmurf

i think that goes for almost every fruit/vegtable with skin. ive even heard that the crust of the bread is the healthiest part (has the most nutrients). just a couple tips so in other words, leave the skin-on. unless its chicken or somthing
    u know, i think we have all heard this but i have been wondering lately whether that is an old-wives' tale or not. i mean, the crust only forms during the baking process and is basically the same components of the dough as the "bread" itself. this part of the dough has been exposed to more heat and therefore changes color and texture ... so how would it actually contain more nutrients????
    Size is SEXY!

My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

webbie -- very tactful.
    wank
    Size is SEXY!

Originally posted by raniali

u know, i think we have all heard this but i have been wondering lately whether that is an old-wives' tale or not. i mean, the crust only forms during the baking process and is basically the same components of the dough as the "bread" itself. this part of the dough has been exposed to more heat and therefore changes color and texture ... so how would it actually contain more nutrients????
    like i said, thats just what ive heard. and i mean either way, im going to eat the crust weather it is just as good or better then the bread itself.

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    It does not have more nutrients...
    w00t

Success Nourishes Hope Shankerr's Avatar
    I think probably the biggest risk of eating raw potatoes is the fact that doing so places a nasty tasting object into your mouth.
    Let me get this straight...
    You get play from the girl of your dreams
    PR Shoulder Press using the 3 digit dumbells
    Hit up some fun with the guys
    Then get more play
    (all in one afternoon/evening I might add.. S)
    You are a success my friend . Share your secrets. (Crippy)

rookiebldr says:
    As for the weight gain, that too shouldn't be a problem, just tell them your leaning out. Then flex your bi and tell them to ****ing get lost.
    Shane says:
    yeah or throw something at them
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's