Thread: Fat

Fat

Okay, quick question, if products with partially hydrogenated ingredients(soybean oil, whey peptides, other oils) are high in trans fatty acids(unhealthy), but the fat content says 0 on the nutritional label, is the nutritional label wrong, or is the fat not have sufficient enough value to be labeled?

oh, and what is the difference between partially hydrogenated and partially hydrogenized?

which partially hydrogenated ingredients are highest in trans fatty acids, all?
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

Re: Fat

Originally posted by SoulOfKoRea
    Okay, quick question, if products with partially hydrogenated ingredients(soybean oil, whey peptides, other oils) are high in trans fatty acids(unhealthy), but the fat content says 0 on the nutritional label, is the nutritional label wrong, or is the fat not have sufficient enough value to be labeled?
    The nutrition label does not have to take into account trans fatty acids. Have you ever added up the macros and not gotten the exact calorie content? I believe the there was talk at one time of the FDA requiring trans fats to be listed in the nutrition facts but I am unaware of any updated information on this.

oh, and what is the difference between partially hydrogenated and partially hydrogenized?
    I believe it is the same thing.

which partially hydrogenated ingredients are highest in trans fatty acids, all?
    Not really sure about this.
    Last edited by bradley; 05-07-2003 at 02:32 PM.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Here's a good artice on the different fats

http://www.mercola.com/2002/aug/17/saturated_fat1.htm
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....