Thread: getting up in the middle of the night for food

the kid from oz

getting up in the middle of the night for food

a guy at the gym told me the other day of how he gets up at 3 in the morning for a meal and i was just wondering is this guy out of his mind or is it common?? how many of you guys climb out of your warm cosey bed in the middle of the night for a bite

i usually have some cottage cheese and natty PB right before i go to bed...

but as for waking up in the middle of the night to eat i dont. i only wake up if i need to use the bathroom.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Ya, alot of hardcore body builders get up in the middle of the night to eat so catabolism won't occur.

As Ghettosmurf, I also eat something high in protein and fat to hold me throughout the night.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Actually it is pretty common for someone to do that. I use to wake up in the middles of the night and down a MPR, use the bathroom and then go back to sleep.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

i guess i mean what by what i said is that, if you wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and want to quickly down an MRP or somthing thats fine IMO. but i dont think i'd go as far as setting my alarm clock for 3am just to grab a snack.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Tiny and Mighty
    when i get up in the middle of the night (if im not in a drunken haze after urinating) I make my way down the stairs. Into the fridge. And eat some tuna

I went through a phase where I would wake up in the middle of the night so hungry that I couldn't go back to sleep until I ate. Even after having a snack before going to bed. I upped my calories even more than I already had throughout the day, and I haven't woken up w/hunger pains ever since...Having said that I'll probably wake up tonight.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    This may be a useless question, but what time do you guys usually wake up to eat?
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

in the morning? or during the night? during the night when i wake up its natural(becuase i have to pee) which is usually between 1-2am (i go to bed about 10pm).