The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Warmup routine

Warmup routine

What way do you guys warmup for your sets:

ie. what's the exact way you perform your routine?, warmups, work sets included

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

It really depends on the exercise. Sqauts, dead, benches I do some low reps then single reps up to the weight I am planning on doing for my first set.
    Other exercises usually 1 set of light reps for 10. depending if I am already a been working out. That is less warm up for exercise in the middle of work out, that I have already warmed up a little doing other exercises. After doing rows I don't do much warmup for curls, 1 quick set of 10 reps.

I just set the weight to 1/2 of my max weight, then do that 12 reps, slowly...
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

Just do what ever it amount it takes to get the elasticity in your muscles and blood flowing to them. There is no exact way to do an exercise when it comes to fitness. It's all about doing what works for you properly and safely.
    "Why is there always time to do things twice, but never time to do things right?"

But do you warm-up for every execise or just every muscle group?
    sometimes slowly

My stats:
    Age - 43
    ht - 5' - 7"
    wt - 152 lbs
    bf% - 10.5%
    pipe dream goal 175 lbs @ 10% bf
    making the switch to power lifting

I think you should do a warm-up set for each exercise to get your muscles prepared for the weight and stress you'll be putting on it, and it could help prevent injury, also, it's a very good idea to stretch before and after your entire workout(do some light jogging before for about 5-10 minutes, don't stretch a cold muscle because it could tear)
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.