Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depression

Wannabebig Member lifelessrobot's Avatar

Depression

What do you do when you feel depressed?
    I feel depressed every now and then, especially on weekends. I am on lexapro,remeron and zyprexa. I started this since I got into terrible depression after the break up with my gf. I dont think it is helping me.

Any thing you would like to share with me on how do you go about when you feel depressed and down and out(if at all, I hope you are not that unlucky as I am ).

Thanks
    Last edited by lifelessrobot; 05-07-2003 at 02:46 PM.

I used to get depressed. Then I spoke to a friend, possibly the wisest person I know who said;

"Wheres the fun in being depressed?"

I'm happy
    half the time I have no idea what you're talking about. the other half, I'm not listening.

i get depressed too after i broke up with my gf, i do thing to keep my mind off of it, like playing basketball and other activities. go out with your friends and have a good time. but if you are on medication i think it might be a little more serious then mine. 3 pill seems a lot for depression, but im not a MD. maybe you should see a therapist
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

Originally posted by mikey4402
    i get depressed too after i broke up with my gf, i do thing to keep my mind off of it, like playing basketball and other activities. go out with your friends and have a good time. but if you are on medication i think it might be a little more serious then mine. 3 pill seems a lot for depression, but im not a MD. maybe you should see a therapist
    :withstupi

Also, maybe you should pick a more "happy" name than lifelessrobot
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

I started this since I got into terrible depression after the break up with my gf. I dont think it is helping me.
    I don't think the pills are neccessary. Probably therapy though.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

I wonder how cave men did it with out pills and therapy?
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

Cave hit each other with clubs, enough said.
    When i get depressed I write.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Write down what goals you want to accomplish, and go for it
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Originally posted by steveo
    When i get depressed I write.
    Me too, got a nice collection of Y2A depression songs
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

i dont get why people just start popping pills when they're in a 'depression'. i think depressions are a natural way of life and that one should try to cope with it naturally.

funny how studies where a placebo is used as an antidepressant, they sometimes work better than the actual thing.

robot, acceptance! accept that she is gone, and move on. sure it hurts, everyone has been hurt, but now this is more time for you to focus on your goals
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    Originally posted by SquareHead
    I wonder how cave men did it with out pills and therapy?
    They didn't have much time to worry about it, since they didn't live much past about 20...

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

Wannabebig Member
    Yea, I went through that whole gf breakup depression thing recently too. I'm starting to get over it. I think the best thing to do is just keep yourself busy. Its hard at first, but if you find things you like to do and always stay occupied you tend to dwell less and less on the past.

Mystic Eric

Re: Depression

Originally posted by lifelessrobot
    What do you do when you feel depressed?
    I feel depressed every now and then, especially on weekends. I am on lexapro,remeron and zyprexa. I started this since I got into terrible depression after the break up with my gf. I dont think it is helping me.

Any thing you would like to share with me on how do you go about when you feel depressed and down and out(if at all, I hope you are not that unlucky as I am ).

Thanks
    Let me tell you something, if your depression is because of a chemical imbalance, great, use drugs, get your seritonin levels back to normal, and seek help if you have to.

However, you should not be depressed because of a girl. That's just ridiculous. You gotta realize that no one can make you happy if you're not happy with yourself. Don't use a girl as a clutch to your happiness.

I honestly think that the best thing for you to do is to see a Psychiatrist to work out what ever insecurities you have so you can enjoy life again.

Good luck.

Thanks all.

And Mystic Eric, that was a good advice. This depression came only after this break up. I wont ruin my life for a girl. **** that bitch. I will survive.
    I am the great cornholio

Originally posted by lifelessrobot
    **** that bitch.
    Thats what I like to hear! Unleash that anger and frustration, it does you no good inside
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

This MAY sound kind of goofy but I find depression a fantastic motivational tool......do I enjoy being depressed hell no....but I like being able to put the headphones on crank up the loudest,most intense music I've got and cranking out 30 minutes of solid intense cardio......then hit the shower......that's my 2 cents worth ... skip the drugs if possible.

Depression is a state of mind and itís possible to change your state of mind through focus.

Youíll find depressed people generally have negative body language (slumped, tired etc) and ask themselves the wrong types of questions. Why canít I ever do anything right etc? How can you expect to get out of depression by asking yourself negative questions?

If I am feeling down, I generally try and be energetic, and focus/be grateful for the positive.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? Ė My Training Journal

Actually Ferry Corsten
    man i feel your pain guys. I was with my girl for 3 years. We broke up 2 years ago and I have been on a downward spiral since. I thought I would be better by now....obviously not. Get used to it. I don't think the pain ever really goes away. It just fades every now and then. I've had to really struggle to get my career off the ground. As you know, losing the love of your life has to be the most devastating thing anyone will experience in their life
    it's easier to fly, then to face another day in the southern sun

Strongman
    Ummm...Move out of New York City! THAT"s the problem.
    Four-Time World's Strongest Man

Originally posted by Magnus
    Ummm...Move out of New York City! THAT"s the problem.
    yes, the NYC dating scene is horrible. Its more about one night stands rather than love.
    I am the great cornholio

Lifelessrobot - don't get sad - get mad...

Let your built-up anxieties/sadness come out in the gym... Get FURIOUS with the weight and DESTROY it...
    Our time on this earth is soo short - don't let life pass you by in a state of depression....

Keep yourself continuously occupied - you shouldn't have the TIME to get depressed.....
    The old F40 is BACK, cocky grinning, smiling and happy.... at last! (with a few more lbs of muscle too!)

Originally posted by F40
    Lifelessrobot - don't get sad - get mad...

Let your built-up anxieties/sadness come out in the gym... Get FURIOUS with the weight and DESTROY it...
    Our time on this earth is soo short - don't let life pass you by in a state of depression....

Keep yourself continuously occupied - you shouldn't have the TIME to get depressed.....
    Thanks, I am working on it.
    I am the great cornholio

I was with my gf for 4 years. The last year was alot of off and on. It was finaly over for good because she hooked up with somone who was one of my best friends. I lost my gf and what I thought was a great friend at the same time. I turned to my real friends. They were the greatest help to me. They let me talk out my anger and hurt and after that was over they took me to get loaded. I don't know if you have friends that great, but for like 3 months straight I listened to thier advice and most of all let them help me to cheer up and inevidably become happy again. Just remeber people aren't just trying to cheer you up, they usually care because we've all been through it. Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.
    "Why is there always time to do things twice, but never time to do things right?"

Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.

No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry.
    "Why is there always time to do things twice, but never time to do things right?"