I've spent a few days reading Justin Frank's "Application of Physiology to Bodybuilding".(Meaning that I've read it over and over again all the while dissecting it like a fresh pound of Alaskan King Crab legs for that last bit of delicously sweet meat in the furthest depths of the claw. Mmmmm...crab legs.) As usual I have more questions afterwards than I did before reading. If you haven't read the article please take the time to do so. It can be found in the training archives. Please don't post a response until you've read and have a grasp on what is going on. I already have plenty of misinformation to sift through.

Here goes...
In my 7+ years of experience, 4 of which I will consider to be thoroughly dedicated, I've attempted a truck load of different rep/set/split schemes. What I've found to be most effective for me is a version of HIT that Degsta worked out for me to try. I modified it a bit for the end result, but as is always the case I'm looking for a better way to train. If you're curious here is the four-day split not counting warm-ups:
Day 1 Chest/Bi's
Bench 3*4-8
Incline DB 2*6-10
Machine flies 2*8-15
Straight bar curls 2*6-10
DB curls 1*8-12

Day2 Legs/Traps
Squat 2-3*4-8
SLDL 1-2*6-10
Leg Ext 1-2*8-15
Abductor 1*8-15
BB Shrugs 2-3*4-8
DB Shrugs 1-2*8-15

Day 4 Delts/Tris/Calves
Mil Press 2*4-8
Side Lateral 2*8-15
Rear fly 2*8-15
Rotator cuff 1*15
Seated calf raise 2*8-15
Standing raise 2*8-15
Close grip bench 2*6-10 or Weighted dips 2*6-10
Pushdown 1*8-15

Day 5 Back/Legs
Deadlift 2-3*4-8
Pulldowns 3*4-10
DB Row 2*6-10
Pullovers 1*6-15
Leg Curl 2*6-12
Adductor 1*8-15

As you can see I'm staying heavy with low reps on my compound movements and lighter on my "isolation" movements. Heavy sets are to failure. Iso approaches and reaches failure often. Which is consistent with the article. Here's my first question...
How am I ranking on isolation movements, too many, too few?
If too few what do you feel should be added and where?

I know that squats are not deadlifts and deadlifts are not squats, but after incorporating deadlifts into my back routine about a year and a half ago I've noticed that my other back exercises are not progressing near as nicely. (I had no idea what a deadlift was before that time.) I am thoroughly fried after those first few sets and usually end up dragging through the remaining workout.
Question two...
Has anyone here rotated leg workouts week to week from squats to deadlifts? If so, what type of results had you?
I wouldn't do SLDL on the same day as Deads i would probably substitute Hacks to push the quads a little more.
This would also allow me to put BB rows back in the mix. Lower back couldn't take it after Deads. I'm thinking that would also leave me enough energy to do chins instead of pulldowns.

What has kept me from trying this approach was the advice from a trainer at my gym who urged me to keep Squats, Deads, and Benching as the core of my week to week routine (again consistent with the article). I might have discredited his advice originally, but he is an accomplished lifter/bodybuilder. (5'9" 195lbs 8% Bench 360+, Squat 500+, Dead 525+. Competes natural. B.S. in Sports medicine. I think he has enough credentials, you?)

For your own curiosity I feel that I have my diet under control. I'm able to gain weight when I want and lose it when I want. Usually slower than I want to, but nonetheless it happens. Currently I'm 6'2" about 220 at 11% (calipers). I'm down 10 lbs and 3% from two months ago. Yea, cutting.

Thanx in advance for your input. It is alwayz appreciated.