The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Shoulder & elbow pains...help!

Hi im 16 and have been lifting for 2 years off & on. I recnetly switcched from strict power routines to bodybuilding. I've always had an off and on pain in my shoulder but now as i bench its becoming more severe, severe as in my BB bench going from 250lbs to not even being able to push up 230lbs. I was throwing a football for awhile and started feeling and aching in my elbow and it got worse and worse same with my shoulder. Im only 16 and having all these problems. im about 5'7 at 165lbs. I dont know what to do though. today for my chest i only did close flys.
    I try rotator work but the pain still persists. Im thinking my joints arent caught up with my muscle strength. I also need help with a bodybuilding/mass routine if possible but thats secondary.
    Thank You.....

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Seems like a hell of a lot of weight to be lifting at your size

Anyway, get to a physio and get your rotator cuffs looked at mate, it sounds very much like what I've been going through for a the last year.

Wannabebig Member
    Oh ya? they will jsut tell me to stop lifting. I dont want to stop. I mean im taking it really east on anything to do with my shoulders.

You've got 2 options here kid:

1. Listen to someone who's gone through what you're going through, made the mistake of pushing through and wasted lots of time injured.

2. Keep training and waste a lot of time injured.

Just get the thing looked at, you might find that you will only miss out a few weeks if you do it now, if not you might miss a year or even never get the injury right again.

You Choose.

Every day is Bench day
    Cortizone and rest. I had a pain in my elbow for about 4-5 months. Got a shot of Cortizone. I completely stopped doing skullcrushers and it seemed to get rid of it (knock on wood).

Take some time off. You will crave the gym more when you are healthy again. I'm currently on a 2 month hiatus from the gym (motivation has been really lackin) and I am just now getting around to start fiendin for the iron again. The ONLY thing good about 24 hr fitness is that it is open right now so that I can go get my fix.

b20

I would really hate to know there is a real doctor out there that would inject a 16 year old for joint pain. Listen to these guys, man. I think the good advice is to take a break and come back on a somewhat less intense routine. You're 16, you got plenty of time. Don't risk it all to an early injury that may haunt you for a long time.

Wannabebig Member
    i injured my shoulder about a month back. i rested for a bout a week and then went back to a lighter training schedule and i haven't done a direct shoulder workout for about a month now and im gonna wait a littl ebit more just to be sure. i have full ROM and no pain..but now i injured my other shoulder so im ****ed again...

Originally posted by bucknall20
    Cortizone and rest.

Rest - Yes

Cortizone - No tuttut

What ever you do, try and stay away from that option as long as you possibly can, you shouldn't need it.

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks everyone! but what do you say about leg work? I went in today and did some really light cable curls and tri extensions....