The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

need a low budget diet for bulking or cutting

iam in bad situation with money right now iam still going to school college. so does anybody have any ideas on cheap grocery list that will fullfill my needs. Lately i have been eating junk food all the time and it has been taking a toll on my body

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

decide on bulking or cutting first, then we can help

oh, and how much you can spend on groceries
    Last edited by SoulOfKoRea; 05-08-2003 at 03:19 PM.
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

Wannabebig Member
    cutting roughly $50 or $100

tuna, eggs, oats, dried beans, peanut butter, ww bread, brown rice, canned foods (vegetables), milk, sweet potatoes

Check out the grocery store flyers that you receive in the mail and look for sales. I know I check around each month and can usually find different lean cuts of meat and other products on sale at different grocery stores. It takes a little more effort but you can save a bundle if you stock up. Buy the stuff like brown rice in big bags as they are usually cheaper if you buy in a larger quantity.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Also, you can look for cheap chicken sandwhiches in some fast food places (if you ever go out). Alot of them sell for 99c.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

tuna, eggs, (both very cheap) and watch for the specials from your local store. if they have chicken on sale, then buy a bunch of it and stock up
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Also, packed turkey breasts are pretty cheap.

Wannabebig Member
    thanks alot guys , I have one more question. Can anybody give me a sample diet plan for the day , like what to eat at what time of the day and how much

Dieting cost a lot of money. I spend more money when I cut then bulk. When I'm short on money I survive of tuna and rice.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

Originally posted by bobomonkey
    thanks alot guys , I have one more question. Can anybody give me a sample diet plan for the day , like what to eat at what time of the day and how much
    Well it is really hard to do this seeing as how everybody is different. As far as calories go we have no idea what you weigh, your activity level, metabolism, ect. These factors would all be important in figuring out your daily caloric intake.

Just try and get some protein, low GI carbs, and healthy fats in with each meal. Here are some examples of some easy meals but again you would have to adjust the amounts to fit your calorie needs.

breakfast
    eggs/egg whites
    oats

snack
    ww bread with natural peanut butter
    glass of milk

meal option
    can of tuna
    black beans
    few peanuts

You need to try and get 1g of protein per lb. of bw and an adequate amount of healthy fats in your diet. As far as calories just adjust calories in small increments each week until you are losing a small amount of weight each week (approx. 1lb). For example if you are eating 2500 cals per day this week and you maintain your weight throughout the week then next week you should drop cals to 2300 per day and then see how your body responds. Do this each week until you are losing the desired amount of weight each week. You can use a site like www.fitday.com to help you track you cals.

it would almost be easier for you to post us your diet, and then we can all critique it from there
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Remember to bulk clean

Wannabebig Member
    so i guess i will have to survive on tuna and rice. what kind of rice should i have white rice or brown. Can i have the tuna with mayo .

so i guess i will have to survive on tuna and rice. what kind of rice should i have white rice or brown. Can i have the tuna with mayo .
    I would go with the brown rice and yeah you can use mayo just don't go overboard with it.

Banned
    'real food' is so much cheaper than junk food I'd think you should have little problem

good point, the demand for junk food is higher for the demand of quality food. Therefore the price of junk food is higher. Anyways tuna, eggs, chicken, veggies buy it at a wholesale place like P.J. or walmart. That saves money.
    Life isn't like Burger King, you can't always have it your way.

Hamburger is good source of cheap protein. Just drain the grease. Also sometime decent prices on whole chickens. I usually see chickens for $3 something. watch for sales.

Originally posted by Berserker
    Hamburger is good source of cheap protein.
    I would rather buy a chicken sandwhich rather than a hamburger

he means like from a grocery store. not mcdonalds

LOL! But still, those are good things to buy if he goes out on the town or something

Yeah, A quarter pounder with cheese is an excellent source of protein, carbs and EFA.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

yes with a side of super-sized fries for some extra complex carbs and more EFA's

Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
    yes with a side of super-sized fries for some extra complex carbs and more EFA's
    Heh heh, yup.

By the way, did you hear that Mcdonald's is frying their french fries in healthier oil now? I wonder if it's safe to start eating french fries now...

Originally posted by Ironman8

Heh heh, yup.

By the way, did you hear that Mcdonald's is frying their french fries in healthier oil now? I wonder if it's safe to start eating french fries now...
    I would hope that you are joking.

It may not be healthy but I imagine there is better types of oil to use. Also if you deep fry at home you'll notice the oil level doesn't go down that much and you can wipe alot off. I wonder how much your getting? I love chopping a potato up and throwing in the fry daddy. Been almost a year. I think the oil is still in the fridge too. Need to clean that out, free up some space.