Thread: calories and meal timing

calories and meal timing

well ive been considering a lot about meal timing and calorie intake lately. and i was just wondering somthing.

i know your weight and weight-gain is determined by calories in and calories out, same with fat gain in a sense.

but what if someone ate their maintenance calories , but right before bed, they usually have ice cream, or a chocolate bar, or basically somthing along those lines. could they still gain weight and/or fat even though they are eating their maintenance calories, all becuase of their meal timing?
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Your body is smarter than that. It is more about overall energy balance. Whether you eat the chocolate bar in the morning or at night it is not going to matter. Here is a post by Lyle McDonald on the topic:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=me...onr.com&rnum=3
    Last edited by bradley; 05-11-2003 at 09:00 AM.

thanks for the link, it was a good read.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    I usually don't eat anything before bed because I might throw up since I'm lying down. But I don't think it would lead to weight gain.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....