Thread: needed: Brown rice and Sweet potato recp!

needed: Brown rice and Sweet potato recp!

I really dislike the taste of both the above mentioned foods, anyone have a good way to prepair them to hide the blandness? Im not talkin about just butter and salt, I need some real cover up reciepies!!
    Last edited by thatdaveguy; 12-11-2002 at 04:30 PM.
    the only things holding you back are the limitations in your mind, not your body.

I cooked some venesion today hot salsa and tomato sauce with some onions, simmer real low about 75 minutes, was good on brown rice. The salsa by itelf might be, sure not bland. You find sweet potaos bland? What do you eat?
    Last edited by Berserker; 12-11-2002 at 07:59 PM.

Sweet potatoes bland?...when i cook sweet potatoes, i slice them up real thin, like potato chips, spray a cookie sheet with pam olive oil cooking spray, put the chips on the cookie sheet, then spray the tops of the potatoes with cooking spray, bake for 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees, very good stuff.
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

For brown rice, there are a lot of things you can do, but what i recommend is to boil up your rice, pan simmer some beef or chicken, if its chicken make sure its cubed, sautee the brown rice with the chicken, i like to throw in garlic and cajun seasoning, lets the flavors mix a lil and then serve, its not all that bad, and a lot better than plain brown rice.
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Success Nourishes Hope Shankerr's Avatar
    hey pup, do you peel the sweet potatos before ya bake them? Or just leave the skin on.?.?
    Let me get this straight...
    You get play from the girl of your dreams
    PR Shoulder Press using the 3 digit dumbells
    Hit up some fun with the guys
    Then get more play
    (all in one afternoon/evening I might add.. S)
    You are a success my friend . Share your secrets. (Crippy)

rookiebldr says:
    As for the weight gain, that too shouldn't be a problem, just tell them your leaning out. Then flex your bi and tell them to ****ing get lost.
    Shane says:
    yeah or throw something at them
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's

omg that sounds good
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    Bake a sweet potato just like you would a white potato. WHen it's done, slice it open and sprinkle on some Splenda (or sugar) and some cinnamon.

Or boil them like you would white potatoes, then mash them with a little orange juice, add sweetener, cinnamon/nutmeg, and maybe some chopped walnut or almonds.

Boil brown rice in low-sodium chicken broth along with some minced onion and celery, parsely, black pepper, thyme, a pinch of sage, and maybe a dash of basil. It'll taste more like stuffing than rice.

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

Banned
    mashed sweet potatoes taste good with cinnamon and apple sauce mixed in with 'em.

try it

P.S. if you're lazy you don't even have to really COOK the sweet potato.. cut it into quarters and put it in the microwave for 5-6 mins. then peel off the skin and it oughta mash up real easily
    Last edited by Relentless; 05-02-2003 at 08:09 AM.

Originally posted by Callahan
    mashed sweet potatoes taste good with cinnamon and apple sauce mixed in with 'em.

try it
    OMG mashed sweet potatoes. That's an awesome Idea!

I've never thought of that before. I'll have to try that.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee