Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Wikked Sensations

Yeah I am begining to see that I can gain a lot just from listening....thanks Mik and GhettoSmurf.....you guys give me ideas that don't occur to me......I look at protein and carb content (as well as the sugars) but never really had any thing to compare it to.....more healthy fats....and less sugar....goodbye flavored oatmeal.....hello black coffee......last mesotech bar today.......damn things are LOADED with sugar. and I didn't really pay a lot of attention to it until my wife said something. I ordered a bunch of premier 1 bars ( I like those) even though they do have some sugar it's sucralose (Sugar Alcohol) but it's far less than the Mesotech bar......I'm gonna peek in on your journals and see if I can pick up some better ideas for my diet guys......I'm checking what you are eating......thanks for the help!!! Any ideas please feel free to share!

Date Exercise Set# Weight Reps
    5/16/2003 Wide Grip Pull Ups
    1 bw 7
    2 bw 5
    3 bw 4
    4 bw -50 7
    5 bw -50 7
    Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs
    1 160 7
    2 160 5
    3 140 7
    4 140 7
    5 120 7

Lo Rows
    1 180 7
    2 180 7
    3 160 6
    4 160 6
    5 150 7

OH Tri Press
    1 95 6
    2 90 6
    3 85 5
    4 80 5
    5 75 5

Tri Press downs
    1 170 7
    2 170 5
    3 160 6
    4 160 5
    5 140 7
    5/17/2003 Squats
    Concentrating on getting 1 225 7
    deeper w/Squats I am not 2 225 7
    going to failure on these 3 225 7
    No desire to be laid up 4 225 6
    for any length of time. 5 225 6

Leg Curls
    1 120 7
    2 120 5
    3 110 7
    4 110 6
    5 100 7

Leg Extensions
    Wanted more Quad work 1 230 7
    I haven't used the hand 2 250 6
    rail on the stairs after leg 3 250 5
    day in quite a while 4 240 5
    5 230 5

Standing BB curls
    1 65 7
    2 85 7
    3 85 5
    4 85 4
    5 65 7

DB preacher curls
    1 40 7
    2 45 6
    3 45 5
    4 45 4
    5 45 4
    Abs 5 bw 20-30

good workout man. and with the diet, simple changes can go a LONG way, believe me. And the trick is to find ways to make food that is good for you, taste good. Like with the oatmeal for example. Switch to the un-flavored kind, and if you dont like it, try adding some cinnamon to it. To add a sugar substitute like equal or splenda. Same with the coffee, try using a sugar substitute instead of sugar. I know that i personally LOVE iced tea, but i only like it sweetend with sugar, and i used to put loads and loads of sugar in my iced tea. well, i eventually said to myself, why dont i just add some sugar substitute (splenda) instead of the sugar. to me i cant tell a difference in taste, and i eliminated the sugar from the iced tea

good luck!
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Nice workout Wikked. Looks like you're making some nice progress.

Well here I am again....workout yesterday was great ......the difference between 5 sets and 2 sets really sets in as I started my second sets yesterday.....I did take your advice guys....black coffee this am and decided black coffee sucks and I never liked it any way so I had maybe 3 ounces and said BLECH....what do I want more? ABS or COFFEE the answer was SIMPLE!!! I grabbed my water bottle downed my vitamins and NO2 and hit the treadmill for 28 mins this morning....this is the first time I left it level vs. inclined.....level is simpler so I had to kick of the speed to get into my fat burning zone....the other thing I did was scarf a ginseng instead of caffiene ......and I can handle the oatmeal & cream of wheat straight w/ the protein powder......piece of cake!
    Thanks for the advise guys cause not only did I kill the coffee this am ...my usual stop at Dunkin Donut (STRICTLY for the coffee) has been eliminated......that's $2.00 a day more in my pocket.....yeah some things really are this easy for me.....coffee who needs it? How is that possible? I quit smoking ....the 24th it will be 11 months ago....that was the hardest thing I have ever done....so coca-cola was a snap.....and coffee as well........sugar I will have to watch out for......but eliminating it where I can.....that's easy too! I skipped my post workout shake last night because I wolfed down a big steak dinner when I got home and I prefer real food when I can btu sometimes it's just impossible to eat real food in the right amounts and times.....it's early I'll have to see how the lack of caffiene affects me later this afternoon.

MY work out

5/19/2003 Hammer Strength Press 1 200 4
    2 180 6
    Flat bench db right after HSP 1 75 1
    2 75 4
    3 85 4
    Incline db Strip sets 1 70 4
    55 1
    2 70 5
    55 4
    Incline Flies 1 45 7
    2 45 7
    3 45 7

Shoulder Press 1 110 5
    90 2
    2 115 4
    95 2
    75 2

Seated Lateral Raise 1 30 3
    25 4

2 25 6

abs 2 bw 30
    My Diet
    5/19/2003 6:00 AM 6 oz Coffee w/Sugar
    8:00 AM 8 oz Coffee w/Sugar
    9:00 AM Apples & Cinnnamon + (2) Scoops Juiced Protein
    10:00 AM Still sipping coffee……..switch to H20
    12:00 PM Nitrotech Bar
    32 oz water
    1:00 PM Spaghetti & Meatballs & HOT sausage
    6 oz spaghetti and 5 oz sauce & Goodies
    This should cover my fat & Carbs easily for today….
    1:45 PM Handful Cashews…..(shoulda ate more spaghetti but I'm saving
    some for later pre workout)
    3:00 PM Spaghetti & Meatballs & HOT sausage
    6 oz spaghetti and 5 oz sauce & Goodies
    3:15 PM Ultramet Shake
    4:30 PM 1 banana
    1 pear
    6:15 PM 10 oz Steak
    8 oz Fried potatoes
    6 oz Tropicana Twister
    8:10 PM THE LAST MESOTECH BAR!!!

5/20/2003 5:45 AM 3 oz black coffee
    6:00 AM 20 oz Water
    8:15 AM Plain Oatmeal & @ Scoops Juiced protein
    10:15 AM Small handful pretzel rods….
    10:25 AM 32 oz water
    10:30 AM damn I am hungry!
    1 oz cashews
    12:00 PM 1 Nitrotech bar
    32 oz water
    1:00 PM 6 oz steak
    8 oz fried potatoes
    1:40 PM YAWNING missing the caffeine affects I'm sure
    2:20 PM 1 Pretzel Rod
    3:10 PM Ultramet Strawberry
    4:15 PM 1 banana
    4:45 PM 1 banana
    I'm really wondering if I am doing the right thing here with the pre-workout shake.....I seem to be very hungry today........not sure why......the lack of some coffee??? Not sure......the reason I started with the pre workout shake was to insure I meet my protein quota each day between 2 shakes & a bar & 2 scoops I get around 160 so I am sure I run hi on the protein content.....OH well I'm dead ass tired partly because I slept like crap last night.....and very little coffee.....workout should be interesting but it's only 2 sets so once I am in there I get motivated........maybe I'm conserving my energy here for that!!!

5/20/2003 W Grip Pull Ups
    1 bw 7
    2 bw 5
    Lat Pull Down
    1 200 5
    2 180 6

Lo Row
    1 180 7
    2 180 5
    Deads
    (Very easy on these to see 1 170 7
    how the ache in my ass/leg 2 170 7
    reacts to them )
    Shrugs
    1 240 7
    2 240 7
    Seated OH Tri press
    1 100 4
    2 90 6
    Dips 1 & 2 bw 7
    I will have to start doing these
    with added weight next time I
    do this workout……
    Ever get the feeling that some things just aren't working? I get that feeling about lat pull downs and wide grip pull ups.....I perform the exercise.....and PLENTY of weight for me BUT still I don't feel these unless I perform pull downs behind my head.....YEAH I know guys look at me weird cause they all do it to their chests but I don't feel it in my lats........I am having my doubts about the effectiveness of this split.....it doesn't seem to hit any particular body part HARD.......and maybe I'm just sadistic but I think I was more satisfied with a more traditional split......specific body parts I want to emphasize just don't seem to be benefitting from this workout.......although my bench press strength has shot way up.......75's were enough for me but now....I'm pretty sure I could do a couple solid unspotted reps with the 90s........another member of the gym has been pushing me to do drop sets.....and considering his build I know he has great success with it....so I am sitting here this morning wondering what to do....I consider this 2 set week more of recovery than anything else.....so many questions and so many opinions.......so few real answers ......

Changing the split may be a good thing for you specially if you dont feel good w/ what you have now. Im sure you could find a ton of good ones online on different sites. I found a great one for myself on www.bodybuilding.com. Keep up the good work you have a nice journal going.
    " ...if all else fails, just whip out those b'normous biceps!!!!!!! Teh lad33z <3 teh str3ngth!"- McIrish

"An Irishman has an abiding sense of tragedy which sustains him through temporary periods of joy..."

"When a man is in love, is jealous, and has been whipped by the Inquisition, he is no longer himself..."- Voltaire

Date Time
    5/21/2003 6:25 PM 2 Boneless Chicken Breasts
    1/2 Cup White rice
    4 oz tropicana twister
    7:50 PM 1/2 Ultramet shake
    8:45 PM Uturn Bar
    5/22/2003 6:00 AM 20 OZ water
    8:10 AM Premier 1 Bar
    9:15 AM 2 oz strawberries
    10:10 AM Premier 1 Bar
    10:30 AM 32 oz water
    2 altoids
    to eliminate
    nasty protein breathe
    12:30 PM 6 oz Baked Ham on WW Bagel & Mustard
    1/2 oz CB cheddar
    1:20 PM 32 oz water
    3:00 PM uturn bar
    4:15 PM Ultramet
    4:50 PM Banana
    Weight training......it's my day off...........good thing cause my a$$ is dragging.......and that's why I decided to take Wed. off......give my body a break......still researching a new training split........thanks to the www.bodybuilding.com link I think that may be the help I need.......it makes sense on paper....but those 1RM I'll need to research that I guess......stay tuned!

Hopefully youll find a good split on there. There should be one it seems that they have a wide variety of splits....
    " ...if all else fails, just whip out those b'normous biceps!!!!!!! Teh lad33z <3 teh str3ngth!"- McIrish

"An Irishman has an abiding sense of tragedy which sustains him through temporary periods of joy..."

"When a man is in love, is jealous, and has been whipped by the Inquisition, he is no longer himself..."- Voltaire

i also have a few ideas on some spilts (if you want my advice) shoot me a PM or post on here if you need any help or anything
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

I have picked up some fantastic info in my short time here....that's why I love this place! Any way yesterday was a rest day for the weights I did my sworn duty and hammered out 24 minutes on the treadmill this morning. I decided I would step up to 4 cardio sessions a week but keep them a little shorter.....so I don't get stuck in a rut. Fitday.com sure made my diet tracking easier and (YEAH BABY) now I get a nice little graph that tells me about the macro nutrients of my diet (BEST PART is I DON'T have to write any code ) (I was considering it because the diet is such a hassle...) I recommend it to ANY ONE who wants to keep track of their diet....it's an awesome tool....and best of all the PRICE IS right! I will finish out my split this week but I picked up something from bodybuilding.com that I want to investigate......makes sense on virtual paper to me........and yeah I'll see if I can adjust my diet a little easier now too.....(That was always a pain in the a$$ because I would be stuck with essentially the same foods each day....all these great sights.....damn now all I need is another 35 lbs. of lean mass ......YAWNS I slept like sh*t last night.....late night session and I thought I'd need 2 of the wife's stacker 2s to stay up but the crap kept me up tossing and turning well past my bedtime....OH well let that be a lesson to you ......no stacker 2 anywhere NEAR dinner time........I wanted a little pick me up not a keep me awake all night capsule....but soon as these NO2 are finished (I upped them to 10 a day ) I'll put the stacker2 to good use to see if will help me rid myself of this body fat....good stuff I stayed awake through the most boring garbage!! (But I will sleep good tonight) I will post my diet later........I actually know what I am having for dinner and I'm right at the ~2800 cals range....next diet tweak is to reduce carbs and MORE fat......note the sugar has been DUMPED
    Last edited by Wikked1; 05-22-2003 at 01:43 PM.

lad to hear you're having success with the diet. Fitday is a great site. It makes tracking foods so much easier.

On Auto Pilot:******* Huge Alke's Avatar
    hey wickked just looked at your journal, your pretty much the same height/bodyweight/age as me, cool. you must be cutting huh, that hungry feeling will go away after a few weeks bro' but yeah I remember that hungry feeling I used to have waking up in the morning.......

I noticed that cafeine suppresses the appetite for myself, so by decreasing your cafeine that could be making you hungrier as well.

Hows that N02 working for you? I was thinking of gertting it when I get some more money coming in.

Good luck on your goals and finding a split that you like!
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's
    30MAY03 = 800 Total - Bench 230, Squat 245, Deadlift 325
    22OCT04 = 960 Total - Bench 275, Squat 305, Deadlift 380

Most push-ups in one minute = 102 (BW:195lbs)

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" - George B. Shaw

FOOD is my drug of choice

Kenn: Yeah I was flipping though your journal we have some stuff in common and I'm betting the same dreaded metabolism too huh? As far as the NO2 goes....my wife says she can see the pump in my muscles me? I can't but I take her word for it.....attribute this to whatever you want but my calories are down and my strength is still going up (YIPPEE) not plummetting like I heard it would.........NO2 or 1/2 way decent genetics who knows BUT there's are some other more economical brands I wanted to try (because I DO LIKE it) but DAMN it's EXPEN$IVE...even with a Gold card.......when I pick up another brand I'll keep you posted on it......i think it's the arginine resposible for the "pump" but perpetual?? NOT....but my gym pump stays with me a LITTLE longer but unless I'm shirtless no one is ever gonna see it any way!

source grams cals %total
    Total: 2832
    Fat: 69 618 22%
    Sat: 25 227 8%
    Poly: 9 78 3%
    Mono: 22 197 7%
    Carbs: 254 941 33%
    Fiber: 18 0 0%
    Protein: 319 1277 45%
    Yeah I cheated ....this is not nearly as detailed as my excel pasted info.....BUT Fitday.com makes the diet tracking so easy and I am such a LAZY typist.......need to conserve the energy for squats

5/22/2003 Smith Machine Squats
    1 225 7
    2 225 7
    Leg Curls
    1 130 7
    2 130 6
    Leg Extensions
    1 250 7
    2 250 6

BB Curls
    1 95 6
    2 95 5

DB preacher Curls
    1 45 6
    2 45 4
    Fore Arm Curls
    1 45 7
    2 45 7

Standing Calf Raises
    1 250 7
    2 250 7

Abs 3 sets bw 20-30
    I really have been trying to get lower and lower with my squats. it's tough on a smith to get low enough......eventually it feels like the weight gets too far behind me and I have to did my heels in to press the weight back up.....consider getting away from the smith machine and try squatting there instead! Next on my list.....continuing saga to find a good split.....I did my treadmill duty this morning and I don't know what the deal is but some days I sweat my a$$ off other days it's not so bad......could be a humidity thing I guess.......today it's cool enough for long sleeve sweats....me....I could go year round in a short sleeve T shirt . Yeah except this damn business caual dress code crap!
    Jeans today though! Two more days of this 2 set stuff.....just doesn't feel like it's enough.....but then again who knows...I'm going for the abs.....how much size/strength will I sacrifice to get them?? Time will tell......

Originally posted by Wikked1
    I did my treadmill duty this morning and I don't know what the deal is but some days I sweat my a$$ off other days it's not so bad
    Nice workout. I also sweat different amounts on different days when doing cardio at the gym. I have found that it is closely related to the temperature in the gym and the amount of sleep I have gotten in recent nights. I imagine that diet, current health status, and of course intensity/duration of the workout are also important factors.

The smith machine limits your range of motion in some regard. Perhaps you might want to do some free squats every now and then, or even better squats in a rack with the bars placed just below your minimum depth.
    Last edited by aka23; 05-23-2003 at 08:33 AM.

i agree. try to shy away from the smith squats, and still to free weight squats. much better, and safer IMO.

This is only my personal opnion but I ****ed my back up doing Smith squats. Maybe it was lack of concentration or form or whatever but since I've been doing free weight squats I've been fine and my lower back (knock on wood) has not given me any problems. Just my two cents.

On Auto Pilot:******* Huge Alke's Avatar
    hey wikked, did you look at the wbb workouts/splits? are you just starting out or have you been working out very long?
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's
    30MAY03 = 800 Total - Bench 230, Squat 245, Deadlift 325
    22OCT04 = 960 Total - Bench 275, Squat 305, Deadlift 380

Most push-ups in one minute = 102 (BW:195lbs)

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" - George B. Shaw

FOOD is my drug of choice

I agree with you guys.....I'm going to the rack for my squats from now on......the back thing is still not solved.....but I really think it's inthe greater trochanter joint area....feels like it's just out of place.....not dislocated but slightly misaligned.....and I'm a big skier.....I spend majority of the winter downhill skiing (can't be having this!!) 5 years of ski patrol.....what can I say it gets me outside in the winter?? I appreciate the feed back for you guys it keeps me from wondering endlessly.... just somedays I do wish I had a spotter for those days when i really want to pound my quads I have to do most of it on the leg extensions.....
    I'm getting lazy about recording my diet here......the fitday sight makes it simpler.......I gotta sit down and figure out how to Link the diet from there into here.....if you guys know drop me a message please....

Hmmm long holiday weekend.......it was a good one the weather sucked....but 3 day weekends are great !
    My tendency is to avoid the computer like the plague during weekends.....Sorry guys after 8-5 Mon-Fri I just don't feel like even turning one on!..So consequently I just DON'T! Friday's workout was good.......Saturday's was a departure I will try to remember all I did......And yesterdays was good.....my diet? Stuck with it throughout the weekend......only real departure was Sunday......because i was away from home so much I didn't eat nearly enough......BUT I guess you'll have that now and then.....
    Last edited by Wikked1; 05-27-2003 at 11:04 AM.

Yeah workout was a nice change of pace going to a more standardized split….my pecs told me about it when I did chest & tris….I DO enjoy that ACHE…….
    Going to need 3 intense days of cardio this week…..I like doing cardio when I am up early and ready to go…….so I skipped it and it feels like months since I did any!

My water consumption goes to **** every time I stray too far from home…..(weekends) and I try like hell to get enough water but trust me there’s places where water is NOT what you want to drink.
    Couple things I have noticed……the veins on my forearms are becoming more visible on top ….., my waist has stayed the same but the firmness around that area really feels different….I don’t feel so sloppy…I’m still a long way for my goal BUT these couple things I have noticed…..I do enjoy that vascular stuff…I want veins popping out everywhere……LMFAO yeah how cool is that!? Damn I forgot to get a BF% reading this morning…….but I was kind of groggy …..lazy this morning
    OH sh*t yeah EGO boost for the month??!!

HEY what can I say it’s pretty rare so I do enjoy a little positive feedback……person who hasn’t seen me in a couple months…….saw me in a tank top the other day…..I was heading into the tanning booth…..”DUDE you’ve put on some serious size…….what about 25 lbs”? I was like “Hell yeah thanks for noticing”….something about when somebody notices that vindicates all the a$$ busting in the gym. Feels great to have someone notice…..it’s BEST when it’s FEMALE I think we’ll all agree on that but I’ll take a compliment any way I can get it!
    Pretty sure I’m going back to a standard split of Chest & Tris /Back & Bis/Shoulders & Legs….that a 4 day split with abs EOD and cardio 3-4 times a week.
    ONLY in the AM and only on an empty stomach….I feel like the veins in the arms are a direct result of the cardio I have been doing……but STILL I can’t keep that bicep vein popped out……damn it!……
    Monday’s workout
    5/26/2003 WG PULL UPS
    1 BW 7
    2 BW +10 5
    3 BW +25 3
    3 BW 3
    LO ROW
    1 180 7
    2 180 7
    3 180 5

DB BENT OVER ROW
    1 120 7
    2 120 6
    DB PREACHER CURLS
    1 45 6

PREACHER CURLS EZCURL
    1 95 7
    2 95/75 4/3
    3 95/75 4/3
    STRAIGHT BAR CURLS
    1 65 7
    2 85 5
    3 65 7

ABS 3 BW 20-30

Nice workout man! Those are some pretty impressive weights. Sounds like you've really been making some great progress. It's a great feeling when someone else notices positive changes. Good work!