Page 1 of 90 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Wikked Sensations

Hybrid View

Wikked Sensations

Ok guys I'm creating this journal mostly for critique.......but before I get into it too far a little background. I'm 6'2" 195 lbs. about 12-13% bf. Before I got my sh*t together I was a pack a day smoker and a coke-a-holic (the COLA kind!). Those who know me swear I've found religion because I am indeed a NEW MAN.....and last vital statistic I am 39 years old. (How I wish I was smart enough to do this 10 years ago but what the hell I am doing it now)!
    I will try to keep this thing as daily as I can and like I said it mostly for refferal because I STILL have a lot to learn and if someone can offer me some sound advise I'm all ears. To date I have added about 25 pound of good solid muscle (Now you might think that's cool (I sure do) but then realize that I'm built much like a football wide receiver,.....and what I really want is more like 6'2" 235....
    So here's how it will work......I will detail my diet on the day of and my workouts the day after....and on Monday I will update on workouts from Saturdays.
    Last edited by Wikked1; 05-12-2003 at 12:16 PM.

Grats on the progress so far Wikked1! Good luck with your goals. You've come to a great site and starting a journal will help.

good luck with the journal, as well as your goals.

and welcome to WBB!
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Thanks guys...
    To Start the week off right it's 5/12/2003 a gloomy Monday Morning.....good I SAY ( I HATE MONDAYS ANY WAY!!!) the damn air conditioner at the gym shouldn't be on today what a real PITA that thing is (churning out humid air).....I'd rather sweat my a$$ off naturally without the aid of the AC thanks very much!

6:00 this morning my treadmill is calling my name but I decide I am up too late… I got too many things to do before I get on the torture chamber……(Not much I hate MORE THAN doing cardio and I try to work my diet around avoiding cardio….) not that I mind the work….it’s the monotonous thing and couple that with the fact that it kicks my already speedy metabolism into mach 10...WELL I just feel like I workout and gain it only to watch it disappear on the treadmill…..!!!

Cardio sessions will be Tues,Wed,Thurday this week……more if I feel flabby…..around the waist…….
    My goal: it's Summertime I want to shed and shred body fat without losing what little muscle it looks like I have HARD GAINED! I would like to have a six pack and be happier about not wearing a shirt this summer…..
    SO no cardio today…..tomorrow it’s the standard prescribed 30 minutes on an empty stomach first thing in the morning!

Eats…….what did I eat today?

Now my dieting philosophy is to keep it as clean as possible……..and attempting to keep all simple carbs around my workout…..(no more than an hour and up to 10 minutes before I work out) I try to put some simple carbs in my body so I have some energy…this came from a book I got and it seems to work real well …..dropping caloric intake on non-workout days ……
    As I stated I am attempting to drop body fat at this time…….OH to have a 6 pack for the summer would be SO cool…. a 6 pack and lots of vascularity……anyone else suffer from this? I desire lots of vascularity and I swear to got I have almost ZERO fat on my arms and legs….but getting that big vein to pop out from the biceps…..takes a lot of bicep work and it doesn’t last for sh*t!!! Oh well getting back to the diet…..lots of lean meat cuts….but deli style stuff for lunch mostly…..no cream in the coffee…..no milk except for fat free skim which I use in my protein shakes……I take a multi vitamin and glucosamine along with additional B,C,E and selenium every day…..

Wake up Vitamins
    6:00 6 oz black coffee w/Sugar
    7:30 (4) NO2 caplets
    8:00 20 oz black Coffee w/Sugar
    8:45 (2) packets of instant Cream of wheat & (2) scoops of Juiced protein
    9:00 20 oz water
    11:00 Nitrotech double chocolate supreme protein bar
    11:15 20 oz water
    11:30 (4) NO2 caplets
    12:15 5 oz turkey breast ( the real stuff) on Thomas’ whole wheat bagel
    1 small banana
    1 Mesotech protein bar
    1 serving Phosphogen HP

3:10 Still sipping p*** warm coffee (TIME for some water)
    3:30 Ultramet Protein Shake w/12 oz fat free skim milk
    4:30 (1) small banana,6 oz watermelon

Post workout meals will be here tomorrow.....I think it's BBQ Spare ribs and White rice tonight though & the post workout shake....and a protein bar before bed.....see how I feel before bed!

My workouts at this time are as follows:

Workout 1
    Flat Bench press
    Incline Bench Press
    Shoulder Press
    Seated Side lats
    Ab Crunches

Workout 2
    Wide Grip Pull-ups
    Seated Rows
    OR
    1 Armed bent over rows
    Dead Lifts
    Shrugs
    Overhead Tricep press
    Dips

Workout 3
    Squats
    Leg Curls
    Preacher Curls
    Standing DB curls
    Forearm Curls
    Seated Calf Raises

3 very basic workouts 5 days a week

This is a 6 week program
    Week 1
    2 sets 4-7 reps (must fail in this range) 120 seconds recovery
    Weeks 2& 3
    3 sets 8-11 reps (must fail) 90 seconds recovery
    Week 4
    4 sets 8-11 reps (to Failure) 90 Seconds recovery
    Weeks 5&6
    5 sets 4-7 reps (to failure) 60 seconds recovery

Week #7 start over….
    Abs are really EOD

With this program I can tell you that it doesn’t sound like much but by the time week #5 arrives the weight on the 1st set is FAR more than the weight on the 5th set……..muscles just can’t recover that fast……and I will admit I am in a SMITH machine the Squats and I will NOT go to failure….I will go one short or what feels like 1 short of failure….I workout alone (partner(s) a whole other ISSUE)!

So this should explain my philosophy and the basics of my routines….I work out 5 days a week and break on Wednesdays & Sundays.

I have often times wondered if I this routine is over training me especially at my age but I have to give this program the HONEST trial….12 weeks min!

Presently today is the start of week 6 which means I have 7 more weeks to see decent results on this program.

welcome to the board...good luck with your goals
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Tuesday Morning.....still raining....the torture chamber called my name and I answered.......30 minutes on the treadmill this morning......yesterday's workout went well......full of energy.....sweat ......although I have not been doing deadlift due to this undiagnosed pain in my ass....sciatic nerve? Dr. will check again today.......my triceps felt great on the first 2 sets of over head press (95 lbs)....but I quickly dropped to 85 for the net 2 sets and then finally 75 for the last set....wide grip pull-up (I do not call them chins because chins IMO are done with palms facing you).....firt couple set I can manage body weigth * 7 and then drops quickly to 4 4 and move to the "cheater" machine for assisted 7....these things and lat pull down chew my hands up
    but on to my post workout meal.
    6:35 about 8 oz BBQ spare ribs & 2/3 cup white rice
    washed down with 4 OZ powerade (I need something other than water) I usually get 20-40 oz during workout.
    Then @ 7:30 a UTURN protein bar.......(Yeah label claims are suspect BUT I am so tired of Nitrotech protein bars (I've been eating them for 6 montsh....BLECH!)
    8:20 1/2 Ultramet Protein Shake (Split it with the wife)
    9:00 MAYBE 1/2 oz of cashews......just for something to munch.....then hit the sack......now here is a big whine from me......I have noticed that the MORE water I drink during the day.....the more likley my bladder is to disturb my sleep...gggrrr somedays(nights) I lay there and HOPE to sleep thrugh it......but inevitably toss and turn until I am forced to get up and relieve myself.....damn it SUCKS to be getting OLD!!! I like my sleep uninterrupted but so it goes....) anyway it's 6:30 my cardio (torture chamber) is done.......today is workout 3 (or as I call it.....Legs and Arms PLUS abs)...

I think in the effort to clean this up a little bit I'll submit my diet and my workouts on an excel spread sheet and simple text comments.

You are out in the middle of nowhere, almost...

Good luck in your endeavors!

Good luck with the back pain. I went through something similar about 8-10 months ago. I had an inflamed disk wich put pressure on my sciatic nerve. Damn near crippled me. But with a lot or rest and then some proper training I haven't had a problem since (knocks on wood).

Have you ever thought about adding some fats in your diet? More nuts and maybe some flax or fish oil?

Date Time
    5/13/2003 5:45 AM 3 oz. Coffe Black w/Sugar
    6:00 AM Vitamins
    6:10 AM 10 oz water (treadmill)
    7:45 AM NO2 (4)
    8:00 AM Mesotech bar
    9:30 AM Nitrotech bar
    9:40 AM 12 oz Coffee Black w/Sugar
    10:45 AM 20 oz Water
    11:30 AM NO2 (4)
    12:15 PM about 10-12 oz BBQ Spare Ribs & 1 cup white rice
    10 oz Sobe Power
    Small banana
    1:00 PM 20 oz Water
    3:15 PM Ultramet Protein Shake
    4:30 PM 1 Small Banana
    Uturn Bar
    Date Exercise Set# Weight Reps
    5/12/2003 Wide Grip Chins 1 BW 7
    2 BW 7
    3 BW 4
    4 BW 4
    5 BW Less 60 7
    Lat Pull Down 1 160 7
    2 160 7
    3 140 7
    4 140 7
    5 130 7
    Shrugs 1 thru 5 125 dbs 7
    DEADLIFT should come prior but skipping until Dr figures out what ails my left leg/hip/A$$
    O.H. Tri Press 1 & 2 95 7
    3 95 5
    4 85 6
    5 75 6
    DIPS 1 BW 7 EASY!
    2 BW 5 (SO MUCH for EASY!)
    3 BW 4
    4 BW Less 40 7
    5 BW 5

Yesterday's workout was good but I HATE doing 5 sets of Squats.....damn it kicks my butt every time and although it's only "Arms & Legs day" I'm breathing heavy and hard by the time my squats are done! Well let's put it this way I have a LOVE/HATE relationship with squats...I love em for what they do for me...I hate them for how they exhaust me......by the time I hit the preacher bench I'm sweating my a$$ off......now I don't know if it's just my damn long arms or what but biceps in general I consider my own weak point.....5 sets of db curls on the preacher bench starting w/40's and winding down to 30's really makes me feel like a WIMP......and I feel unsure about whether I am over training them or if I need to pound them into submission by doing MORE exercises.......but any way today is my OFF day from the weights and I did my duty on the treadmill this morning......28 minutes......and sipping some water......I have to say this.......about cardio........it seems to really consumes a lot of my energy stores....because I sleep more soundly....and I really COULD stay in bed longer BUT .....I enjoy getting up with the wife and having a little coffee and quiet conversation before she heads off for work......me? I've got the desk job so I'm an 8-5 guy.

Mik thanks for the words of encouragement.....the diagnosis is still up in the air but I am hoping like hell it's not disk related!!!
    THAT would SUCK !!!!!!
    You bring up an interesting point about the fats in my diet.....I currently don't consume them unless they "come along for the ride" with my food.....I am trying to minimize fat intake.......and this is an area I am entirely unsure about......I have considered trying a keto diet but the grocery bill might put the wife in a fit......I have wondered about the effects it might have if I add it in.....I munch on Sun flower kernels and Cashews from time to time but REALLY stay within a small handful because of the fat content.....I try to keep my fat inake to less than 30 grams a day.....and maybe this is an area I need to tweak.....but being in the cardio mode I have that fear of adding any fat back into my diet.......

Wikked1 My disk injury was more an inflamed disk that seemed to really subside with some anti inflammaoties and rest. As I said, my back is A OK now. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

I would definitely consider adding some fats to your diet. Don't be worried about fat adding fat. Your body needs and uses fats (as long as you supply it with good fats). It took me a while to get used to this notion but you'll see lots of info on the need for quality fats in your diet in many threads here.

Selfproclaimed Fancy Pants wibble's Avatar
    Hey! Good job on everything so far, its lookin good! Don't be afraid of nuts and stuff, they are high in fat but its healty fat. You should get 20-30% of your calories from things like nuts, natural peanut butter, flax/olive/fish oil. Its healthy for your body and will increase the rate at which your body burns fat. If you don't eat enough fat, your body hangs on to what it has "just in case".

Hope your back pain is nothing serious. Keep up the good work!

Hey Mik & wibble thanks for the advise and the luck I have a feeling I'll need it. I considered the advice about the fats and I think it makes sense.....I will try it since I'm in the cutting mode anyway....it's the revamping of the diet that will have to wait for the weekend.....I will admit the diet is the hardest part for me now......nope not sticking to it......that's EASY....it's devising the components of the meals and counting the calories and nutrients that takes some thought....I figured if I eat lean I would still get some fats any way......but I admit it's not much at all.....and wibble makes a point I have heard echoed all around the web....my body is probably holding onto the fat it has at this point (there's still enough around the waistline to hide all but the very top of my abs.....means I have a 1/3 pack huh?

Date Time
    5/13/2003 6:30 PM 12 oz Ham Steak
    1 Large Baked potato
    8:00 PM 1/2 Ultramet Shake (Split with the wife)
    8:30 PM 1 oz Cracker Barrel Xtra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
    5/14/2003 6:00 AM 6 oz coffe black w/Sugar
    7:30 AM NO2
    8:00 AM 20 OZ Coffe Black w/Sugar
    9:15 AM (2) Cream of Wheat(Apples & Cinnamon) & 2 scoops Juiced Protein
    10:00 AM 20 oz Water
    11:30 AM NO2
    12:00 PM 6 oz Deli ham on a Whole Wheat Bagel W/yellow mustard
    1/2 Cracker Barrel Xtra Sharp Cheddar
    1 Medium Banana
    8 oz Sobe Power
    2:15 PM mesotech bar
    4:00 PM 1 oz Cracker Barrel Xtra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
    UTURN Bar
    4:35 PM 1 Small Pear
    5/13/2003 Squats in Smith Machine 1 225 7
    2 265 7
    3 265 5
    4 225 7
    5 225 5
    Leg Curl 1 110 7
    2 120 7
    3 120 5
    4 120 5
    5 110 7
    DB preacher Curls 1 40 7
    2 40 6
    3 35 7
    4 35 5
    5 30 7
    Seated Incline DB curls 1 30 7
    2 25 7
    3 25 6
    4 25 6
    5 25 7
    Wrist Curls 1 50 7
    2 & 3 45 7
    4 & 5 40 7
    Seated Calf Raises 1 130 7
    2 Thru 5 175 7

Have you made a decision on tha fats?

Yesterday was my day off from the gym and I'll be damned if my quads didn't announce the fact they did 5 sets every time I got up from my desk yesterday ...(It's really a "GOOD sore" ).....but I did my sworn treadmill duty this morning....I find that I am drinking less and less of my coffee in the morning....and I usually pop all my vitamins and glucosamine with it.......so I managed about 1/2 my normal coffee this morning....and I pounded out 28 mins of cardio......Yesterday I seemed to have more energy than usual @ bedtime (Hi Honey I'm HOME ) .....but I figured it was due to the day off from the weights...I should have made this switch months ago....(Wednesdays off) and workout Saturdays.....it gives my body a little break mid week......because I really wonder IF I am over-training BUT this is the 6th week....I still have another 6 weeks to try before I scrutinize it too much....the tape measure is kind of a disappointment (except the waist) because I'm not increasing muscle size anywhere.....but the good part is that I'm not losing it either....and I am attempting to cut....so I think over all the plan/routine is effective.......my body weight is hovering around 193-195 but the biggest changes I can see are in the mirror.......now maybe some of it is in my head but I have lost a significant amount of looseness around my stomach....it's not picture worthy but it looks like I've taken 5 years off my waist....that's no BS guys....in all honesty I feel like I am in pretty good shape for my age....physically I am in the best shape of my life if not for this yet to be diagnosed leg pain. I have done a little further digging into my diet and decided that I am actually reconsidering doing MORE cardio......(reason?) simple I want a mid section like aka23 ....guy's got a chiseled 6 pack.......I don't know if I can do it I mean I've NEVER tried before and this will be my first attempt but I've never been this dedicated either...So as much as I don't like doing the cardio......I'm seeing results that I like from it....which in turn motivates me to do it more......I had been doing 5 days a week but the wife said she knew I'd be pissed if I lost all my hard earned gains...so she thougth I should ease back.....so it's a kind of euphoria......I don't like the cardio...I know it saps my energy level down a notch but I like what I am seeing in the mirror..........(It's no where NEAR what I want) but it's good progress and it drives me to do more......
    The dietary fat ......hmmmmm.......looking deeper into the contents of the foods I am eating......there is some fat in my bars.........but not enough...so I have thrown a but of cheese and nuts in .....until I can recalculate my diet this weekend....I will add the fat in incrementally....honestly guys what I do is calculate Carbs & Protein and go by the "book" plan (which says keep fats to a minimum) HOWEVER I am a big believer in body adaptation. SO I will start out by seeing exactly how much fat is currently in my diet (average) and then adjusting that amount incrementally. Until I reach the 20% mark but I don't want to sacrifice progress in order to add fat.....I also think everyone is different to a degree....and my body may respond differently to a change in diet.....that increases fats too quickly..Time will tell guys and HYE thanks for the encouragement.....I LOVE this site and I've seen a truckload of web sites.....this is by far the most informative!!

Sounds like you're making some good progress. Good work on the fat loss. The muscle gains will come, just keep sticking to your routine.

You make a good point about having Wednesdays off and lifting Saturdays. It would be tough to lift 5 days in a row. I know I would ersonally be overtraining but as you said you have 6 weeks to evaluate.

Originally posted by Wikked1
    I have done a little further digging into my diet and decided that I am actually reconsidering doing MORE cardio......(reason?) simple I want a mid section like aka23 ....guy's got a chiseled 6 pack.......I don't know if I can do it I mean I've NEVER tried before and this will be my first attempt but I've never been this dedicated either...So as much as I don't like doing the cardio......I'm seeing results that I like from it....which in turn motivates me to do it more......I had been doing 5 days a week but the wife said she knew I'd be pissed if I lost all my hard earned gains...so she thougth I should ease back.....so it's a kind of euphoria......I don't like the cardio...I know it saps my energy level down a notch but I like what I am seeing in the mirror..........(It's no where NEAR what I want) but it's good progress and it drives me to do more......
    Thanks for the compliments. I agree with your wife that you should increase the cardio gradually, rather than immediately start at a high level. Cardio reduces body fat more than calorie in/calorie out formulas would suggest. If cardio is done in the desired manner, it should not significantly interfere with your muscle gains. This includes separating it from weight workouts and not doing it on an empty stomach or other times when glycogen reserves are low. If you are especially worried about muscle damage, you could try short sessions of HIIT type cardio, and separate it from your leg day and other HIIT sessions by 48 hours.
    Last edited by aka23; 05-15-2003 at 10:42 AM.

Well it's FRIDAY......Yeah another work week just about dead...I live for "Casual Fridays" I'm just a hell of a lot more comfortable in a pair of jeans.....Well any way it's shaping up to be a nice day.......dentist appt yesterday slowed down my food consumption for a couple hours and I had a date with the wife to see "Reloaded" being a big fan of the first flik the sequel while good was not up too par withthe first....OH well any way I snuck out of work early and hit the gym early It just seemed to be one of those days where I am cranking out reps real good thinking I can get 1 more and just hit a wall.....so it goes when you have no spotter.....I was a little pissed cause I wanted to throw in some hammer strength presses in along with my flat bench db curls but as luck would have it I was on my shoulders by the time the machine was free......any way my entire workout went well but I HATE when I feel like I SHOULD be able to crank out one more rep and run out of steam.My pecs are a littel tight and sore today...I LIKE IT...those inclines really make me feel it!
    Anyway the calories were down a little today.......there was no way I could chug down a pre workout shake so close to workout without feeling super bloated!
    AND this morning? was a CARDIO OFF day .....( I feel like a slacker but ) next week it'll be 4 days.....
    5/14/2003 6:30 PM 2 bowls home made turkey soup….lots of turkey…..plenty of complex carbs but nutrient content is a pure GUESS
    9:30 PM Nitrotech bar
    5/15/2003 6:00 AM 4 oz coffe black w/Sugar
    8:00 AM 20 OZ Coffe Black w/Sugar
    9:15 AM (2) Instant Oatmeal (Cinn & Spice) & 2 scoops Juiced Protein
    10:00 AM 20 OZ Water
    11:30 AM NO2
    12:00 PM 6 oz ham on Whole Wheat Bagel w/Yell Mustard
    Mesotech bar (HOLY god these babies have some CARBS)
    10 oz powerade

1:00 PM Dentist (Gonna have me some FUN)…..NOT!
    2:55 PM Mesotech bar (Dentist was easy on me)!
    3:00 PM 1 Small Pear

5:15 PM 1/2 Ultramet Protein Shake
    5:30 PM 10 oz Steak
    2 Cups Fried Potatos
    9:30 PM Nitrotech bar

5/15/2003 Flat Bench Db Presses 1 75 7
    2 75 5
    3 70 6
    4 70 5
    5 65 5
    Incline DB presses 1 55 7
    2 55 7
    3 50 5
    4 50 5
    5 45 7
    Seated Shoulder Press 1 110 5
    2 110 4
    3 90 5
    4 90 4
    5 70 7
    Seated Lateral Raises 1 20 6
    These ALWAYS HURT! 2 20 6
    3 25 4
    4 20 5
    5 20 5
    abs 5 body only 25-30

Date Time
    5/16/2003 6:00 AM 4 oz coffe black w/Sugar
    8:00 AM 8 OZ Coffe Black w/Sugar
    8:45 AM (2) Instant Oatmeal (Rasins & Spice) & 2 scoops Juiced Protein
    10:00 AM 32 OZ Water
    11:10 AM NO2
    11:30 AM 2 Pretzel Rods (DAMN I am HUNGRY)
    12:00 PM 6 oz ham on Whole Wheat Bagel w/Yell Mustard
    Mesotech bar
    16 oz water
    3:00 PM Ultramet Shake
    4:15 PM Banana
    4:35 PM Pear
    Mesotech bar (there NOW I'm CARB'd UP)!

Yesterday's workout
    5/15/2003 Flat Bench Db Presses 1 75 7
    2 75 5
    3 70 6
    4 70 5
    5 65 5
    Incline DB presses 1 55 7
    2 55 7
    3 50 5
    4 50 5
    5 45 7
    Seated Shoulder Press 1 110 5
    2 110 4
    3 90 5
    4 90 4
    5 70 7
    Seated Lateral Raises 1 20 6
    These ALWAYS HURT! 2 20 6
    3 25 4
    4 20 5
    5 20 5
    abs 5 bw 25-30

it looks like your diet contains quite a bit of sugar. like with the oatmeal, have you ever thought about getting some regular oats, becuase the instant flavored oats contain quite a bit of sugar. also, have you ever thought about adding somthing like splenda, or equal to your coffee instead of sugar? just a couple of suggestions. nice workout BTW.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Hey GS, Thanks for the input....I have been considering the black coffee......not so sure about the oats.......they get pretty nasty if I let them cool too long (and in order to get the carb ratio right I have to chug a truckload of them) (BLECH when they get cold!) But yes I need to take a deeper look into all of my diet....for now it seems to be working but I have the desire to get shredded....
    So the workout for Friday was good....Saturday was Awesome.....not because of anything other than having a great session with the preacher bench....I did standing barbell first and then preacher bench and with some encouragement of another gym member who's got biceps I upped the db weight to 45 lbs....and discovered I CAN pound them out.....(sorry guys I know it's not huge but I think my biceps SUCK.....) it's nothing spectacular and it's not like lagging BUT I think for my body type I need to have around 19" arms....(Hey I'd like to try them on for size)....in order to LOOK like I really DO workout.....but I still have a LONG way to go to reach that mark.....ANY WAY my diet didn't really go to sh*t over the weekend...I just lost track of time and ate at odd intervals......my overall calories were down.....and I didn't hit the water like I should have.....Saturday I did cave in to the wife who has been pleading with me for 3 weeks to get pizza.....I decided Saturday I would and had 2 Sam Adams Lights.....the pizza was great but in all honesty I could go without it for months.......but now & then I do need a cheat day so the wife doesn't feel guilty....(she works out and diets along with me by the way) .....which is fantastic most times......BUT there is always that thing in the back of my mind that says......is she telling me things about my body just to get her own way (pizza) ....the answer is HELL YES of course she is.......she's female.....but any way lets see......my body weight this AM 193 so I'm guessing about 190 less the clothes....my waist and chest measurements were 1" smaller this morning....DAMN the waist is OK but WHY the chest......? The arms are stagnant......hangin on there......no cardio since Friday........I'll pick it up first thing tomorrow.....but I think I am going to 4 days this week......(close my eyes to everyting and concentrate on lowering bf% ....where are those ABS? I think body fat has dropped a tiny bit but since I measured last week I'll wait another week to check it.....I swear to god if it wasn't around my waist .....I wouldn't have any! IS it as Ghetto Smurf suggests? Do I have too much sugar in my diet?? One way to find out......remove it and see if my waist shrinks!

I agree with GS. Try dropping the sugar I bet you'll see a difference.