Thread: Once You Reach Your Ultimate Target.

Wannabebig Member

Once You Reach Your Ultimate Target.

My target is to get a good body, with some good muscle but I don't want to be a bodybuilder, I just want a good looking body with very good looking abs, so when you reach your goal through dieting and working out, what do you do after, I assume you can't just stop working out because your body will lose the muslces, so how would you keep your muslces just where they are without adding on any extra.

Diet will be a big factor in size. Plus most people don't really have the drive or ability to get to big. So its not something I would worry about.

Beware of Attack Ferrets
    I think ultimatley when people do reach their goals (from a bb's perspective) they'll look in the mirror and say, 'I can be bigger, or toner' the bodybuilder mentality generally creates an unacheivable ever expanding goal.

1) Getting bigger than you want to is NOT going to be a problem

2) I don't care what you say now, you'll never be satisfied with how you look--even if you don't consider yourself a bodybuilder. You may think you will be...but you won't.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Originally posted by Blood&Iron
    2) I don't care what you say now, you'll never be satisfied with how you look--even if you don't consider yourself a bodybuilder. You may think you will be...but you won't.

:withstupi

There is always room for improvement. That said, if you're just interested in maintaining, I would believe that you would still have to watch your diet and workout, though not as often and not as hard.
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar

Re: Once You Reach Your Ultimate Target.

Originally posted by Lord Worm
    My target is to get a good body, with some good muscle but I don't want to be a bodybuilder
    Get out

j/k. Well, you should maintain then. I always want to get bigger.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Pretty Fly for an Old Guy W8_4_Me's Avatar
    There's always more to be done. Anyone who's really in to this never really finds the end.
    "A winner...knows how much he still has to learn, even when he is considered an expert by others; A loser...wants to be considered an expert by others, before he has even learned enough to know how little he knows." - Sydney Harris

"It takes a big man to cry, and an even BIGGER man to laugh at that man!" - Jack Handey

"It's simple. If it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger