The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

what to do to look good in 1 month?

I'm going on vacation, and just realized that I need work in order to look good in a bikini and I only have 1 month before I go. i'm 5'3" and weigh about 116, I do tae kwon do 2-3 times a week and i ride my horse about 3-4 times a week. so what kind of exercises should i do, and what type of diet? thanks
    Last edited by twcolabear; 05-13-2003 at 04:04 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Re: what to do to look good in 1 month?

Originally posted by twcolabear
    I'm going on vacation, and just realized that I need work in order to look good in a bikini and I only have 1 month before I go. so what kind of exercises should i do, and what type of diet? i'm 5'3" and weigh about 116, so I don't need a lot of improvement.
    thanks
    Guess what, your also about to realize that it's going to take a lot longer than 1 month to create a nice body
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

ok I rephrased my question

ok I rephrased my question
    What I meant was, you said you realized you need to work hard to look good. Then you said what can I do to look good in 1 month, kind of a contradiction to your new enlightenment, if you get my drift. I suppose you could do some cardio 3-4 days a week and get on a routine, but if you want that great beach body your going to have to work on it all year round-it won't come in a month. Oh yea, the karate will help too with flexibility and that could be considered cardio as well. Horse back riding doesn't seem like much of a workout, though.
    Last edited by HahnB; 05-13-2003 at 04:10 PM.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

What's your diet like?
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Originally posted by HahnB

Horse back riding doesn't seem like much of a workout, though.
    I'm going to have to dissagree with you there.

As for Diet: regular for someone who is not watching her diet, probably a lot of things i shouldn't eat.
    I noticed that when i was a vegan for Lent for 2 month, I lost about 3 pounds and I felt much better.
    But I like chicken, so I can't be a vegan even if i try. I had this idea of eating chicken/meat once a week, then fish/seafood maybe 1-2 times a week, and then the rest all vegie. does that sound good?

I'm going to have to dissagree with you there.

As for Diet: regular for someone who is not watching her diet, probably a lot of things i shouldn't eat.
    I noticed that when i was a vegan for Lent for 2 month, I lost about 3 pounds and I felt much better.
    But I like chicken, so I can't be a vegan even if i try. I had this idea of eating chicken/meat once a week, then fish/seafood maybe 1-2 times a week, and then the rest all vegie. does that sound good?
    Chicken is good as long as it's eaten clean-just make sure you don't eat fast food or too many fats. ARe you a member at any gym or do you have access to equipment? What I meant about the horse back riding thing is that while it may raise your heart rate it is not a significant enough of a resistance workout to change your body structure.

I'm not a member of a gym, but there is a small gym in my apartment comlex.
    Thanks for clarifying what you meant when you said that horse back riding is not much of a workout. I get very mad when people say that riding takes no effort to do, because to them it looks like the horse does all the work

Horse back riding doesn't seem like much of a workout, though.
    Try other types of riding for a better fat burning experiance
    To get good at most things takes 2-4 years i.e BodyBuilding, Martial Arts, Musical Instrements ect.
    To Master it, takes a life time - Buff Stuff

The answer to every query is, of course, "squats". - drew

BUFF

Originally posted by BUFF STUFF

Try other types of riding for a better fat burning experiance

Yup, yup, I'd have to agree.
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar

Chicken is good as long as it's eaten clean
    Ya, chicken is good. Just be sure to remove the skin. I don't know if you were implying that Hahn B.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Let's see.... 5'3" and 116#? I'm athinkin' ya prob'ly aint too shabby now.

Quagmire wannabe
    Originally posted by volcamp
    Let's see.... 5'3" and 116#? I'm athinkin' ya prob'ly aint too shabby now.
    Post a pic so we can see if you would look good in a bikini as you are now. Purely to help you out mind you....

He who hesitates masturbates........

Yes, by all means. And keep in mind, we are professionals here. This would simply be a visual aide to enable us to better advise you.

Exactly. We need to get a good idea of your current physical condition, so we may be better prepared to aid you.

This IMO is the best body in the world

http://celebpicgallery.com/laetitia_...acasta_098.jpg
    "Why is there always time to do things twice, but never time to do things right?"

Ain't nothing like a bunch of horny guys trying to be subtle.

And like Hahn already said, a great body isn't going to come in a month. It's something that you work on. In a month time you might be able to add a little bit of muscle, and drop a little bit of weight (4-5 poundish) but there isn't going to be a miracle transformation. Though, by the fact you sound fairly active and don't have bad stats at all I'd say you don't exactly need the complete miracle.

As for a workout, I'd try a simple upper/lower split or a full body twice a week. Just do a search for one on here if you want. Either one will provide you decent results and help your body adjust to lifting. Don't fall under the "high reps, low weight" theory that many of your sex go for, but follow a typical rep scheme (though concentrate on form before you go heavy as you can). If you do something like this, then when you come back from your vacation you can change it up to a more convential split.. try the year round attempt to look good.
    LaLa

with a proper diet and good exercise you can loos 1.5 to 2lbs of body fat a week and maintain it.
    "Why is there always time to do things twice, but never time to do things right?"

I've never ridden a horse. But I always figured it was a bit of wo. I hear your legs get sore.

Originally posted by Nights
    In a month time you might be able to add a little bit of muscle, and drop a little bit of weight (4-5 poundish) but there isn't going to be a miracle transformation. Though, by the fact you sound fairly active and don't have bad stats at all I'd say you don't exactly need the complete miracle.
    that's what i was lookign for just drop a little bit of weight for now, and then proceed into workout regemnt after i come back. thanks for replying

and you boys are horny but I guess all of the forums are the same. I also post on a car forum, and the boys are the same there too

I'd think that horseback riding is actually quite strenuous. I'd also imagine that an experienced rider would have one hell of a strong abdominal/back/core area from staying upright while riding a horse. That's a lot of activity, so if you keep doing that I don't see the need for additional cardio... It really depends what your goals are if you want to look what you percieve as good If you think you need to lose fat (which I sincerely doubt you need to...) or add LBM that will change things a little. Being an experienced athlete you know results won't come in a month, but only with a lot of dedication and consistency.

Riding only makes your legs hurt if you just start out riding, and if you do too much work for your horse (meaning he's not listening to your leg ques) abs are very important because they help move the body while riding, and arms get exercise too, lifting the saddle anyways you guys should try it, then we'll see if you think it is not exercise
    Last edited by twcolabear; 05-14-2003 at 08:58 AM.

OK....now, which one is you? j/k I saw no prob in any of the pics. You look good, the car looks good, the horsies look good. Not to worry. Starting a workout routine wont do anything but help. But I don't think you're gonna get anybody at the beach trying to push you back into the water.