Thread: How many carbs should I be intaking daily?

Actually Ferry Corsten

How many carbs should I be intaking daily?

Trying to cut.
    I've cut out so far:
    soda, rice, chocolate, junk food (potato chips etc..)

I"m drinking lots of water and started taking fiber today. I do cardio 5 days a week (mid to low intensity)

I usually eat 5 or 6 times a day and try not to eat too much at one sitting.

How many carbs should I be intaking? I heard CKD diets are only allowed 20 carbs a day!!??!! How can you go on 20 carbs a day???

I eat balance bars once or twice a day and they have 22 carbs. Is this bad?
    it's easier to fly, then to face another day in the southern sun

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Carbs don't really matter when you're losing weight (unless you're in CKD). It all comes down to calories.

But, I would recommend low GI carbs (brown rice, fruit, bread, etc.) over high GI carbs (things with sugar in them).
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

The amount of carbs in your diet is not really that important. You need to make sure that you are getting enough protein (1g per lb. of bw should be plenty) and an adequate amount of healthy fats in your diet. Healthy fats being things like flax oil, fish oil, olive oil, nuts, natural peanut butter. You can fill in the rest of your daily cals with low GI carbs, except postworkout in which high GI carbs would be ideal. If you are in a caloric deficit at the end of the day then you will lose weight.

How many carbs should I be intaking? I heard CKD diets are only allowed 20 carbs a day!!??!! How can you go on 20 carbs a day???

I eat balance bars once or twice a day and they have 22 carbs. Is this bad?
    A CKD is a high fat diet and basically carbs are just replaced with fat while still consuming adequate amounts of protein.

The Balance Bars are not "bad" as long as you are counting the calories towards your daily total.

i agree with what was stated above. unless you are on a CKD, you shouldnt have to worry too much about carbs. just get them from good sources: oatmeal, whole wheat bread, brown rice, yams, etc.

remember, losing weight is all about creating a calorie deficeit(sp?) not just controling your carbs.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble