The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

what after bulking?

I'm 130lb and bulking currently. I'm relatively new to the weightlifting scene and need some advice. I hear that the bulking cycle should last for 6-8 weeks or so. What should I do after that? maintainence or cut? and for how long?

Thanks a lot

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Usually people cut cause they gained some fat while bulking. You can bulk as long you want. My guideline for how long to go is how much fat I've gained.

Exactly what Berserker said.... I bulk until I reach the point to where I begin to add more fat then muscle. For me, it usually is around 14%bf. Now I know that when I get close to 14%bf I can begin cutting again and trying to keep as much muscle as possible while trying to rid of as much fat as possible. You will have to experiment for yourself to see what works best for you.

Re: what after bulking?

Originally posted by pruneman
    I'm 130lb and bulking currently. I'm relatively new to the weightlifting scene and need some advice. I hear that the bulking cycle should last for 6-8 weeks or so. What should I do after that? maintainence or cut? and for how long?

Thanks a lot
    It all really boils down to individual goals. There is no set time that you should quit bulking and start cutting. Although I would keep in mind that the more bf you accumalate the longer you will have to cut to get back down to a low bf%. Dieting for long periods of time is not really ideal IMO.

I would just keep bulking. Depends on your idea of bulking though you know. If you're eating cheese burgers and bulking with a bag of Doritos in front of the TV or eating clean. If you are eating clean I don't think you have all that much to worry about.
    Last edited by SquareHead; 05-13-2003 at 05:10 PM.
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    I would see if I gained more muscle or more fat. If I gained more fat than muscle, I would cut.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

I bulked for a year and i turned into a fatass. Then I had to cut. I bulked again and then I maintained.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.