The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Net Carbs/CKD

Net Carbs/CKD

i know all of you have seen them if your doing a CKD. im talking about the low carb bars that have only 2 net carbs but in the nutritional info it says that there's 15 carbs? and its not fiber either, i already factor that in as well, still 15 carbs. whats the deal. it explains that the other carbs do not effect blood sugar, but there still carbs...right? im not sure if i should eat them or not. i see some brands that i have never heard before, dont even think about trying them...but, if there made by ADkins, would you trust the "net carbs" thing? what do you think?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Re: Net Carbs/CKD

Originally posted by greekboy80
    i know all of you have seen them if your doing a CKD. im talking about the low carb bars that have only 2 net carbs but in the nutritional info it says that there's 15 carbs? and its not fiber either, i already factor that in as well, still 15 carbs. whats the deal. it explains that the other carbs do not effect blood sugar, but there still carbs...right? im not sure if i should eat them or not. i see some brands that i have never heard before, dont even think about trying them...but, if there made by ADkins, would you trust the "net carbs" thing? what do you think?
    The other carbs are most likely sugar alcohols. These bars could kick you out of ketosis if you are performing a ketogenic diet. If you are really concerned about remaining in ketosis then I would save the low carb bars for when you are in a bind, or you can just eat one and see if it knocks you out of ketosis.

Here is an article that might interest you:
    http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/...d-glycerol.htm

The Nothing
    Horrible... horrible horrible. I'm going to hunt the person who made up this net carbs b.s. and kill him. Twice.

i would say the Same but if its made by Adkins(the low carb Guru) i would think that they would do it right ...right? still not sure.

The Nothing
    they still pack their bars with sugar alcohol. I used to eat them all the time at work. no wonder my low carbing back then wasnt giving the results i wanted.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Ya, when you're on CKD, it's the total carbs that matter.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Originally posted by Ironman8
    Ya, when you're on CKD, it's the total carbs that matter.
    Well actually it is the net impact carbs that matter but sugar alcohols can kick you out of ketosis.

For example, say you eat some brocolli that has 8g of carbs total but 5g come from fiber. Then you would only count 3g toward your daily total, if you were following a ketogenic diet.

Some products knocked me out of keto (specifically: the Atkins bar). I've tried a few other products that didn't seem to affect me (as much, at least) -- at least partially because they contained less sugar alcohol, I'm sure. My girlfriend drinks the Atkins shake daily for breakfast and has no problems with them at all.

In the end, some of the products can be damned useful if you save them for cravings, but you shouldn't rely on them daily. Give some a shot and see what happens to you.