The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: No Apettite

No Apettite

Lately, I haven't had any room to eat. What could this be a cause of? Any way to get it back?
    ANYTHING can happen on a TUESDAY!!!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

The Nothing
    No room to eat at all? Not even breakfast? Tell us what your typical day is, maybe we can help then.

well it's like this...

In the morning on my way to work, I have a serving of N-Large2. I work on the field, so i am constantly moving around. I usually have lunch at 12:00. For example, if i were to eat lunch at Jack in the Box, I would eat 3 chicken sandwiches. Now I can eat 1. When I come home, I'm usally starving and eat a big meal, digest, then go work out. I get home anywhere from 5-7:30. I don't even have room to eat when I come home now. I have another serving of N-Large2 after my workout, then another big meal at around 9pm. That's about it until I go to sleep. So what do you think?

9:00am, 12:00pm, 4:00pm, 6:00pm, 8:00pm, 10:00pm. Why not that?

Oh and I would also suggest that you make sure you aren't going-to-puke full, since you will be eating every two hours in the afternoon/evening.

Heck, even if you are, cram it down anyway.

yup, make that food fit. People trip out on me at work when they see me eating. I don't look hungry I'm not enjoying it and half the time I'm gagging, but hey as long as it stays down.

Hint: Wash it down with a lot of water. It helps it go down easier.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...asing+appetite

Here is an old thread about increasing appetite that might be of some help.

if you want, you could look for some god home-made MRP recipes, and basically "drink" your meals. sometimes that's what i have to do to get some food down.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Has your training been lagging Timastyle? If it has, maybe your body is telling you it doesn't need all the extra calories (like the 3 chicken sandwhiches).
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Originally posted by Ironman8
    Has your training been lagging Timastyle? If it has, maybe your body is telling you it doesn't need all the extra calories (like the 3 chicken sandwhiches).
    If his training has been suffereing I would take that as a sign of overtraining or maybe not taking in sufficient calories. Not a sign of eating too much.

Wannabebig Member
    somnetimes a loss of appetite is a sign of overtraining; when is the last time that you took some time off from the gym

I think T-bone mighta struck gold. Sounds like it could be overtraining, especially if your doing physically demanding work all day long.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Originally posted by bradley

If his training has been suffereing I would take that as a sign of overtraining or maybe not taking in sufficient calories. Not a sign of eating too much.
    I was sayin that since your body needs more calories when training, maybe his body doesn't need any extra calories anymore if his training has been suffering.

this is what the deal is. my routine looks like this and i've been kinda flaky the last few weeks...

Monday: Chest/Tris

3-5 sets incline db bench (5 reps, maybe go up to 8-10 reps for the last set)
    1-2 sets hammer strength chest press (6-8 reps)
    2 sets flat or incline flyes (8 reps)
    2 sets skull crushers
    2 sets kickbacks
    1 triple dropset of pushdowns

Wednesday: Legs/Shoulders

3-5 sets squats (5 reps)
    2 sets db romanian deadlifts (6-8 reps)
    2 sets leg press (8-10 reps)
    4 sets seated calf raise (10 reps for 1st 3 sets, last set is a triple dropset)
    2 sets overhead presses
    2 sets side lateral raises

Friday: Back/Bis
    3-5 sets supported or bentover rows (5 reps)
    2 sets palms-in chins (6-8 reps)
    1 dropset seated cable rows (4, 6 reps)
    1-2 sets rear delt flyes (10-12 reps)
    2-4 sets machine or dumbbell shrugs (5-12 reps)
    2 sets incline db curls
    2 sets hammer curls
    1 set bb curl
    1 set of 21s

i don't know what it is. i just can't eat like i used to. my job is physically demanding. by the time i'm done with work, i have no energy for the gym, but i usually suck it up. i don't know what's going on

Originally posted by Ironman8

I was sayin that since your body needs more calories when training, maybe his body doesn't need any extra calories anymore if his training has been suffering.
    If your training is suffering then you obviously need to take a step back and reevaluate your training and diet. Appetite is sometimes not the best indicator of when and how much to eat. For example, you see some people complaining that they are only hungry enough for two meals a day, even though they are training hard. If they only ate those two meals a day do you think they would make good gains?

originally posted by Ironman8
    The way you had it worded it sounded like that by him eating too much it was hurting his training. Maybe I just read it wrong, and if so I apologize.
    Last edited by bradley; 05-18-2003 at 04:58 AM.

Originally posted by Timastyle
    i don't know what it is. i just can't eat like i used to. my job is physically demanding. by the time i'm done with work, i have no energy for the gym, but i usually suck it up. i don't know what's going on
    I agree in that you might not be getting adequate rest which is in turn affecting your workouts. If your job is physically demanding then that along with your training could be limiting the amount of time that you have to recover from your workouts. I would recommend posting your routine in the training forum and see what kind of feedback you get. I think once your training gets back in gear and you are recovering properly then your appetite will come back as well.

The Nothing
    Depression and other Psychological diseases affect appetite. I have/had depression and my appetite went way down, and when i took the medication, my appetite when waaaaay up. So, it might be that your job is too demanding. Who knows.

Originally posted by bryancore
    Depression and other Psychological diseases affect appetite.
    That's very true. Timastyle, have you had a break from your job lately?

i haven't had any time off from work in a while. I don't really like my job either. i'm not happy about it at all, so that might be the cause. maybe i need some time off.