Thread: Potatoes...

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

Potatoes...

I quit eating white rice so I eat a mashed potato once in a while. I never eat plenty of it but I eat a couple a day.

The reason is do this is becuase nothing else really fills me up besides rice/potatoes.

Good or bad and what would you eat?

Re: Potatoes...

Originally posted by SickleCellXXL
    I quit eating white rice so I eat a mashed potato once in a while. I never eat plenty of it but I eat a couple a day.

The reason is do this is becuase nothing else really fills me up besides rice/potatoes.

Good or bad and what would you eat?
    Well the potatoes would be pretty high on the GI. Have you thought about trying sweet potatoes which would be a better carb choice IMO. Also thing like beans, veggies, etc. would be better choices than mashed potatoes.

go with brown rice a yam or sweet potato instead.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Back in the game
    if you enjoy potatoes and white rice, try mixing them with broccoli , coliflower ect, this will slow down the carb absorbsion into the bloodstream.
    Lordy,Lordy.
    Wont mind hanging out the back of that- Paddy.

There is a miracle supplement its called 110%
    Hardwork that is..........- Peter Parker

Your workouts are only limited cos of your imagination- Peter Parker

No movie makes me Question my own sexuality quite like this one - Gyno Rhino

Boiled spuds aint bad they have a GI of 62 compared with oatmeal which is 56. they are very cheap too
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

I am not afraid of potatoes. But I don't eat alot of them when cutting.

you could always cooked a sweet potato and then mash it, and top it with some cinnamon. that always fills me up nicely. but like other people suggested, you could also try fibrous things like broccoli, cauliflower, brussel spouts, beans, those all can have a tendency to fill you up.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    But if you're cutting, I would try to stay away from fiberous fruit (due to the sugar).
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....