Thread: diet and limited training

Wannabebig Member

diet and limited training

ive been in a cast for a month and cant lift with upper body. i do abs, legs, neck and close to two hours cardio a day. i also do self resistance training(mainly just flexing, since i cant evenly distribute resistance due to the broken arm) is it okay to get over 3000 calories a day like i did before when i was lifting weights every day, or should i reduce it? i weigh 157 with around 5 or 6 % bodyfat.

Well are you losing, maintaining, or gaining weight at this calorie level? If you are doing 2 hours of cardio a day you are going to need a good amount of calories to sustain that amount of activity. I would just stay at that current calorie level and then see how your body responds. If you find yourself gaining weight then cut down on the cals a bit.

Why so much cardio?

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Yes, mindburnt, you need alot of calories due to your activity level.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

if you do close to two hours of cardio a day, that burns a heck of a lot more calories then lifting weights. IMO yes, its fine to eat that much.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Wannabebig Member
    im not a bodybuilder as much as i am an athlete. thats why i do so much cardio. what athletes dont?

it all depends what you consider athletes i guess.

i mean, i dont think SUMO wrestlers do much cardio IMO, and im sure in Japan they are considered the "top" athletes
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
    it all depends what you consider athletes i guess.

i mean, i dont think SUMO wrestlers do much cardio IMO, and im sure in Japan they are considered the "top" athletes
    sumo is more of a greco roman wrestling that needs little speed. consider ninjas japan's top athletes. way more agility required. im sure they do more than lift weights and a 30 minute cardio a day. just simply bodybuilding doesnt help much with agility.

Did you ever see sumo matches?! Trying to push a 300Ib(estimate) man out of a circle is cardio enough for me!

Sumo wrestling is suprisingly similar to homestyle heavyweight wrestling. And yeah, believe me, you need a pretty good amount of cardio endurance to compete

Heh heh, wrestling is pretty vigerous too. Heh, I can't imagine someone running around, picking up the other guy, and getting slammed for an hour in an Ironman match