The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

WBB#1 and crunches

hey i was just wondering if you guys think that weighted crunches are better than just regular crunches (i'm pretty sure they are)....and if so, how do you exactly do weighted crunches..i mean, what kind of weights do you use what is the most effective way to hold them. i need some ideas....
    thanks!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Selfproclaimed Fancy Pants wibble's Avatar
    Weighted Crunches are definitely better. I do mine on the decline bench with a dumbell held to my chest.

weighted crunches should only be performed once your body weight is not sufficient enough for abdominal growth, hopefully your lower back and abs will be strong enough to incorporate weights along with the crunches by then.

weights, normal weights, grab it either behind your head, or on your chest with both hands, then either do it flat, or declined on a bench with body supported by leg curl attachment
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

Just an addition to what has already been said. One of the main misconseptions of weighted ab work is that people are trying to flaten there stomachs to get a better looking six pac. This will not work unless you are already lean (under %9 body fat). Your abs work just like any other muscle when you ad weight. It builds it under the fat that is there. To help flaten your stomach you need to do low intensity and burn it out. Your body takes fat from where ever it wants when breaking it down, not from the target area.
    "Why is there always time to do things twice, but never time to do things right?"

Originally posted by p_t
    Just an addition to what has already been said. One of the main misconseptions of weighted ab work is that people are trying to flaten there stomachs to get a better looking six pac. This will not work unless you are already lean (under %9 body fat). Your abs work just like any other muscle when you ad weight. It builds it under the fat that is there. To help flaten your stomach you need to do low intensity and burn it out. Your body takes fat from where ever it wants when breaking it down, not from the target area.

P_T great advice all over the board its totally correct to get that 6 pac u need to lower ur body fat THEN u will see some poppin abs
    "It's all about quality, not quantity. That's not to say that the other programs won't work. But you should learn first how to use intensity to it's fullest. You will encounter a lot of programs throughout the internet. None will be productive if you can't lift with the proper intensity." - Maki

whats wbb mean???
    height 6'4
    weight 270lbs
    currently trying to lose weight
    goal: musculer 240lbs would be nice

wbb = wannabebig!
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

lol
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg