The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

xmen-2 vs matrix reloaded

well ive herd alot in here that the matrix reloaded sucks..

well i havent seen either xmen of matrix
    witch one is better????
    height 6'4
    weight 270lbs
    currently trying to lose weight
    goal: musculer 240lbs would be nice

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    matrix 2 hands down (sorry I'm a little biased... matrix nut... If M2 was just a blank screen running for 2.5 hours it would still be the 2nd greatest movie ever made LOL)
    w00t

IMO, go see X2. I thought it was a great movie. If you like the X Men comic book it follows the story real well and gets into Wolverine's past. I didn't really like Matrix reloaded, but a lot of people do. Check out this to see what people thought of Matrix Reloaded.
    While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us. -- Ben Franklin

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    X2 bored the hell out of me. Matrix was just insane. A lot of people are bitching about a story or plot and fail to realize it was the exact same plot as the first. That's why it's a trilogy. Or they'll complain about the acting or some such. But it's the Matrix. You didn't go to see great acting or insane character development. You went to see the effects and the fight scenes. And I thought it put the original Matrix to shame in both categories.

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Originally posted by Fightin Irish
    If you like the X Men comic book it follows the story real well and gets into Wolverine's past
    The movie didn't follow the comic book very well at all It did follow the broad strokes of the story but by no mean reproduced it accurately.
    w00t

I liked them both. Both well done too. I'd prefer M2 over X2 though but that's just me.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Originally posted by GonePostal

The movie didn't follow the comic book very well at all It did follow the broad strokes of the story but by no mean reproduced it accurately.
    True. They threw a lot of stuff in there just to satisfy the comic book readers, although a lot of it was not accurate. Like Jean Gray got those Phoenix powers from some aliens, I believe.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Originally posted by NDBeast

True. They threw a lot of stuff in there just to satisfy the comic book readers, although a lot of it was not accurate. Like Jean Gray got those Phoenix powers from some aliens, I believe.
    That happens after I believe. I don't know, I felt it was pretty accurate along with the comic book series. I would bet you they left that out for the next movie. That's whys he died in this one.
    While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us. -- Ben Franklin

Both are must-see flicks, but for different reasons.

X2 because it's really good (better than the original), and the Matrix because even though it's only "so-so" as a movie, the visuals are outstanding, plus you don't wanna be left out of the water cooler conversations at work. Although I've noticed the discussions are a little negative. Guess it depends on your age/social strata/etc.

Still, my vote is to see X-Men 2 before Hype Reloaded.

Matrix Reloaded. X2 wasn't bad though.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

just go watch the incredible hulk.
    =)
    Train.

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Originally posted by Fightin Irish

That happens after I believe. I don't know, I felt it was pretty accurate along with the comic book series. I would bet you they left that out for the next movie. That's whys he died in this one.
    So many flaws. Where's hank McCoy? Why is rouge falling in love with iceman instead of gambit? Where's gambit? Why is rogue a teenager when she should be in her 20's. Where is arch angel? The list goes on and on and on. But I still enjoy the X men movie series for what it is.

Oh and the phenix is an alien entity that is inside of jean grey. That is what x3 is about :P
    w00t

Hank was on the TV. Gambit's real name was on the computer.

The list can go on and on but they're both slated to be in the next one.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    IMO, go with M2. I thought it sucked at first, but I started thinking more about the story, and it became clear to me. Anyways, go with M2.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Originally posted by galileo
    Hank was on the TV. Gambit's real name was on the computer.

The list can go on and on but they're both slated to be in the next one.
    Beast was an original x-men and they should have had him in the first 2. Don't know how they are going to work gambit into the story though...
    w00t

Most fans of the comic book went in expecting to see an exact rendition of everything they've already read. That would suck. I'm a big fan of the comic, but I enjoy seeing it in a different way. Even if it isn't accurate to the letter.

Aye. I'm especially interested in seeing how the Phoenix saga is going to play out.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Originally posted by GonePostal
    matrix 2 hands down (sorry I'm a little biased... matrix nut... If M2 was just a blank screen running for 2.5 hours it would still be the 2nd greatest movie ever made LOL)
    EXACTLY.

lol. I'm biased too, to the point where without having seen X2, I already know that M2 is better.

But honestly, Wolverine may kick serious ass and I did like X-1 a lot, but can he combine an insanely original futuristic world, christianity, buddhism, and classical symbolism in one stylish philosophical mindf*ck that forces every cubicle slave to question the reality of his every day world WHILE doing the ass kicking??

Uh-huh. I thought not.
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

I'll buy all that except the "insanely original" part.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

havent seen matrix yet, im not a matrix geek, so i can wait for the video to come out.

i was disappointed with xmen2, but i still liked it, maybe i had my hopes up too much.

i didnt like how nightcrawler(such a wimpy superhero) was used so much. and they barely used colossus at all.

i guess stryker was needed for this sequel, but he is a boring villain, there are so many better choices.

i am still impressed with how they are getting pretty good actors to look like the heroes
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Originally posted by MrWebb78
    havent seen matrix yet, im not a matrix geek, so i can wait for the video to come out.
    Matrix geeks should unite and force the W. brothers to make it a five part series.

Or...oooooh....we could put them in a special incubator and harvest their brain energy 24/7 to create fantastic movies and revolutionize special effects/action choreography on a daily basis!

Ok, sorry. Stopping.
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

flex muscle btwn your ears
    Originally posted by Saturday Fever
    X2 bored the hell out of me. Mat rix was just insane. A lot of people are bitching about a story or plot and fail to realize it was the exact same plot as the first. That's why it's a trilogy. Or they'll complain about the acting or some such. But it's the Matrix. You didn't go to see great acting or insane character development. You went to see the effects and the fight scenes. And I thought it put the original Matrix to shame in both categories.
    I'll be damned I'm in agreement w/ you ? Nah can't be possible..
    ''madness takes it's toll, please have exact change."

Belief:
    http://www.real-wishes.com/images/wish-3.jpg
    http://www.real-wishes.com

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Gal: you truely don't know comic book nerds then I'm talking about true fans... like the ones that broke into the X2 set and stole the first photographs of night crawler that they were trying so hard to hide

Oh and JANE = GOOD
    Last edited by GonePostal; 05-20-2003 at 08:34 PM.
    w00t

lol Jane im not tryin to be mean by saying 'geeks'. i just mean that im not one of the people who have marked the day on their calendar and held countdowns and went to the matrix website daily for 4 years.

i liked the first movie, and will obviously see the 2nd, but it just wasnt *THAT* great of a movie.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    BLASPHEMY!!!! *covers ears and closes his eyes*
    w00t